• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarMage

Keywords:
war mage blood elf high magic magician mage sorceror
Contents

WarMage (Model)

WarMage (Model)

Assets
Reviews
Chriz.: Great quality, a classic.
Level 3
This model is not that great in itself, though it does have a lot of potential. With a little editing, it can be very useful. Here is my criticism:

The head is what degrades this model most. It's not proportionate with the body and the face is a little too chubby. The Jay Leno chin also subtracts from the quality. The head shouldn't be so upright, either, it makes him look too much like a soldier and less like a mage. The legs are also unproportionate and should be thinned up just a little. The shoulderpads don't go too well with the model/skin and should either be removed or reskinned.
I give it 3/5.

Level 10
OK, Ive tried again and again, but the link is still broken. I've contacted a mod to see if he can fix it.
Jarin, it's your right not to like it. All I can say is I did the best I could without a professional modeling program, and it was my first skin. I like the model the way it is, proportions are OK to me since it is a Wc3 model (proportions are about as good as in any Wc3 hero model, I checked), so I'll keep it this way. Who is Jay Leno?

Level 7
OK, Ive tried again and again, but the link is still broken. I've contacted a mod to see if he can fix it.

:!: Yes, please staff, see if you can fix the re-submit prob. That would be most excellent.

Same thing happened to me bout a month ago and I contacted a mod. ...I'm guessing it may not be a quick fix, heheh. You may have to upload anew to get your model working again for now. People only seem to really notice the first page anyway, so that's good I guess. But ya lose all ratings and comments. Sucks. :(

Level 11
Oh yes it's very sexy. :wink: *dies laughing then miraculously comes back to life* I think I might try a campaign with this model in it...but I'll be sure to give you credit if I do, armel!

Level 10
Oh, I haven't tested this anim in game, I thought I haden't made mistakes with eventobjects. Thanks, I'll fix this (which means you'll have to wait a little more for the link to work again).
EDIT: eventobjects fixed and new version sent to Darky, I hope he fixes the link soon. I publicly apologize to all the poor souls who downloaded this model while it still had two tiny bugs, sorry.

Level 7
Oh.. oh.... OH YES! Finally the link got fixed! Putting this in my project right away!

Credit given to Armel "and" Oinkerwinkle? :?: :roll:

Oink! kk, Samwise is gonna get it too :D Oinkerwinkle is out.... sounds kinnda harsh, lol

Level 7
NOOOOO0000000ooooooooooo................. . . . . . .

I only get the model file :?
As in; I don't get any blp files, only the mdx
As in; The model doesn't show in the editor
As in; WHY THE TORTURE! I WANT THIS MODEL SO BADLY :cry:

Level 10
Whoops, he must have forgotten the skin. I'm sending it to him with the model right away.
Rexfist Malice, credits go to me and Samwise (for concept) only, Oinkerwinkle provided the tools, so he gets thanks for making the model possible, but since he had no part in making the model itself, I guess he'd not agree with being credited.

Level 2
Rexfist, if you want,I have the _portrait.mdx and the .blp file. I also have a compressed 35 KB version of the skin so that it won't be such a huge size increase in your map.

@ Armel: Confirmed. The stand channel animation is fixed. :D

Level 1
Can someone send it to me too?... please :lol: BTW gr8 model 5/5 but i think we already established that.

Level 2
ive been looking for somthing like this for awhile, this is kickass...... id love to get my hands on it, and would do ANYTHING lol. so uh, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz send it to me (working) [email protected]

Level 1
Your model looks great, but the download link doesn't work :(
have you think about to put it on some web space so people can download?
can you please please send me the model via email
[email protected] :)

Level 3
This is an AWSOME model but I've got a problem. It's cool and all but when I download it, it only comes with the model. I make it Warmage.mdx but it still doesn't load. What the hell is wrong with it :?: :?: :?:

Level 1
This is the best model i have ever seen :D
but there is a little suggestion about the animations :!:
When the warmage cast spell, it ALWAYS use the spell channel,
do you know how to make it use the spell attack animation??
because i think the spell attack is cooler than the channel one :wink:

Level 10
I think you can set it in the spell's data: change the animation's name to spell and it should work (I hope). If it doesn't I'll change the name to Spell - 1, and then setting the used anim's name to Spell - 1 should work.

Level 10
Happy to see it worked. Now only thing that needs to be done is Darky has to fix this uploading bug (he said he would soon) so I can fix the dl link at last. PEOPLE, KEEP SENDING ME YOUR ADRESS IF YOU WANT ME TO SEND THE MODEL TO YOU. THANKS.

Level 10
It's not broken for me. Again all you people who have problems to download it, until reuploading bugs are fixed, just leave me your adress and I'll send whatever part you can't dl correctly until uploading works properly again.

Level 1
Im kinda a noob at this, but what do i type in under custom path? and i dont really understand the "how to import models" tutorial

Level 11
First do you have TFT(the frozen throne)? If you do then open the import manager(it up at the top by the trigger editor). Click the import file button(It's at the top). Click on all the files that you got in the download of the model. Now at the top of this page under number of skins. Textures\HighElfWarMage.blp is in green so it needs to be changed(right now it should say wc3imported\HighElfWarMage or something like that). So double click on that file and click the custom path box and type it in. With all the paths correct, save your map and restart the editor(you have to restart it when doing skins and icons too) go to your map and the model should be there. PM or e-mail me if you have any other questions(or just ask another question here, I check this page occasionally).

Now... [email protected]. I would appreciate it if the file worked with winzip(that's all I got). Thanks Armel! :)