• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wargale: Era of Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've just re-played version 0.99 and finally did all quest including ceasefire quests. I would like to make a few suggestions:

1. Please make spell hot-keys Q W E R from first to last (for all heroes).
2. Please make all potions in game stackable (not just health potions, I like to use blood potions) to 99, or if its too much work at least to 25.
3. Orc Arena is best place to make money fast so it would be nice to reduce cooldown time for opponents (I would like to fight Chaos Orc time and time again until a gain 30k gold)
4. Maybe add some very good (otherwise unattainable) item in Auction house.
5. Maybe add some Artifact item to be attainable by digging in hell

Now a few questions:

Are movement bonuses stackable?
Is it possible to finish gogeras quest by giving him live sacrifice? (I've tried bringing him "Ghost in the shell" xD)

...and for the end one bug.

When I attack a factions warriors and they chase me to house where you can ally with faction; when I ally myself they continue attacking me (the warriors that were aggroed before allying and there is no way to stop them without betraying the faction. Also if a start cinematic, they attack during cinematic until they kill me (It would be nice to pause time during cinematic).

If I remember something more I'll edit the post.
1. To be honest, that would take some time to do, although I can see how that would make the skills' hotkeys very easy to remember. Perhaps I will implement it some other time.
2. Nearly all items are stackable in 1.00...ironically enough, I think blood potions are one of the few items I DIDN'T make stackable. :ugly: I can easily change that, though.
3. There will be a downright-broken way to get gold in 1.00, so this would be a pointless change.
4. In 1.00, the auction's week-end items will be rarer and more useful.
5. No. Sorry. :bored:
6. Movement bonuses are not stackable. Auras are, though. So, Boots of the Bear + Crown of the lifegivers + Brave Aura would give you maximum speed bonus.
7. I thought about it, but I haven't implemented such a thing. Plotwise, Gogera has to use his own body anyway.
8. That sounds like something you have to go out of your way to do. It would be best to just not get into such a situation. I.e. kill the followers before joining the same faction again.
Also, time is not paused during cinematics - this is a design decision. If you're in trouble during a cinematic, then skip it. The few cinematics that are not skippable don't put you in any sort of danger, or otherwise make you invulnerable.

Anyway, GOOD NEWS everyone! 1.00's release is imminent! Just a few test runs on it and I will release it. :grin: I'll probably have it ready by tomorrow.

Level 3
Oh god, the new loading image didn't turn out nearly as good as I wanted. :eek:
It's too...colorful! :hohum:

BUT, I'd just be nitpicking at this point, I can make the image better next version.

Anyway, I tested the map on a protected version this time, and...oh boy, am I ever sorry to have used that "optimizer".
As it turns out, the optimizer does not like the "Pick every unit in (Unit Group) and do (Action) action, because it completely ignored triggers using said action.
THIS is why the harpies would not be removed in previous protected versions. :hohum:

Keeping this in mind, and since I made you guys wait SO long for this, I have decided that, as a bonus, I will release this version UNPROTECTED! Yes, you heard that right. UNPROTECTED! :grin:
Now if you find a glitch/oversight/something you don't like, you can fix it yourself! (Although please note that the map is humongous and loading the editor with it, as well as saving it WILL take massive amounts of time, at least on computers of my quality.) The only down-point to this unprotected version is that load times are a bit worse. :bored:

...oh, but the newest version is now 17.01MBs because of the new content, so you must download it here!

For the changelog, please check the front post!

Anyway, it's been a long ride, so I think I'm going to take a break from this map now. :pal:
I might release a version 1.1 eventually, since I still have "just" a few more things I'd like to add to the map.

Have fun! :cool:

Level 1
Just finished playing on hard mode, got the best ending. Version 1.0 (especially best ending) came up better than expected.

I haven't figured out how to get Wand of Wishes without cheat, but I'll save it for later play. Also I didn't like the fact that i had to give up Schorcer II in order to get best ending (it is unwishable by Wand of Wishes).

Potion stacking system reduces difficulty of play, but I think that is good because if someone wants to increase difficulty he can always refuse to use them.

Thanks for Unprotected version because when looking through the triggers I found out how to get best ending.

All in all, +rep.

WARNNING: SPOILER AHEAD

Also, spell for Holy Talisman (7sec immunity) does not work!

Last edited:
Level 3
I finished the game on .99 with every hero and now i get new content to experiment with. Whoopie! Whats the deal with shitty loading screen, though?

Also just now on .99 i once again got the bug where in cave of secrets the weapon gets stuck behind the 3 floating harpies. Since I already spent alot of time on this map, Id appreciate it if you would tell me how to do the cease-fire thing. And if you could dispense some of the more cleverly hid secrets and/or quests you think i may have missed, that'd be awesome. Another thing: the items that grant critical strike say that they dont stack, but thats not true. Multiple critical items do stack.

Something that really bothers me - Do magic damage reducing items reduce boss spells? More particularly the final bosses. And if yes, all of the spells or just some of them?

Also I'd like to run a poll on which hero did you have the easiest time finishing the game with?

Level 3
I finished the game on .99 with every hero and now i get new content to experiment with. Whoopie! Whats the deal with shitty loading screen, though?

Also just now on .99 i once again got the bug where in cave of secrets the weapon gets stuck behind the 3 floating harpies. Since I already spent alot of time on this map, Id appreciate it if you would tell me how to do the cease-fire thing. And if you could dispense some of the more cleverly hid secrets and/or quests you think i may have missed, that'd be awesome. Another thing: the items that grant critical strike say that they dont stack, but thats not true. Multiple critical items do stack.

