• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Put yourself in the place of a tyranid. What would you prefer to eat:
a: A heavy armored Space Marine / Chaos Space Marine
b: Made completely out of metal Necron?
c: ...Orks? Do they look tasty at all?
d: Eldar's armor is made up of their "crystal" thingy. Imagine chewing glass D:
e: Nearly un-armored Imperial Guard?

Personally I would choose the "e"...
And I'm too lazy to add any other races that I missed.

Level 10
Tyranids like everything, anyway, they just look for "biomass" (I guess - and they can convert EVERYTHING in biomass) and, however, they can't think individually, they're all controlled by superior Tyranids which are controlled themselves by something like the hive mind...

Level 13
Hivemind, a psycho entity located in an unknown galaxy, is the mastermind of all tyranid activity.

Level 4
well...hi everyone!
i've been a little absent these times...and Im just writing this to tell ya that Im NOT DEAD!!
that s all....ROFLMAO!!!
PS: anything new about DoW II ? (Im not updated about any news...)

Level 10
Of course, balance is very important... but what about Space Marines (and also the chaos ones) with 4 heavy bolters? What about overpowered Land Raiders (and also other uber units)? There are also mistakes in the IG: the Heavy Weapons team should be as powerful as the Space Marines heavy bolter, while, in DOW, it's FAR more powerful... and expensive XD

Level 4
maybe space marines and chaos don't use as much numbers?
or because if someone is new at playing DOW then if they choose space marines or chaos so they don't get pwnd too fast?

Level 10
The fact is that in the original tabletop game, Space marines squads can carry only 1 special weapon (plasma, melta, flamer) and only 1 heavy weapon (heavy bolter, plasma cannon, rocket launcher and laser cannon); it's the same for the IG with the only difference that you need 2 guards for carrying a heavy weapon. Also, the Baneblade is a super-heavy vehicle and has 3 structure points, which means that you must succesfully hit it three times, instead of the only one you need for normal vehicles; there are also other differences: priests do not have the invulnerability ability in the TT game, the Basilisk AWLAYS shoots eartshaker rounds, chaos Horrors are anti-infantry and not anti-vehicle... I'm not saying that DOW is a bad game; instead, I say it's a beautiful one and I've played it a lot of times, but if you take a deep look and you compare it with the TT game, then, it's not the very same ;).

Level 4
but i think it's not right that in winter assult necrons got pwnd against IG and in dark crusade and soulstorm necrons pwn IG, but i think the creators of DoW had a good reason.

i think it was because it was just a scout invasion or something?
but still i think is was a little unfair.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Information on dow2
the Space Marines (represented by the Blood Ravens) , the Orks, the Eldar and the Tyranids are confirmed to be in Dawn of War II. Other races may or may not be revealed as more information becomes available,

and
Dawn of War II will feature a non-linear interplanetary campaign, playable as the Space Marines.Dow 2 will contain base building aswel but not in the campaign.

Level 13
"a: A heavy armored Space Marine / Chaos Space Marine
b: Made completely out of metal Necron?
c: ...Orks? Do they look tasty at all?
d: Eldar's armor is made up of their "crystal" thingy. Imagine chewing glass D:
e: Nearly un-armored Imperial Guard?"

a: Stronger biomass to be consumed.
b: Tyranids do not fight Necrons.
c: The Hive Mind does not care about taste, it is filled with eternal hunger.
d: Even Eldar have biomass.

Also Tyranids do not just eat the meat of their enemies, they devour the whole PLANET! They devour the atmosphere and every single drop of biomass, leaving the world a dead rock.

Also the Hive Mind is not a "psycho entity far far away", it's literally the brain of the Tyranids, it IS the Tyranids! Every Tyranid is a part of the Hive Mind's body. It is not a entity controlling a race, it is a big creature(The Hive Mind) moving it's body (the Tyranids)over the galaxy, devouring it.

Level 13
Tyranids do not get enough biomass from Necrons to be truly worth it. Most Tomb Worlds (contrary to what DoW might have shown us) are barren, dead rocks. Also the Necron weaponry completely vaporize biomass, making Tyranids lose more than they would gain. Now some speculate that it is still possible to get the lost biomass from the atmosphere (since it has vaporized it is in the air), but actually stripping the atmosphere is one of the last stages of a Tyranid Invasion and it only happens once all resistance has been crushed.

Level 13
I know alot about Warhammer 40,000 (except for the teeny tiny details of random races that are only told about in some ancient Black Library book).

Level 5
i used o know i website that supplyed warhammer models for wc3 it was quite good but i fink they where rips of mark of chaos or somin i dont like 40k though its dumb to play but yay so is the other warhammer

Level 13
Yes, but they don't fight eachother since there isn't much to be gained for either. From what I remember, the Energy/Life Essence harvested from Tyranids is not tasty enough for the C'tan compared to other living creatures, and the Tyranids do not gain enough Biomass from the Necrons to be worth it.

Thus, lorewise, they do not fight eachother.

But what if tyranids find necrons on the planet, they still can consume its biomass, but for this, they need to fight necrons, which of course want to eradicate all life (therefore biomass I think) from the planet.

And how fast the tyranids consume the biomass from the planet like Earth?

And regarding the starmap, where can be Kronus, Tartarus and Lorn from Dawn of War found?

Status
Not open for further replies.