• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warden Terraining Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hey!
I'm on the lookout for a terrainer for my Project.
You can look at general pictures of the project here, to get the general feel and theme of the game.
Basically, I've used a minimum of imported doodads, and stuck to a Warcrafty terrain, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Here's pictures of the concept for the map I need a terrain for.
outlandfirstlook2-png.266289

firstlookingame-png.266287

Special flaoting islands, fortresses, goblin and dranei villages and a prison are a few things that should be added.
Someone up for some terraining? :)

Level 26
Thanks! :D
Agreed that the big island could have some more rock underneath.

I used alphatile and experimented with the other ouland tile borders to make the edges non-linear.
I imported a model for the sky, that relocates to the players location, to make it look like the sky in the background is still, even the the terrain is moving. It is at -800 depth, so that it won't collide with hanging doodads.

Level 28
By looking at those I don't really think you need any help with terraining, it looks magnificent!

For me I think it is enough for you to keep the base idea and maybe add some flavours to it: ruined architecture, natural rock formations, terrain height difference between regions etc). You can also add small unwalkable islands floating in the background or giving the impression they're far below (playing with size and reducing color saturation). Keep up the good work! =D

Level 26
Thanks! :)
I agree it looks pretty good, but I find terraining so booooring. :D (At times)
Additionally, I've seen what others have done in their terrains, which is really awesome. However, I Think I will handle this myself, althoguh I would still appreciate help with it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.