Something that really bothers me - Do magic damage reducing items reduce boss spells? More particularly the final bosses. And if yes, all of the spells or just some of them?

Also I'd like to run a poll on which hero did you have the easiest time finishing the game with?
Concerning the bug with the harpies, that has been fully fixed with ver1.00.

The cease-fire missions are available once you complete every main quest from 2 opposing factions. One of the quest givers will then have the quest ready for you. Both factions must still be alive, obviously.

Blude for the Horde-Alliance Quest, Sirius for the Sentinels-Scourge one.

The items that grant criticals should'nt really stack. Maul attacks DO work in conjunction with them, however. That's what you must be thinking of.

(Maul attacks are basically bash+critical at the same time)

Most of the special bosses use GUI-powered skills which damage you physically, so magic-resistance will not work there. But they do use some simple magic damage skills anyway.

And yeah, shitty loading screen indeed. :goblin_boom: It'll probably be the first thing I'll change when I work up the time to update the map (Not anytime soon). You can remove it if you know how. (The map is unprotected now, after all.)

As for the poll, feel free to do one, but I don't think the map is getting all that much attention these days. Personally, my favorite Hero is Eril, but I wouldn't bet too much about her being my best hero.

Level 6
I think the biggest problem people are having with terrain is it's "flatness". Simply raising and lowering some areas to make it more natural and hilly really improves the look a lot, and it doesn't really effect the gameplay. Also shrubs are generally terrainers best friend, plant life and grasses can be put in under trees and around rocks and thick grass to give it that a forest is "living". Just trowing in some rocks with some shrubs around them can make a big difference too. Another thing I find underused is fog. Fog can really make terrain pop out, especially if you have a lot of doodads.

As you said, terrain isn't that big a of a deal for you and those images are old, but I just wanted to throw out a few tips, that may or may not help.

Good luck with your map and I hope some of this helps!

Level 3
The items that grant criticals should'nt really stack. Maul attacks DO work in conjunction with them, however. That's what you must be thinking of.

(Maul attacks are basically bash+critical at the same time)

Blude's scorcher sword and blude scorcher2 stacked. The critical rate i saw seemed to fit the added percent, and i saw double critical's happen - when both critical's damage scores show up and the same time and you get a mish-mash of numbers.

I also tested Druid's bash with 4x 15% bash and 2x 12%bash items, totaling to 114% bash, and although it did bash alot, it was not every hit.

Does the druid's bash stack with boots of the bear one?

Level 3
Blude's scorcher sword and blude scorcher2 stacked. The critical rate i saw seemed to fit the added percent, and i saw double critical's happen - when both critical's damage scores show up and the same time and you get a mish-mash of numbers.

I also tested Druid's bash with 4x 15% bash and 2x 12%bash items, totaling to 114% bash, and although it did bash alot, it was not every hit.

Does the druid's bash stack with boots of the bear one?
Double criticals is the critical skill and the maul skill happening at the same time.

Scorcher 2 has both "Scorch" (10% Critical x3) and "Maul level 2" (10% bash+crit x3), so it alone can do double criticals. I actually think that Scorcher 2 overrides Scorcher almost completely, besides the 25% AS boost.

I'm not too sure if Grizzwald's bash skill can stack with item bash, but it can stack with maul attacks. Grizzwald has a slow attack speed to counter balance his high stun rate, but with proper item set-up he can make a joke out of nearly all bosses.

By the way, I may have worded a few things wrong: Item skills don't stack, they just work in conjunction, unless they are the same, in which case the better version of the skill overrides all others.

The "Maul" skill is special because it is essentially bash and critical at the same time, yet counts as a different skill all together.

So if you have, say, an item with bash-3 capabilities (15% chance of bashing) with another with Maul-1 abilities (8% chance of bashing),
you don't get 23% bash, you get 2 different calculations of 15% and 8%, meaning you can get neither, one at a time, or both at the same time, as opposed to both at once (or not).

I hope that wasn't worded too awkwardly.

Level 3
To get the best ending do i need to have the 4 demons weapons in my inventory?

And completing all quest lines is very hard, because Sentinels get totaled way too easy. And the alliance shortly follows. And where can I get clues about wishing thing?

Last edited:
Level 3
To get the best ending do i need to have the 4 demons weapons in my inventory?

And completing all quest lines is very hard, because Sentinels get totaled way too easy. And the alliance shortly follows. And where can I get clues about wishing thing?
Technically, you need the Unholy Talisman, which will form automatically by having the 4 Devil Weapons in your inventory.

Getting the best ending is supposed to be hard. A tip: Kill the faction heroes 3 times each. Without heroes, every faction is basically equal in strength, giving you ample time to complete all their quests, and you're home free once you complete the cease-fire quests.

For wishing, do you mean how to get the item?
Gogera gives you a free wand in easy mode as his 4th quest reward.
For normal and hard, a very rare enemy (Magic Demon)drops the wand 3% of the time. Unless you intentionally farm for one, you shouldn't expect to get a WoW every game you play.

A horse might also be spawned with a Wand of Wishing, too. The chances of this happening are well below 1%, however.

Hope this helps.

Level 3
Hindsight: giving up on Scorcher 2 is not something im willing to do for the best ending, so Im gona just see the ending once, and if i do any runs again, I wont be shooting for that

Status
Not open for further replies.