• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40000 Dawn Of War 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Actually, the gods do refuse to work together unless they can gain something truly worthwile from it. The new Daemons of Chaos codex and army book just reduces the dislike that the gods share a little bit, just about allowing daemons of different gods to ally together. However the gods still have huge hatred towards eachother and will not work together unless the event is truly huge (Black Crusade in Warhammer 40,000 or an Everchosen in Fantasy).

Level 13
Or you can just not care about the lore and enjoy the game like me. :p
Oh yes let's just throw lore restrictions away from the game. The second aftet Relic would announce this Games Workshop would cut the deal and put the game to death. Games Workshop (and most of their fans) are incredibly strict about lore and bending it.

Level 22
err....what happened to chaos undivided?

my order:
Khorne
Khorne
Khorne
and Khorne

best chaos god ever.

warhammer lore can be vague though, ive never figured out what Standard Template Construct were, and they havent explained much of the time known as the Age of strife, and what kind of technologies were available during the Ages of Technology, and the 2 unknown space marine Legions that were for some reason expunged from imperial records.

Level 13
err....what happened to chaos undivided?

my order:
Khorne
Khorne
Khorne
and Khorne

best chaos god ever.

warhammer lore can be vague though, ive never figured out what Standard Template Construct were, and they havent explained much of the time known as the Age of strife, and what kind of technologies were available during the Ages of Technology, and the 2 unknown space marine Legions that were for some reason expunged from imperial records.
STCs (Standard Template Construct) were super computers given to human colonists. They gave instructions, or were able to make, all kinds of high tech stuff from almost anything that could be found in the surrounding area. Most STCs were destroyed/corrupted during the Great Crusade.

The Age of Strife was the time when human worlds were sp,it from eachother because of huge warp storms that could not be passed throught. Also during the Age of Strife Psykers began to be born on different planets.

Is it not quite clear what sort of technology was around the Dark Age of Technology. However there are some hints. One that is certain that there was highly advanced A.I from what I remember. Also some books like the Horus Heresy show really advanced laser weaponry and powerful armour for normal humans.

The 2 unknown legions are, as you can guess, completely unknown.

Level 22
yah, i had a wh40k frenzy when i first saw dow, and looked everything up. i know the emperor is supposedly born in anatolia, a real country in the world. entire baneblade battalions were readily available during the great crusade, and jet packs/plasma tech were not uncommon.

the empire banned all sorts of AI, even though the machine spirit is sorta of an AI, since there was a robot rebellion mentioned in the first of the horus heresy series.

i actually based my space marine chapter off of the unknown legion, i called it like Son's of the Emperor or something like that. painted em black and silver. and red. and som gold. cause im cool like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.