• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version)

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
"The Twin Blades of Azzinoth are a pair of weapons wielded by Illidan Stormrage. Azzinoth was a doom guard commander whom Illidan slew 10,000 years ago. Illidan took Azzinoth's twin warglaives and trained himself to use them. He has become exceedingly efficient with the weapons."

~WoWWiki

This is the high-poly version with a hi-res texture by FrIkY. This model has 574(!) triangles, so I suggest to use this model ONLY in cinematic fights or RPG's in which the camera is very close to the unit. One thing you should be aware of is NOT to use this model in masses of 20-30, since it is so hi-poly for an attachment. You'd rather have 1-2 of those on the screen at the same time.

The portrait file is the right handed version.

HUGE CREDITS TO FRIKY FOR DOING THE AWESOME TEXTURE!

A lower resolution of the texture can be downloaded here.

Here is an awesome icon modified by FrIkY for this model(click to go to the download page):

Update - 7th September 2009: Completely redid the model, reducing the polycount from 785 to 574 and making it shade correctly(aka making it brighter). I also added a small glow to the model.

If you use this model, give me AND FrIkY credits. Do NOT redistribute this model in any way. I do not want to see it make it's way to sites like "Warcraft III Unlimited".

Keywords:
Illidan, Stormrage, Glaive, Glaives, Azzinoth, War, Warglaive, Warglaives, high poly, hi-poly, FrIkY, awesome custom texture.
Contents

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version) (Model)

Warglaive of Azzinoth (High-poly version) (Model)

Reviews
17:22, 7th Oct 2009 Pyritie: The texture on this is outstanding. 'Nuff said.
Level 2
Please someone help me, How i can change the weapon of the units?, for example put this weapon ''Warglaive of Azzinoth'' in a Hero....
Sorry for my english, I'm speak spanish XS

Level 34
So what does this have to do with debode's model?! It's a Warglaive of Azzinoth, it's not supossed to be wield with both hands... if Tenebrae's models use both hands, then it's his fault/problem. My advice, if you want to use Warglaive of Azzinoth model as a weapon attachment, then don't choose a unit that attacks with both hands. :pnewt:

um FrIkY, why are you getting so defensive?

im not demoting the model at all.
i simply said that it was too bad that it doesnt work for two handed units because i would want to use this is my map but because im already using Tenebrae's model, i can't.

Because i've already made everything else adaptable to Tenebrae's, im not going to change it.

you're goin crazy

um FrIkY, why are you getting so defensive?

im not demoting the model at all.
i simply said that it was too bad that it doesnt work for two handed units because i would want to use this is my map but because im already using Tenebrae's model, i can't.

Because i've already made everything else adaptable to Tenebrae's, im not going to change it.

you're goin crazy

i too support his opinion. >3 it's his skin on debode's model. to you it might not be something.. but to him it might be a taunt. >3

Level 12
Try this ...
  • Attache Warglavies of Azzinorth
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Illidan for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Last created unit) using WarglaivesOfAzzinoth_New_LeftHanded.mdx
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right hand of (Last created unit) using WarglaivesOfAzzinoth_New_LeftHanded_Portrait.mdx
100% Works

Level 1
guyz i need some help here althought i import the 3 files and i change the path WargaliveOfAzzinoth_HiRes_Texture.blp it still cant load inside my map can anyone help me ?

Level 16
Nice! its what i have been looking for :D, but too bad, i can't seem to use it on mac, as mac create shortcut names for a name thats too long, with many underscores, into a code only mac can understand..i hope you made the name shorter D:

Edit : Thanks a lot! that was quick! :D +REP

Level 3
Hey can Someone Please Make Me an Illidan (evil) no difference except for the old warglaives deleted and replaced with these ones that would be good thnx.
also if you could please reply to this to tell me if its done if somebody does it tyvm

Level 1
AWESOME!!! 5/5! one question though, when i attach them to illidans model i looks wierd cuz his normal blades r there too. im kinda new to this scene so any help will be greatly appriciated