• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Listen. I am a big fan of WWII tanks and so si Velm. If you dont belive me ask him. Germans had very good tanks. Russians folowed with theyr T-34 and IS-1, IS-2 and the moster IS-3. America and Britain had nothing like that. They sucked at tanks. Britain had a good fighter the fameous "Spitfire". American well, they had nothing. Well exept the nuclear bomb. but only at the wery end of war. And only thx to germans, cuz if they didnt started making 1, americans wouldent either.
As for massive casualties of rushians, well thats a slavic thing, mostly.

Level 10
This should be the Ork's "tank":
m2110130_99120103017_OrkBattlewagon_873x627.jpg

That game looks pretty lame. Is like omg i r badass, walking among the enemies firing, showering with their bullets, some spectacular scenes which actually don't contribute much to gameplay tbh. Even being a space marine, you shouldn't be in the middle, at the center of arena, but be more careful. Still Firewarrior looks better game. I'd prefer some shooter where being an eldar. That would be fun.

Level 11
Well like I sed, and you hurd in the cideo, game is still early development. And thing that hes hard to kill maybe is because its the begining of the forst level. Or maybe they setted it up that marine is invincible so they could show all things thay have to show.
I agree about the bolter. Maybe it will be changed later.

Level 13
IMO the Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine game looks baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad at the moment. The battles seems abit repetetive and boring, the blocking looks dumb and the sync kills most likely get old pretty fast. Then again it's an early stage so there is still time for change.

However I absolutely HATE the Bolter! Why is a weapon shooting mini rockets suddenly a useless sub machine gun? The Bolter does not shoot that fast and it shoots explosive rounds. It should tear the traitor guards into pieces in a matter of seconds. Also the way he just beat up a bunch of Chaos Space Marines at the same time doesn't make sense. They're supposed to be equal and this SM looks like a normal SM, yet he is tearing his way through them like a knife through butter.

Level 10
Easy or not, it's quite disappointing (from my point of view, of course) to see such things: Warhammer 40k has its own lore with its specifications, as well as a very good built-in balance, so I don't see why games should re-balance, re-invent it. Of course, the TT game is turn based so there's still some ironing to do for the sake of balance but it's quite disappointing to see a Baneblade getting owned by a Land Raider, Space Marines outshooted by Orks (DOW), one single SM owning more CSMs or a such BAD bolter (SM).
That said, I would like to see some shooter about WH40k where you act as IG, maybe as a commando squad like Kasrkins or Stormtroopers. IMHO it would give the best atmosphere since:
- You are not a killing machine, you are a simple human: think more before doing any action.
- You don't have super-technological weapons (such as Tau - BTW, in Firewarrior one Tau owns lots of IGs, SMs and CSMs... same as written some lines above :S).
- The gothic-warlike feeling that characterise WH40k is still there. =)

Of course, being a SM is just another "feeling", but I'd prefer the IG's one. =)
Just my preference. =)

Level 11
But in strategy there are squads vs squads. Here there is only you vs squads. If it stayed same as in strategy, players would get ownd easy. Well exept when theyr fighting eldar guardians orchaos cultists.

Level 11
Tellthat to them. Aldo drednaught is cool, I wouldent like to be piloting 1. You cant get out of him, nor do anything fun and pleaserfull during your free time.

Level 13
DoW 2 release date right not is late february. However some say it's Q2 2009. We'll soon see. Also Chaos will NOT be in DoW 2 at start but they and imperial guard will most likely be in the first expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.