1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warhammer 40000 Dawn Of War 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by TheGodOfIron, Aug 11, 2008.

1. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know all the units do different damage and have different amounts of morale and HP... I know that, but they all have the same "kind" of units, not exactly the same but the same kind. The only race I can think of offhand that doesnt have a jumper *omfg I always forget the names lol* Is Necrons and Imperial guard I think. Each race should have there own kind of units, with different purposes, ones that would make them more unique. Btw if you look at sisters of battle, most of there buildings and such and there builders is just like the imperial guard, then its just throwing in a bunch of space marine stuff.

Also I wasn't being serious about 20 races lolz. Also I know a lot of the races has a bit of a different feel but not a whole lot that really makes them more unique and diverse. Only a couple races have this, Necrons as a example. If they added more units, and actual different kinds and way different fighting styles it would make the game better. but the more the races, the harder it is to make them all diverse and unique.
    Also I wasn't whining lol.

2. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    tl;dr to be honest.

I want to see all the races and units. Well almost. The overly gay units can be left out, and the really minor races like Sisters of Battle can be too, although I really liked a few of their units.

I'd say the new one should have more unique races, so like SM, Orc, Tyran, Eldar, and Nec. Then add the rest in expansions (you know they will want to make money off expansions, no way they'll put them all in one).

Honestly I'm just really glad Tyranids are in now! Hurray!

Edit: Punwisp, it's really hard to come up with more than a few styles of races. You have to make them within the bounds of the game. That's the reason they gave for Tyranids not being in the game. They said they couldn't see how the game mechanics could support the race properly. The races they have now are done perfectly. Tyranids and no more I say.

3. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea.
    Or even better:
    Forces of Chaos, either Forces of the Imperium or Space Marines &Imperial Guard (seprate), Orks, Eldar, and Tyranids. Nercrons, Dark Eldar, and Tau in expansion.

4. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to see Daemons of Chaos and Chaos Space Marines seperate. Also a Space Marines and Imperial Guards united does not make sense, even if they are on the same side. Both have a different view on the Emperor, the Space Marine seeing him as the Master of Mankind while the Imperial Guard see him as the ultimate God.

Also they are seperate armies fully ready to fight eachother, if they are provoked. Also the alot of Space Marines tend to look down upon the Imperial Guards, seeing them as inferior. Exceptions to this are less zealous Chapters like the Space Wolves.

But rather than adding Sister of Battle I would like to see Witch Hunters army or perhaps Inquisition army (having Ordo Malleus(Daemonhunters), Ordo Xenos(Alien Hunters) and Ordo Hereticus(Witch Hunters)). Also no more Grey Knights for the Space Marines, even if Ordo Malleus are not included in an expansion.

But from what I know, Dawn of War II will only have 4 races at start and the 4 races have already been confirmed. The most likely candinates for the first expansion are Imperial Guard and Chaos Space Marines.

5. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    So what are the 4? Orks, elders, space marines, tyranoids?

6. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, as I told you. Like Rites of war.

7. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't even know what Rites of war is, so I'm safe, it all looks new to me. :p

8. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds good to me

Btw rites of war is a pretty old turn based game, I would say its kinda like a board game style.

9. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Orks, Eldar, Space Marines and Tyranids.

10. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  12. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree. IG is the best race. Mechy lets play some more games together.

13. Childeric

Childeric

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What? No Chaos Space Marines!?!?! /wrist

14. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    They're speculated to be in the first expansion, perhaps alongside the IG.

15. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll miss IG and Tau, but I got Tyranids to hold me of till expansions. SM is always fun too, just too OP in the DoW1.

16. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    They weren't OP, they were about quality over quantity, and were quite advanced, and the most well known faction.

At one point I thought IM, SOB and SM were all the same faction and I was wondering "Why the fuck are they fighting each other"

17. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Watched that trailer + a few others. Completely blown me away, especially the gameplay ones.
    Initially I thought that SC2 would just >>> DoW2 by a mile, but now I'm not so sure :p

18. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    DoW2 looks so much better imo. Especially with the Tyranids now in it.

19. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Guess I mixed it up with XBOX LIVE . Where you have to pay ^^

20. Defender323

Defender323

Resources:
    Resources:
    i will buy this dont have 1 or any models but trailers and info just owns :D btw did you guys know theyre making a wh40k mmorpg?