• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arrow key movement animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay, so i made an arrow key movement system for my map, and it works fine. Problem is, since its a periodic event that happens every .15 seconds, the units animation becomes really jittery since he is being ordered to move every .15 seconds. Is there any way to keep my movement system and keep the units animations fluid?

Level 12
Okay, so i made an arrow key movement system for my map, and it works fine. Problem is, since its a periodic event that happens every .15 seconds, the units animation becomes really jittery since he is being ordered to move every .15 seconds. Is there any way to keep my movement system and keep the units animations fluid?

You could make the movement distance more broad and have it adapt to key presses. Or make it happen faster than that.

What I mean is, you could have it tell your unit to run VARIABLEy west should you press left arrow. Then have a WHILEMOVING trigger that activates on the first press, which makes all future key presses for VARIABLEy distance ADJUST the angle your unit is heading towards, therefore changing the direction while he's already in motion?

Sounds fun to write.

Level 8
you mean like instead of having the unit move every x seconds, have them move to a point once and then in the whilemoving trigger have the point move or something like that?

Level 11
I would suggest you create a structure type unit (non structure type units don't run their walk animations properly from a trigger command) and then make that structure type unit play the walk animation in the direction you want. Then you just move it every .01 seconds in that direction. I've thought of a good system to do it, I'll build it next time I have some time, which sorry,(is not now) Good Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.