• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Warfare" - a team orientated map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everyone! my map is in the "advanced beta" stage and you can already download it <placehodler>!
I'm adding many new features at the moment. If they're ready, i will show them here.

-06/25/08-

uploaded new beta (1.1c)

I will add screenies and explanations to the new systems tomorrow.

-06/23/08-

later this evening i will show you the bank system! Screenies inc ;)

-06/22/08-

uploaded beta (1.0a)

-06/20/08-

Had some problems with the Bonus system, but found a very promising system which will hpefully fix all bugs & problems ;)
After that I will upload my map here!

-06/19/08-

today i'm gonna work on some bugs. I hope i can fix them fast ;) If those are fixed, I think i can upload the map here :p - done

yay :) works fine!

-06/17/08-

took a week to rework it. I made it ;) I had a great idea this morning and it works :D

Well atually the idea was stolen a bit from the map "zergischer erbfolgekrieg" where buildings change its owner if they have 1/4 of theyr max. life.
I had to add 2 Teams to this system and this seemed to be a bit bugy first, but now everytihng works perfectly.

-06/09/08-

have to rework the Controllpoint system totally. Will take 1-2 days...

-06/09/08-
fixed a lot of bugs

-06/08/08-

Added all unit descriptions!

-06/08/08- ~18:00

Completed the Multiboard. It contains:
•Balance Level
•Teamscore

-06/08/08- 16:30

I completed the "Balancing" system! It works perfectly now.

-06/07/08-

I added the Rocketman (orcish) and added a new model for the human medic. I had to edit the skin, because the red crosses were missing. You can see the (crappy) result at thumbnails :D
fixed a LOT of bugs with vars and the leaderboard.

I think in a few days a first Alpha will come out. I won't upload it here either because I want to test it with friends first.

NEWS

BETA IS ONLINE! v.1.1c

The "Balancing" system

I made the so called "Balancing" system which will balance the game easily.
so it works:

I have triggered it with an easy arithmetic.
It subtracts the score of Team1 with the Score of Team2.
For example:
Team1 has a score of 7 (controlls 7 CP's)
Team2 has a score of 3 (controlls 3 CP's)

then it will subtract: 7-3=4
The result is 4, so Team2 will get a level 4 Bonus! So Team2 is stronger and is able to attack some controllpoints, till they have (for example) 6 controllpoints (short:CP)
Then:
Team1's score:4
Team2's score:6

4 - 6 =(-2) -> Level 2 Bonus for Team1!

So if there is a negative result, Team1 will get a bonus and if theres a positive result, team1 will get a bonus.
If the result is 0 (for example if Team1 has 10 CP's and Team2 0 CP's), then a trigger will check how many points Team1 has and give Team2 a bonus or not.

It's a simple system, but it works :)

Gameplay

The gameplay is quite simple. You have to attack controllpoints and hold them. If you controll all points, (10 atm) you are able to enter the enemies base and destroy their mainpoint. But: If you controll more points than the enemies team, their units will get stronger. So you have to play as a team to win!

Balance & Teamplay:

- teamplay will be important
- look at "Bonus" system
- The leaving problem i will solve with this little trick: If someone leaves, you will be able to use "his" food (your food capacity will get higher) and your units get a (dmg, armor, mov.) bonus again. So i hope i can solve this problem every team orientated map has...

The units

there are 5 types of units at the moment. Both teams have the same units.

Basic units:

Soldier(normal damage, fast attack speed(melee), normal movement speed)
Sniper(high damage, slow attack speed, normal movement speed)

Heavy units:

Rocketman (high damage, slow attack speed, normal movement speed) mines
Tank (high damage, slow attack speed, slow movement speed)

Support units:

Medic (low damage, normal attack speed, normal movement speed) heal
Drone (no damage, very fast movement speed) invisible

Ideas & things to come:

REWORK Bonus system - done
REWORK CP SYSTEM - done at 09-17/06/08
new unit: the "rocketman" - strong against tanks, weak against sniper & soldier - done at 07/06
Leaver system - to come
Bonus system - done at 08/06
Multiboard - done at 08/06

Attachments

• Warfare-übersicht.jpg
    Warfare-übersicht.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • Warfare Beta v 1.1c protected.w3x
    937.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Level 7
glad you like it :D
erm a backstory?^^ well... they don't like each other xD

At the moment I'm implementing the Bonus/Malus system and the leaver system. I also have some graphic bugs in there (everything turns black i think its because of the custom models don't know why exactly) which I have to fix. After that I will balance everything. And THEN I will add tooltips and make Credits and so on...

So in a week I will be able to start an open Beta, I think! Again, if you want to join, PM me.

Level 15
Modern sniper teams are made of two soldiers: the sniper and the spotter. It takes a LONG ASS time since the spotter needs to give the sniper coordinates on where the target is. There are semi-automatic sniper rifles I know of, but they don't shoot that fast. It all depends on the speed of the sniper team.

Level 7
lol the unit is called SNIPER because he has got a rifle :D its not realistic, guys :D please tell me something about my idea and not about snipers...

Level 7
thx both of you. Well i could rename him to MG man :D then it would be better for you?^^

Level 13
Modern sniper teams are made of two soldiers: the sniper and the spotter. It takes a LONG ASS time since the spotter needs to give the sniper coordinates on where the target is. There are semi-automatic sniper rifles I know of, but they don't shoot that fast. It all depends on the speed of the sniper team.

Yeah. It's because most sniper shots these days take place almost a mile away from their target.

But you could use Cavman's sniper team model? Idk.

Level 7
-edit: i cant use it... :( When there are tons uf units, it will looks too weird if theres a double team like the mortar team :/ sry :p i will look for sth else

Level 7
y a story like that will be enough :D
thankyou :p at the moment i have some problems with the CP system which i cant solve because i have no idea how to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.