• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I hope that will not be done as movie, that more like, trailer of diablos new expansion. I think, in that way. It is really stupid to see taurens in movie, at least I think. Anyway I hope that they dont lie this time.

The reason the WarCraft movie wasn't made last time was because the previous director refused to give Blizzard Entertainment controll over the movie script. Now however they have already decided a date to start filming and they've revealed to us two of the actors in the film, one of them has the role of Varian Wrynn. So regarding what we're going to see we do not know to much other than that Varian is going to be in it.

Level 22
Purge, yeah, i agree with you..
I hope that will not be done as movie, that more like, trailer of diablos new expansion. I think, in that way. It is really stupid to see taurens in movie, at least I think. Anyway I hope that they dont lie this time.
why? i guess it'll looks cool to see Taurens in movie, well i hope they make them similiar to warcraft's
sometimes the game and the movie has a same character with different appearance
tbh, i hate that

Level 3
I think its cool that they decided to make a movie, however I would rather see a Warcraft TV show, I think it would be alot better as well as able to do so much more than a movie ever could

Level 24
Still, i guess movie is much better..
But i hoping for serial movie

I think it will be like when Disney made Pirates of the Carribean they will first test the water with one film and if it's succesfull they will try to milk everything they can out of it.

Level 24
Well we now know that Paula Patton is negotiating for one of the lead roles in the movie and we also know that Colin Farell is going to be in it.

Level 2
I know its abit late but I recently read something about a series of movies in the making, by a group of fan in the UK. If what I read is right, they planned to start from the very beginning, before the first war.

Level 24
The WarCraft movie was originally planned to come out on 18/12/2015 but has now been pushed to 11/3/2016.

They finished shooting. But that doesn't mean a whole lot. Nowadays post-production ends up being 70% or so of the work.

Anyway, they have a neat little pic:
warcraft+movie+empire+mag.jpg

Which looks like the throne room, presumably for Stormwind.

I have pretty high expectations. I really hope it will turn out well.

P.S. Did you know Duncan Jones is David Bowie's son? I literally just found that out yesterday.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What's wrong with the old title style, lol. That looks 100 times less Warcraft than it..

Level 7
There's probably an in-universe explanation for that, Kwaliti. It could have something to do with the Doomhammer prophecy; or with the orc race's alliance/affinity with wolves.

Let's not write off the movie just yet, not just because out-of-universe someone designed the Doomhammer to be instantly recognizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.