• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarMage

Keywords:
war mage blood elf high magic magician mage sorceror
Contents

WarMage (Model)

WarMage (Model)

Assets
Reviews
Chriz.: Great quality, a classic.
Level 3
This model is beautiful, but like the others I seem to be having trouble downloading it.
My E-Mail is [email protected]

Please send the whole thing to me, it's perfect for the last Human hero in my CTF game. Credits go to you and Samwise (for the concept) right?

Level 7
Make a news post on the broken link for darky he might fix it... :wink: or at least allow u to make another post with the dl working...

Level 10
I've asked Darky to fix it, hope he does it soon. Thank you all for comments, I've sent the model to all those who asked for it.
Everybody: just ask, and I'll send it.
Lord Finarfin, I tried to learn elvish but I lacked the time (I can do quite good calligraohy however). How do you say "You're wellcome"?

Level 11
I haven't really had enough time to learn the language either, but I do know some words and phrases.

"Lle creoso" is you're welcome.

http://www.geocities.com/hobbits_live5/learnelvish.html is a good place to learn some elvish if you're interested. Another place is http://www.elvenkingdom.net but it doesn't have as much on it.(It also seems to be down right now :( )

Also there's a book called "The Languages of Tolkien's Middle Earth" with alot of translations.(It's about 16 dollars)

Sii, tenna' ento lye omenta, namarie, mellonin.

Level 10
Hehe, all I understood was "Namarie, mellonin", the rest is obscur to me :wink: . I've bought a very good "Dictionary of Elven Languages" (only available in French), but I only use it occasionally to create short sentences for flags on drawings.
Namarie, mellonin

Level 11
"Sii, tenna' ento lye omenta, namarie, mellonin."

"Now, until we meet again, farewell, my friend."

I'm going to start working on an elven campaign soon, so I've been looking these things up. :wink:

Tenna' ento lye omenta.

Level 10
Then you might find a use for some of the elvish models I have: I have put for download elvish towers that can be built (added a build animation + upgrade anims), and I also have a few modified elven models: Jaina converted to an elf, a few units transformed into heroes (anims, glow, dissipate sound), an elven warrior with a cape, an elvish altar of heroes...

Level 11
Do I need to download both of the towers? And where is that other stuff located? Thanks for the tips though... :D

Nai valar man vys.

May the powers bless you.

(I'm feeling particularly elvish today...so I'll be speaking it for a while now) *runs off to change avatar and sig*

Level 10
Ah, I was wondering why the avi was different :)
There is one tower with only three versions (the three seen in the RoC undead campaign) and one with an additionnal arcane tower upgrade + an elvish ice tower upgrade, I'd recommend you use this one.
The other models are not available for download, cause they are not good enough (they were my first model edits, so they are quite basic yet useful modifications, and since the dl section is already too full of minor edits I didn't put them for download), but they can still be quite usefull, so anyone wanting them can ask me and I'll send them. Do you want to take a look at them?

Level 3
you're model is very nice.... :D but I have trouble finding some useful spells or abilities
especially the blade is hard to apply :oops:

is it possible for you to make the same model, but without a blade... it would make my day a lot better!!

Level 1
hmmm... the dissapate icon aint working...? it just turns to the bugged green when you kill this hero... or it's just me... someone tell me why...

anyway its class should be bladesinger...
or blade-singer... more elvish, and lets's not forget that elves hate wars... =)

Level 11
"and lets's not forget that elves hate wars... =)"

Since when have elves hated wars? :? I don't think I've read about any elves that hate wars....anyway, Armel, about those models you sent me...my e-mail decided to remove access to them...-_-; I'll try to access them again, but I might need you to send them to me again...I'll let you know if I access them or not.

*goes off to rip apart his e-mail*

Level 10
Just ask and I'll send the model back.

Elves are essentially non-violent, they don't have the perverted warrior culture humans have. But they are ready to fight fiercely if needed. And some Elves in Tolkien's world seem to like it (perverted Noldor like Feanor, who claims the deeds the Noldor will accomplish will never be forgotten). Those Elves were even ready to slaughter their friends the Teleri to flee Valinor. Even Tolkien's worl is not 100% antiwar, as it is said somewhere that evil can be seen as a way to make the world beautifuller by creating the high values associated with war against evil: courage, strength against adversity... Yet never would an Elf adhere to human values like the ones seen in the film "Troy" for instance: Achilles fighting for glory and not even caring if he is fighting for a good cause.

Level 1
ok... i'm wrong then... yet... i stil prefer it to be called bladesinger =)
meh... just tell me the path pls?

oh and do you make models on request armel?

Level 10
Well, I'm a little busy these days (work + already several requests). So I can't make a model on request, but I can teach you how to use the available programs to make your own models, it's quite easy to learn in quite a short time how to make simple model edits such as geoset mergings... Wanna me to teach you?
The import path for the skin is wtitten in the model info just above the comments, like for all models on this site:"Textures\HighElfWarMage.blp". Use the default import path for the model and the portrait.

Level 1
the default is war3import/blah...
if that's right... i dunno why mine aint working -,-

well if you're busy nevermind
i'm busy with triggers
my com suc ass i need a new machiene to model
thanks for your help so far

Level 1
It's very nice... but i can't put it in my map

What's the path for the model please? and for other files?
I can see only a green square :(

I love the model, and i would like to put it in my RPG

(il est vraiment formidable ton travail 5/5 mon gars)

Level 10
OK everybody, if you have problems importing the model, import it as explained below:
model: don't change the default import path
portrait: don't change the default import path
skin: Textures\HighElfWarMage.blp
BTN icon: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNWarMage.blp
DISBTN icon: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNWarMage.blp
Scorescreen icon: UI\Glues\ScoreScreen\scorescreen-hero-warmage.blp