• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Ward Cast Earthquake

Level 7
I'm trying to make an ability that produces brief earthquakes in an area, so I currently have a trigger that commands a ward unit (created via trigger) at the center of the area to cast earthquake on a random point within the area every so often:

• Events
    • Time - Every 1.5 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • SetPt = (Position of MeteorWard) offset by (Random real number between 0.0 and 450.0) toward (Random Angle) degrees
    • Unit - Order MeteorWard to Orc Far Seer - Earthquake TmpPt
I'm not sure why, but it seems not to be doing anything. I added floating text to show where the MeteorWard is, as well as the random points, and they show up as expected. I used a different spell, and it seems to work. Any ideas how to fix this?

Level 25
I just tried to do the same by giving a modified earthquake to Shadow Hunter's Serpent Ward and then running this trigger:
  • Test
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Serpent Ward (Level 1) 0000 <gen> to Orc Far Seer - Earthquake (Position of Farm 0003 <gen>)
This worked as intended, so I believe you have some other issue apart from the trigger.
  • Give the earthquake to some basic unit like Footman - can he cast it?
  • Ward unit is incorrectly set up (maybe it has turning rate and tries to slowly turn to various random points every 1.5 second?)
Try testing this the same way I did - instead of a trigger that fires every 1.5s, try to run this once by skipping cinematic

Level 7
I finally got a chance to go back and find what my issue was. The "Pt" vs "TmpPt" was a typo here, but funny enough, the actual issue was essentially the same, mixing up which ward I was giving the ability to ("MeteorWard" vs "MeteorWard2"). Thank you, both!