• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Movement issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swe

Swe

Level 2
Hi. Is there any way to move a large group of units simoultaneously with triggers without spamming the
Unit-Move Unit(Instantly)
trigger?

Also if you have any hints for cinematics, 'couse with my lack of experience i have to use the "periodic event" event or the "wait" action.
(apologee for my bad english)

For any case, periodic events or timers are more preferable than waits, which are not that accurate, when they have a time repetition of under 0.270 seconds.

In order to move groups of units (which, if I got correctly, will be used for a cinematic), you can create a region in the Editor and try every unit to be stepping within that region.

Then, use this trigger:
  • Tri
  • Events
    • <Event here>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Center of (Playable Map Area))
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Your region, e.g. Battle Region <gen>)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Point1
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Reactions: Swe

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Be warned that only 1 unit can start to move per internal frame per player as it runs the pathing update for mini moves once per player per game frame.

Getting 200 units to move at once will not work well as they will start to move over the period of a few seconds and may exibit mini move depletion (stop start as people often refer to it).

Status
Not open for further replies.