• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warfare 2149 v3.3

Reactions: GIANT_CRAB
Game Overview
A game based on the flash games Warfare 1917 and Warfare 1944 by Armor Games. The basic concept of this map is a single-lane tug-of-war struggle between a east and west military base. Both bases consist of teams (up to 3 players per team) allowing for 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 matches.

Players are given Supply Points over periodic timers that they may spend on upgrades or unit squads. Upgrades allow new squads to be spawned or improve existing squads. Unit details are listed when you hover over them, in detail. Players use trenches to move their units across the field, with a total of 4 trenches on the map - each adding 5 Supply Points per interval if a team owns the trench. Vehicles, an air unit, and a heavy mech may be unlocked as ultimate units to push through the battlefield. Note: Upgrades require atleast 1 Research Point, which are given every 180 seconds, or may be researched at the Upgrade center (preventing any upgrades for the duration) to award 1 point. (just play the map to understand it :p)

Additionally, players have a support tower that allows abilities such as a UAV-type spell to get vision of the map as well as an artillery strike. Two abilities were removed from the game for balance purposes and have "Not Implemented" as a requirement.

Overall, the game is just a total factory for chaos with a full 3v3 setup. Tanks, lots of troopers, air support, mechs, tiers of upgrades to explore, just have fun with it.

Technical details

• Coding is all GUI.

• Loading screen made in GIMP.

• Made in late 2008 or early 2009 (forget) but left in dusty folder to begin new projects.

• Approximately 35 games played to balance units, as well as input from clan games.

People and Players and Groups to receive recognition (for the truthsayers)

• Marine skin - IcyCoolDude and Myself

• Tank model - Illidan(Evil)X

• Rifleman model/sniper - qassamzed

• Artillery model - Kofi_Banan

• PUMA model (buggy) and Gunship model - anarchianbedlam

• Artillery spell, Aerial Recon' spell - rabid.weinerdog

• Armor Games - General concept (Warfare 1917 & 1944)

• Con Artists - Armor Games developer of Warfare 1917 & 1944

Ingame Information

Known Bug:
(Rare) - Tanks will randomly head back 1 trench, has been seen once or twice in test matches but have not found solution. Simple bug that can be overpassed by an in-game ability. This bug would only delay release for ages to come.

Feel free to PM me bugs or solutions that I can add as quickfixes (not planning on dedicating myself to this project)

Possible Quirk:
- A Save/Load/Achievement system (incomplete one) was removed before submission, and I am 99% positive all traces of it are gone. However, if I missed something, please tell.

Misc. Information
Map is open resource, please do not COPY or REPRODUCE without my approval, but feel free to open as a LEARNING TOOL if you are new to basic mapping etc etc, or if you want to critique the heck out of it, go ahead. I find the map fun, and so did my clan, it's worth giving it a shot with friends.

3.1 - Decreased supply interval from 60 seconds to 30 seconds, and changed base supply gain from 5 to 10.
3.1b - Fixed author thing to display both forum name and Bnet username.
3.2 - Greatly reduced spawn times on all units in general (Infantry 6 seconds, Light Assault 10 seconds, Tank 20 seconds, Air Support 30 seconds, Mech 30 seconds).
3.2b - Removed rematch feature due to upgrade bugs.
3.3 - Some rebalancing: Infantry squad now spawns four units instead of six; marines now do 3-4 damage instead of 4-5 damage; decreased attack interval of anti-air missiles; increased Gunship health from 335 to 1500 (it was pretty much worthless) and it now serves as a single-use support unit (ignores trench control); Juggernaught damage increased from 10-10 to 30-30; fixed ordering of units on the command bar; fixed artillery range for players not closest to their first trench.
162343-albums4110-picture38667.jpg

162343-albums4110-picture38664.jpg

162343-albums4110-picture38665.jpg

162343-albums4110-picture38666.jpg

Keywords:
Tug, Tug of War, Modern, Warfare, 2149, AoS, Offense, Defense, Shooter, Mini-Game, No Heroes, Future, Futuristic, War, Civilization, Research, Upgrade
Contents

Warfare 2149 v3.3 (Map)

Reviews
09:05, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 7
Here's a list of BB Codes to help you make the description look nicer.
Also, prove that you own this map, or have the author's permission to upload it here.

Level 12
Gonna test this.

Edit: hahaha!!! this is god damned funny. I'm quite stupid not to read instructions.

-Good stuffs
-Fun
-Description
-Leak-less

-Bad stuffs
-Upgrades can't be degraded

Overall - Excellent map.
4/5 - Remove the restart.
Voting for Approval.

Level 9
Talking about BB codes... you could get screenshots. You know, upload them to album in your profile, then use BB codes to show all screenshots here. Easy, isn't it?
To hide some long, bororing text like changelong, you can use
tags.

Ah I apologize. I completely spaced my mind of screenies.

When I get home tonight I'll add them a.s.a.p

What do you mean by 'degrade'? Refund them if they don't end up working?
Edit - Oh the restart mode. Ah I forgot that even existed. I'll remove it.
2nd Edit - Thanks for mentioning the restart system. Also removed some of the messy save functions within the rematch trigger that I had missed before, to reduce some random lag that might have been caused by such functions.

Last edited:
Level 12
Ah I apologize. I completely spaced my mind of screenies.

When I get home tonight I'll add them a.s.a.p

What do you mean by 'degrade'? Refund them if they don't end up working?
Edit - Oh the restart mode. Ah I forgot that even existed. I'll remove it.
2nd Edit - Thanks for mentioning the restart system. Also removed some of the messy save functions within the rematch trigger that I had missed before, to reduce some random lag that might have been caused by such functions.

Better get working on it :goblin_good_job: lol, i sounded very bossy, :D

Level 7
Hai! This looks freaking awesome, i loved the games this is suposedly based on (i notice the name is basicly both numbers stuck together, smartass) imma try to get my friends to host this now.!
Edit: facepalm! you didn't stick dems numbers together!
this is a great map, didn't get to play it with anyone but i can see the epicness, whats the point of the trenches (apart from to stop charging troops)?

Level 9
Hai! This looks freaking awesome, i loved the games this is suposedly based on (i notice the name is basicly both numbers stuck together, smartass) imma try to get my friends to host this now.!
Edit: facepalm! you didn't stick dems numbers together!
this is a great map, didn't get to play it with anyone but i can see the epicness, whats the point of the trenches (apart from to stop charging troops)?

The trenches are gathering points, duh. It's based off of the original flash games anyways :p

Level 3
u should change the models of the tanks , and maybe the soldiers...it doesnt look similar from warfare 1944.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Impressive. Ta-dah!

No seriously, its good. D/ling and testing now

Level 3
Nice game kinda sad that the first comments were by tards that think its okay to prey on a "bad description" or whats with that guy that says its confusing to know who made the map. REALLY? +rep to xeno.

Level 4
i love the original flash game and this game. however i wish you had more control over the units. maybe i couldnt figure it out, but is there any way to make the snipers stay back one trench but have everyone else move? i give it a 4/5 :D (also more units would always be great)

Last edited:
Level 4
Cool map, its realy fun. But the terrain doesent looks that good. I know, I know, its more about the gameplay and not realy about the terrain but I think if you just change some things in the terrain, and mabye also some models, it would look much nicer. Anyway great game.
PS: the Warfare-Games and all other games from Con are soo awesome!! :D