• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Oh right...
I thought u were talking about UT2003....
U have UT2007.... I cant describe my... my.... well its a bad fealing towards you

That game is not really that bad, considering also that is the only FPS in wh40k universe (and it will be still for long time, even including mods), is not good as Call of duty, but is decent, not like some unplayable games like Gods and Generals :p. A nice game which lets you experience the wh40k world from first person. Only thing that bothered me are low FPS (frames per second) or something like that, the thing that also appear when playing old games and gives me headache. I played this game against a friend, but only once, I was feeling dizzy when playing it. In single player seems I got used to.

Level 10
Never played UT2004 - Ballistic mod? With some modding, you can do that in UT3 too, plus the fact that UT3 modding is MUCH better than GoW's... just compare the forums =). Also, GoW's cover system isn't that original... I mean, the "lean" move has been already invented before.
BTW, back on topic, it seems that DOW 2 will have VERY small squads, not only in the campaign... a tactical space marines squad is made up by 3 men... what do you think?

Level 11
Well i like small squads. I like to lead a small and strong group of soldiers radher then a massive army. Easyer control fors starters and its just more fun. I belive that all squads will have 3 members but i think maybe tactical marines will have more members because they are the ones that take most punishment and are only versitile squad. Others are specialaized in some form of fighting.

Level 10
Well, I have nothing against small squads =)... also, smaller but more tactical battles were expected. The only thing I pointed out was that I didn't expect THAT smaller squads xD. Anyway, if you look at the Multiplayer trailer, you'll see that, in a Space Marines VS Eldar battle a tactical squad is actually composed by 3 members.
BTW, here are two videos about the DOW2 campaign I found...
Enjoy =)

Level 11
Well i like 3 member squads. Even in real life SAS squads are made up of 4 soldiers.
Nice movies. I found somewhere Eldar trailer move but i couldent finde it again to post a link :(

Level 13
Well the Space Marines are supposed to be (in both lore and Dawn of War 2) armies composed of very few units. Yeah a single Space Marine is supposed to be VERY powerful and this is represented in DoW 2 very well. Tyranids and Orks are still going to be a whole lot more plentiful in DoW 2 :p.

Level 10
If you look at the tabletop game a tactical squad is composed by 1 sargeant + 4 to 9 space marines... anyway, I like a 3 members squad too, also considering that the new DOW will be a lot more tactical, requiring much more micromanagement than the other. However, battles haven't lost their spectacularity, I think; by the contrary (besides the new engine), I find them even better =)

Level 11
Well i newer played table top game. I hate table top games. There is no options menu or save and load. And I'm stuck with the default controls.
Anyway micromanagment is speciality. And when the whoe game is micromanagment lolol. OWNED!!! HEADSHOT!!! And stuff...

Level 10
Well, I don't know... actually I find more interesting Space Marines which have more options in my opinion... Chaos units have a smaller heavy weapons and vehicles choice (which is what I look for). The VERY few times I played it I just couldn't go after "spam units, summon demons here". That's my point of view, of course =)

Level 10
I must admit, Tau seem a little overpowered to me. Where against other races I can choose from a good variety of tactics, against them I can only spam HW teams and basilisks and sometimes neither that is enough. I was once smashed by 3 Crysis battlesuits equipped with flamethrowers that killed my entire command squad, two small guardsmen squads and 4 HW teams (already deployed, of course); then they reached my base and destroyed my HQ in less than 15 seconds... that seems a little overpowered to me :p

Level 11
Well thats what u get for playing Imperial Guard. They suck. Theyare only good it mass infathry with tanks behide (Just like described in a manual wich u get with winter assauilt). U had to little troops. I mean they had flamethrowers, morale killers. And Guard is weak at morale. Just build Vendicare Assassin, send him in to enamy base, hide him and fire basilisks!!

Level 10
The problem is that I was not attacking. I always use my Vindicare Assassin as a spotter for Basilisks and I would have been happy if I had them... but I just had one basilisk, there (which was later destroyed by stealthsuits). The only good counter against Crysis suits are tier 3 priests, so you can at least heavily damage them before the invulerability lasts. And, BTW, Tau's flamethrowers are the only kind of that weapon in DOW that really earns that name... it's damage is about 400-500 AND it's a morale killer... normal flamers deal about 30-40 while Hellhounds deals about 60-80... :p

Level 11
Well ok, but flame throwers are killing morale but theyr dmg is low (exept Crysis). Anyway mass it up dude. Guard is based on mass infathry like orc. Just make sure when Crysis attack to seperate squads so that they attack only 1 squad (Sacrifises must be made!!) and kill it instead of all of em. I know its hard but hehe i belive ur pro. Oh and that 11 heavy weapons tank could be usefull... u can also build bunkers to protect infathry.
Every race has its weaknesses. U must hide em and use ur strengths on a large scale just like that guy or cpu that uses crysis.
If that doesnt work well u could stop playing with thos weaklings and take a stronger race like Tau, SM, Necron....

Level 10
Of course, I know what you're saying ^^
But, I repeat, I would have made LOTS of things that you're saying... I just didn't have the time, since I got rushed by their commander D:
Still, IGs are not weaklings, trust me ;) ... when IG, standing against Tau, can deploy 3 Basilisks, 7 HW teams and 1 Baneblade it just smashes everything, from vehicles to infantry; also, when fighting Necrons, try using lots of IGs with plasma and commisars... they're pretty good, trust me =)
BTW, one little question: complete IG squad VS complete Firewarriors squad... who wins (provided that their conditions are equal)?

Status
Not open for further replies.