• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it looks the most active social group.

Anyway, a psyker in the command squad is a must against the tau. Guardsmen weak morale is actually a bonus, because they are faster when broke! And in tier 1 you can't fight them, you need to get to T2 asap. I actually never research those morale upgrades, this way I get a moral excuse to kill my own troops 8). After that, they are immune to morale thanks to kommissars, however still weak and slow to replace, so I don't really blindly throw them in the frontline.

Level 10
I find a commander rush in small maps pretty userful against Tau. If you are fast enough you can engage the Tau commander with your command squad, kroots with commissars and firewarriors and stealthsuits squads with psykers while IGs provide long range support, expecially against turrets.
One bad thing about IGs is their effective cost: 160req for a 5 men squad, considering that 1 IG is 20req, is a waste of 60req; instead, a space marines squad is 190req for a 4 men squad, meaning that, with a single SM costing 50req, you are saving 10req... of course, a FULL SM squad is much more expensive than IGs, but the initial advantage is evident... :\
Oh, well, we have bunkers =D

BTW, anyone tried DOWpro here?

Level 11
Well Full SM squad with upgraides can own any other basic or basic assault squad no problem. Anyway rush is a good thing aldo u will offten be callled a noob when playing online...
DOWpro? newer hurd of it. If its online, i cant play DOW online cuz of the routers and stuff. I thried fixing but didnt work.
wereguy2- Are u calling us gay or something. I am know for spam on forums. I once made 250 posts in less then 9 days because there werent social groups like that but an open forum thread in wich u got a post unlike this. This is a good spam stop aldo i dont understand what spam is and why are ppl afraide of it.

Level 10
I think that wereguy2 just wanted to say that we two are keeping up the group ^^
Also, I don't use the rush tactic much online... I tried once but I got outeched and got owned xD
DOWpro is a mod that can be played in either SP or MP since it has an enhanced AI that will use all the new tactics and units. It just makes DOW a more challenging and tactical game: where, in the vanilla game, the objective was to rush with teching (at least to lv2), DOWpro rewards players spending some more time building an early army. There is also a better balance between the races and every faction's unit is now more lore-wise now (for example, HW teams are now less powerful and more similar to a SM heavy bolter; Leman Russes have a better attack, heavy stubber on top of turret and a lascannon option; Kasrkins are no more a SM owning squad but they can now use more weapons and can infiltrate, etcetc...).
For more informations go here.
Mod is Dark Crusade only.

Level 11
KK sunds good. Aldo i dont have dark crusade nor soulstorm hehe. But i red a tactics on forums on how to win with new races or how to beat em.

Level 11
I have around 10 posts and no rep :p. I usualy join formus for oftopic discusions not for what forum is realy about. But usualy formus dont have specific social groups, but a oftopic forum part, so you gat 1 more posr count when ever u say something, unlike here. I once made about 250 posts in less then 9 days on 1 forum XD. Been realy bored....
Anyway your lucky your comp can even run UT3. My has a procesor that should run on 2.8 GH, but it works on 1.6 :( (and yes it is 1 core). 1 gigabait of RAM memory. Grafic card is Ati Radeon X550 (!!!!!!!!!!!!! it even doesnt have 4 numbers....).

hey i didnt know there was a wh40k group!!! i must be retarded hahaha.
i just have bunch of mods for DC. never play for real. just for fun and just with my brother cos i am crap.
i dled Steel Legion mod, Witchhunters mod, Inquisition mod, Tyranid mod and a combiner mod for the first 3 which adds more units in the existing 7 races. Full scale battle group its called. pretty cool.

and for miniatures, i got 12 SM. 6 of them i made cannibalising bits of broken landspeeder and other broken marines. they look pretty decent actually.
my mum is too cheapo to buy paint so they are right now just black...
does anyone know if watercolour paint works?

i just do it cos the models look good. witchhunter mod detail is a killer. so much texture detail. anyway, they take a lot of space. my DC folder is 7 GB.
and recently i also played warhammer mark of chaos. pretty fun. no need to worry about building. my daemon prince is lulz. but my brothers bright wizard lord kills it...asshole...weapon item that ignores armour? what a bullshit!

Level 11
You dont like building up a base?
Thry Codename: Panzers phase one and two. No base building. U just select units that u want (they cost afcourse) and play with them.

Level 10
Well, welcome, Pyramidhe@d!
Talking about DOW mods... the Inquisition and the Steel Legion are my favourites but, I must say, the Tyranid mod is the most balanced. The Witchhunter mod is one of the worst about balance... sure, it has a very good graphic and it's just a beta but it's VEEEEERY unbalanced (overpowered commander, overpowered artillery, almost everything is overpowered...).
About miniatures... I don't know if watercolours works, it should depends on the kind of miniature (for example if it is a metal one). Personally I use the official Citadel colours =)
I have 6 Kasrkins and 7 guards completed... I have a Baneblade on hold for about a year now and I still have to make about 40 guardsmen and 1 Leman Russ. Considered that it takes about 1h and 30 mins for painting a single guard, I have quite a lot of work to do xD

Level 11
I will newer play TT. First: there isnt a club in my city ( I hurd there is in the capital city of my counthry but i dony live there...). Second: You have to make everything urself, and your stuck with default controls. HOW CAN I PLAY WITH DEFAULT CONTROLS!?!? XDXD

Level 11
Thos are controls. U have to use ur arms. And default controls. U have to throw dices. U cant throw something else XD

Level 11
Fallout 3 looks awsome. But my can cant run it. It can bearly run Spore and C&C3:Tiberium wars. Suprime Commander is also playable, but its so slow....

