• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version)

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
"The Twin Blades of Azzinoth are a pair of weapons wielded by Illidan Stormrage. Azzinoth was a doom guard commander whom Illidan slew 10,000 years ago. Illidan took Azzinoth's twin warglaives and trained himself to use them. He has become exceedingly efficient with the weapons."

~WoWWiki

This is the high-poly version with a hi-res texture by FrIkY. This model has 574(!) triangles, so I suggest to use this model ONLY in cinematic fights or RPG's in which the camera is very close to the unit. One thing you should be aware of is NOT to use this model in masses of 20-30, since it is so hi-poly for an attachment. You'd rather have 1-2 of those on the screen at the same time.

The portrait file is the right handed version.

HUGE CREDITS TO FRIKY FOR DOING THE AWESOME TEXTURE!

A lower resolution of the texture can be downloaded here.

Here is an awesome icon modified by FrIkY for this model(click to go to the download page):

Update - 7th September 2009: Completely redid the model, reducing the polycount from 785 to 574 and making it shade correctly(aka making it brighter). I also added a small glow to the model.

If you use this model, give me AND FrIkY credits. Do NOT redistribute this model in any way. I do not want to see it make it's way to sites like "Warcraft III Unlimited".

Keywords:
Illidan, Stormrage, Glaive, Glaives, Azzinoth, War, Warglaive, Warglaives, high poly, hi-poly, FrIkY, awesome custom texture.
Contents

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version) (Model)

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version) (Model)

Reviews
17:22, 7th Oct 2009 Pyritie: The texture on this is outstanding. 'Nuff said.

M

17:22, 7th Oct 2009
Pyritie: The texture on this is outstanding. 'Nuff said.

Level 15
*speechless*

worthy a DC perhaps?
it defenitely looks better thatn WoW one... especially for a WC3 model...

Level 34
Tau Empire, I can asure you that this is absolutley no WoW-export or CnP from WoW texture. Debode is a great modeler and he knows how to make models, and I made the texture, which you can clearly see here. Below you can see WoW texture of the Warglaive.

Attachments

• WarglaivePreviewLeft_WoWhead.PNG
    WarglaivePreviewLeft_WoWhead.PNG
    91.9 KB · Views: 20,964
Level 9
Definitely the best weapon model on the Hive right now. The dimensions and shape are stellar, and the texture, gorgeous. FrIkY, you've outdone yourself with the texture on this baby. debode, this is one of your best ever. You and FrIkY deserve a Director's Cut for this beautiful weapon attachment. I applaud this exotic work and all the effort that was put into this model. 5/5 Highly Recommended. +Rep to both of you, as well.

Level 5
5/5. Out of curiosity what other WoW items will you be making models for just the legendary ones or others?