• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing the channel on Earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm wotking on a map where one of the heroes, a Shaman, has the Flamestrike and Earthquake abilities. The idea is that the Shaman can first cast Earthquake to slow down enemy units in an area and then cast Flamestrike afterwards to damage them, making it easier because the units are slowed.

The problem is that Earthquake requires the caster to stand still, and any other action will stop the effect of the spell.

Is there any way to remove the channel, so that the unit can do other actions while the effect persists?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Is there any way to remove the channel, so that the unit can do other actions while the effect persists?
No you cannot remove channel from spells.

You can however have a dummy cast the earthquake for the shaman. You could use silence as a base spell.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are some standard abilities that act as AoE targetable slows. Blizzard has some slow capabilities (hard coded?). Drunken Haze is a targetable slow with AoE but will also proc breath of fire DoT. The dragonhawk rader Cloud ability applies slow in an area, but might also disable ranged attacks.

Level 11
There are some standard abilities that act as AoE targetable slows. Blizzard has some slow capabilities (hard coded?). Drunken Haze is a targetable slow with AoE but will also proc breath of fire DoT. The dragonhawk rader Cloud ability applies slow in an area, but might also disable ranged attacks.

You can modify the cloud ability to just slow down the attacks and speed of units, without disabling ranged attacks, I'm sure of that.

If you want earthquake without the channel you would have to set up a dummy unit to direct the spell.

Level 2
No you cannot remove channel from spells.

You can however have a dummy cast the earthquake for the shaman. You could use silence as a base spell.

The dragonhawk rader Cloud ability applies slow in an area, but might also disable ranged attacks.

You can modify the cloud ability to just slow down the attacks and speed of units, without disabling ranged attacks, I'm sure of that.

If you want earthquake without the channel you would have to set up a dummy unit to direct the spell.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give 'em a go, though I'll have to learn more about dummy units first, haha.

Level 11
Modify either statis trap or healing ward abilities to create a dummy unit (Ward, in this case) ....give the ward the earthquake ability, and create a trigger which causes the ward to use the ability....that's essentially it...

Status
Not open for further replies.