Fallout 3 doesnt look awesome. it IS awesome. played it sometime before christmas. my fingers got retarded from playing
its a bit small compared to oblivion though and not as many variety of enemies. but it is still awesome. the ending sucks thouh. no free play after ending.
spore was a disapointment for me. fell asleep during space age. the only worth while stage is cell and animal stage. for me anyway...

Level 11
Well Spore is good. Played it for 3 weeks. Space is boring, but I used cheat for moneu and it god much beater. You can do anything, wich is fun. I first allied grox, wich made all other empires attack me (so I get the badge), and then I destoryed grox. Ittook me 1 whole week playing6 hours a day. And only thx to planet busters.
About Fallout 3, my can cant run it, I'm sure of ir. Didn'teven hoped I will play it.

i read on newspaper that experts suspeact full on war, nuclear and eveything, in 20-30 years due to shortage of fossil fuel. so you wont have your quad core or anything of that equivalent.
...its gonna be just like fallout3 except for real and much much harder. if you could rate it from "very easy" to "very hard", it would be like "why bother trying, that super mutant will blow your f***ing head off" hard.

i used cheat after a while too. i dont use planet buster though. i screw up their atmosphere, with fire normally, and weaken their colony. then use city buster or something it was called. some sort of heavy bomb. not single use. you blow up their colony and plant your own.
i always get the animals before i screw the planet up so they dont go extinct.
i have one solar system as a animal santuary and put them up there. i am an animal lover^_^
i never got to destroy grox. only a dozen or so systems. you must be pro or something. my brother brought down a big monster in creature stage. he's crazy too.
whats in the centre of the universe anyway?

Level 16
And, two thing that sucks ass in Fallout 3. One, I always get stuck somewhere, i can't move, or jump. :S
Two, Everything, cars, comps, vehicles, everything is from the 50'th or something. It shud be in future, right?

And one moore thing, this will probably happend in real world too.
But i think that it will takes hundreds of years before mutants or some creatures starts to come and envolve. Mybe a rat or animal get's a extra leg or something first. but i woudn't count that as a mutant. And I live in Sweden, and we are quit neutral in world. So I feel myself quit safe here. And before something like that will happend, I think i will be dead.

Level 11
In the cemter of the galaxy is Galactic core. Its the end of game. You enter, there is some guy called steve talking, you get staff of life and location of earth. You can continue playing like in Oblivion.

Yeah its easy to kill the epic monster in creature stage. Just lure 2 of em to fight each other (use spit attack) and when 1 is killed attack the other 1. That other 1 will have about 100 hp or less. And you should have some rouges (creatures of med strength) in your team as well.

Planet buster is easy, it lets you kill theyr star sistems easy. U can aslo use mega bombs to kill colony without killing the echosistem but no need for creating your own colony. You can get to galactic core by using a wormhole, finde a wormhole that leads you near the center. Then just fly thor the enamy teritory. But be sure to bring lots of energy and medpacs with you, and to have Extreme health, extrmem energy upgraides, and to have mega auto blaster (only weapon that works in space).

Yeah, I'm pro, or crazy like you called me.

Anyway at Chernobil, animal life is running normaly even with radiation. Ifwe extinct ourselfs, there is hpe that life will continue to exist.

water, fossil fuel, what ever. my point is we are gonna be fighting over for natural resources. like 75% of earth is covered with water and we are running out of it. its ridiculous. currently in australia, people are arguing whether to recycle sewerage water for drinking. they are afraid the water will taste funny. the country is in a constant drought and they are scared that the water will taste funny? its recycled FFS!

@ warhunter. they are all in the sixties because that was the time of the cold war and the nuclear arms race and also the threat of communism.
phrases like "duck and cover" or concept of fallout shelter were really made during the cold war. for american people's morale mostly. if you see the posters and drawings, they resemble real posters made during the cold war. the robots like roborarian, protectron or idea of a house-keeping robot, they resemble sci-fi movie robots of that time.
also there are chinese stuff everywhere because it would seem the communists actually invaded just as feared and that started the war.
there are unlaunched nukes around the map because that was the idea of Mutually Assured Destruction. "you nuke me i nuke you back and we both die" idea. there is a place called fort constantine and you can launch the reserve nukes from there. the ground shakes a little but i dont know where the bombs go afterwards.
so you are right. it is in the future only that its like an alternative future where people went into a nuclear war about the 60's
too bad the map is only of america. i wonder what happened at other places.

Level 11
I was talking to drinking water, not just water.

Anyway at the end of WWII rusians outnombered american and british tanks 5:1, and were atleast same quvaliti. So Rushians could have crushed them. Only problem was nuclear bomb. If americans hadnt invented it they would have pen pulverized rigt away.

Status
Not open for further replies.