• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarMage

Keywords:
war mage blood elf high magic magician mage sorceror
Contents

WarMage (Model)

WarMage (Model)

Assets
Reviews
Chriz.: Great quality, a classic.
Level 10
The elven one was before, he often changes his avatars. And elvish banners aren't scarry at all, I was refering to the Vampire!
Haven't seen Hellsing, I'm not such a fan of horror oriented movies (except science-fiction like Alien)

Level 11
Yes, my avatars often change, depending on my mood, and my interests at the time. My last one was the last bride of Dracula, Aleera, from Van Helsing, and before her an elven guard from Lothlorien. It's a pretty good movie(Van Helsing), you should see it. It's not really a horror movie, more like an action movie with some romance, though it does have some horror, it's nothing to bad.(It's not as scary as M. Night Shamalyon's movies, and they aren't very scary)

Anyway, like my new avatar? It's the sign of the house of Finarfin. :)

Btw, I got those models working.(I hope) Me e-mail suddenly decided to give me access to them...wierd...but anyway, yay for me! If any are good, they get a spot in my campaign!(I haven't looked at them yet) Thanks again!

Level 3
Hey The Paths you game me r great but i have a 2 more files in mine,....

Called .DS_Store and ._.DS_Store

What Are Those And Do i need a path for them?

Level 10
No, they aren't. These files are just the indirect result of Darky using a Mac when he reuploaded the files for me.
Lord Finarfin, if you like Elven emblems, go to wc3campaign and look at my sig, it contains an emblem I've made for Turgon using the description given in The Book of Lost Tales (poor chap was almost the only Noldor Prince whose emblem had not been created by Tolkien).

Level 3
Hey armel,I gonna use your model to a campaign,but I will skin it(not me,other guy),to be diferent,do not worry that your name will be on credits ;)
Just to make you know,cause its your model ;)

Level 1
:evil: Evil :evil:
Awhile back ago i downloaded this model, thinking it was the coolest one i had found so far. however, it was a virus nd majorly destroyed my computer to the point that i needed a new one. i know that it was this model because when i unzipped it the virus activated, also i opened one of the files in wordpad and, sure enough, it was a virus. I would appreciate it if you would not post virus' on the internet, as it ruins the community for the rest of us. I apologize if i got the wrong Warmage file and author, but im pretty sure it was this one, thank you.

Level 10
Well, I don't know where the virus could come from but I certainly can't have coded the virus myself or have been aware of it: I am a total noob in informatics. However, I'm pretty good at keeping my comp safe from viruses so in my opinion it is very likely that you got the virus from another source. Since you're the first one to repport the problem while this file has been downloaded by thousands of people, I can only assume that the contamination came from another file you downloaded or that the file got somehow recently corrupted on the wc3sear.ch server where it is hosted. Even if the virus was already in the model when I uploaded it, be sure that it happened without my knowing it.

Level 2
My virus scanner did not detect any threat but i do not trust this model for it contains files that should have nothing to do with is these files include

.Ds_store
._
_Macosx

I strongly advise to be careful downloading this file.

Level 1
.ds_store and .macosx are not (or at least shoulnd't be) virus files. they are in no way part of warcraft 3. they are default files installed by the mac osx when a cross-platform directory (cd, zip file, whatever) is created (I'm still not sure why, as they do absolutly nothing that I can tell :? )

Level 5
1200000000000 war3 files have those 2 archives, I have been facing such files a lot and they had never brought any problems, i dunno why you keep on arguing about viruses on this model, just download it, get an antivirus and scan it and u`ll see.

about what those 2 things are, i guess it`s really something related to MACs.

Level 1
Im just a stupid noob, right. got it.
With that out of the way, upon trying to import this (reading the tutorial many times) The model never shows up. I get his icon, but not the model. I put it WarMage\WarMage\WarMage\WarMage.mdx and it is an un-selectable, invisible unit. What am I doing wrong?

Level 3
I'll tell you whats wrong! you are not suppose to change the filepath of all mdl and/or mdx files. there is a tutorial about this so read that.

Level 3
mata_bun, I've solved your problem!

Change the filepath of the main skin(HighElfWarMage) to 'Textures\HighElfWarMage'

So the filepaths must look like this:
1)war3imported\WarMage
2)Textures\HighElfWarMage

Level 2
FYI, Please compress your textures. You can reduce the size of the texture file by 50% easily without losing any quality at all.

Level 3
the model is perfect but the animations could be better. when he walks or fights his head is swinging all over the place, looks kinda weird, id get nauseous if my head swung around like that all the time xD, anyway 4.5/5

Level 10
lol this model got uploaded four years ago and still posting =P
Lol, yes, thanks guys for all the accumulation of positive feedback, can't believe there's still an active community of people who use and enjoy this model ^^
As for the polys... I dunno, it never tired my good old laptop which I got in 2003 (but it was one of the best at the time). But since I was only ever an amateur I may have duplicated vertices by mistake and hence artificially increased the polycount. For similar reasons, the animations were the normal Blizzard anims edited as much as possible using hand to hand CnP and trial/error in mdl, just because that was all I was able to do.

Level 2
I'm also having issues with the model not displaying in game.
This is what I've got

war3mapImported\WarMage.mdx
war3mapImported\WarMage_Portrait.mdx
textures\HighElfWarMage.blp
UI\Glues\ScoreScreen\scorescreen-hero-warmage.blp

Have I done something incorrectly?