• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

warcraft world rpg (durotar)

what do you think of this map?

• it looks awesome!

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • looks pretty good

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • hhmm, It aint good

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • dude, dafuq!? your map sucks!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all, and thank you for coming to my page :goblin_good_job:
I'm a huge fan of WOW and most of the other rpg's out there. So, you might've seen it coming, I decided to make my own map. It's a lot like wow and i'm trying to make the world as adventurous and magicly as possible. I have completed a small demo. I think it shows the sphere i tried to create pretty well. Anyway i hope you like it.:goblin_boom:

Gameplay:
There is only 1 race, for multiple races take more memory and it's gonna be a big map even without them.
-you start as a troll novice in the echo isles. You will do a quest line wich brings you to the mythical troll staging area where you will choose a class and learn about the game

-the camera's a little bit problematic, i got some issues with it...
-You level by doing quests, killing monsters etc.

-There are dungeons for groups of 3 players, and i'm planning to make 3 or 5 player raids in additional maps.(edit: the map will contain a 5 man raid to, in wich you battle zul'jin)

-it's a big world with more to do then just fighting

-there will be a pvp area, just not sure where/how yet...

edit: well, thanks for the support! here is some more info about the map:
the story is still a bit messy, but short version is this: you're a troll and you got to help your people and protect them from zul'jin, the main boss. he appears in 1 dungeon and 1 raid, where you will defeat him once and for all. in the meantime you also help the orcs with various problems.

the 6 classes are:
-warrior (i know it's cliché, but i like troll warriors...)
-hunter
-voodomancer
-priest
-rogue
-shaman

there are gonna be wow-like items, just cuz i think they're good.
i'd like to upload more screenshots, but their filesize is to big, soz guys :goblin_cry:

btw, i need some troll models for the characters, anybody knows where to get them?

edit: I've updated the demo map with the completed intro, but you can only pick the warrior though cuz all other classes are still under construction. And i really need a good troll model...

edit: I've uploaded a new demo with quest chain into The Crossroads and from there to rockspire. You can only pick the warrior class though

edit: I'm making a jungle area and want to show you how it's getting along. The new demo contains a gm as character to test the jungle. Also, Any ideas for the jungle are welcome as i don't have much inspiration atm. And i really need a better troll model...

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090312_150622_04.tga
    5 MB · Views: 220
  • WC3ScrnShot_090312_150500_03.tga
    5 MB · Views: 136
  • WC3ScrnShot_090312_150311_02.tga
    5 MB · Views: 113
  • WC3ScrnShot_090312_145929_01.tga
    5 MB · Views: 119
  • warcraft world rpg (durotar).w3x
    5.7 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Level 3
You have some nice idea on the terrain, but it is a bit messsy,

Hhmm, Thnx for the tip:goblin_good_job: but could you describe what you think is messy, caus I made the jungle/orc encampments messy on purpose cause they aren't known for their symmetrie or taking care of the terrain.
and gz on being the first to comment:goblin_yeah:

Level 3
So the game can only hold up to 3 or more players?

No, the triggers on this map indeed make it look like there's only 3 players, but I'm gonna change that as soon as i'm gonna make a actual playable demo. But now i simply think the rest is more important cuz i'm the only one on it..

Level 3
well, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this map, and i have other things to do, so i'm allowing anyone who wants to use my map and continue it himself. all i want is some credit for the bit i did XD

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

You shouldn't give up just because people don't post comments. If you expect some serious feedback you need a far better description of what will be included, more than 1 screenshot, a backstory and possibly the heroes/items.

Level 3
well, i'm glad to see people are interested!:goblin_good_job:
you guys convinced me to work on this map again. i'm open to any ideas for dungeons, systems etc. and also on how to make it less messy, cuz i don't know how :goblin_sleep:
i've edited the description with more info, more screenshots and A NEW DEMO!
now, time is money friend :goblin_boom:

Level 3
One question. Will it be full of quests or the player will have more time spending on exploring the environment and its misteries?!?
there won't be THAT much quests, and the landscape will have some mysterious features like treasures and hidden area's. there will be enough to explore :D. and btw, all (except the into quests) quests are optional, you can also level through killing or exploring and finding rare items.

Level 3
I got a problem with the troll model. the chest and head attachement points are facked up so i can't let them equip armor, anyone knows hot to change the attachement points on a model?

Level 3
hey guys, a little question: Am i allowed to use wow-models in my map? because i want to use some weapon models i found. They're pretty awesome and low file-size so it'd be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.