• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I want to make a guide for player which want to know more of playing with all of the races - human orc undead and elf.
Since we have on the site pretty big number of players so we can actually built a guide if we ask everyone to give a bit of the puzzle.
So feel free to say everything about strategy / specific unit types or questions related to winning warcraft on bnet and tours.

I found out that it is a good idea to built and use the reveal of human arcane towers in order to reveal the map when blademaster is using his wind walk, why? since the only mobile reveal unit of human is extreamly weak - the gyrocopter, and everyone know that towers are extreamly hard to be destroyed.
Therefore I concluded:

Wind Walk Cunter?
Reveal from TOWER!

Level 10
It is called the Night Elf Camp, my friend.
Step 1: Build a force capable of holding off early attacks, with heroes from the Tavern instead of pathetic squshies that he Night Elves have.
Step 2: Build a wall of Moon Wells, autocasting Heal.
Step 3: Camp the hell out of that position until your resources collapse and you die horribly.
Fun times, fun times...

Dust of Appearance is better, sorry.

It's also cheaper and can be used away from your base.

+ It can be used more early.
+ it cost much much cheaper
- Your hero must be nearby a shop.
- 2 uses for it instead of unlimited.

Tower cost 20 lumber +30 gold + lumber 60 + gold 80.
Total of 80 lumber and 90 gold and a lot of time for unlimited use.
Dust cost 75.
Total of 75 gold for 2 uses.

You must agree with him :D

Level 22
Here is one guide done by me in ... 2008 wow, I thought it's earlier. It's a relic, cause I've buried that dead forum and this guide still exists.

http://www.battleforums.com/forums/warcraft-guides/131015-battle-net-solo-general-guide.html

But this doesnt have all I learnt later, for instance: Human vs Human on Terenas stand use 2 units to engage the right merc camp on the map and take a Troll Priest, in the mean time creep the left merc camp with militia and get a priest from there too, you leave your opponent without early priests, attack him, you ggfiy him later get the troll berserker.

Or with Blademaster on EI - windwalk on the creeps guarding the marketplace, easily creep the ogre mage. Other units can't reach you.

Few weeks ago I played some war3 ladder & zotac to remember what it was like to play war3. Heck because I didn't care about losing I was more aggressive and did even better than ever, my 1st games since 8 months ago :D

Last edited:
Level 15
+ It can be used more early.
+ it cost much much cheaper
- Your hero must be nearby a shop.
- 2 uses for it instead of unlimited.

Tower cost 20 lumber +30 gold + lumber 60 + gold 80.
Total of 80 lumber and 90 gold and a lot of time for unlimited use.
Dust cost 75.
Total of 75 gold for 2 uses.

You must agree with him :D

Sentry costs money, plus you have to pay for Arcrane Sanctum and for T2 just to get it.

On the other hand, Dust is 75 gold for 2 uses. Likely, the Blademaster will wind walk with low hp and you can finish him. Unless you just suck and didn't get Storm Bolt.

Level 17
To counter Blademaster, it is more professional to use Dust of Appearance.
It's quicker, cheaper and costs about 75 gold.
Whereas towers or other buildings fully upgraded are time-consuming and take up more resources.
Sorry buddy, but real league professionals go for Dust first.
:vw_unimpressed:
The lumber is slow to get compared to gold and can be used for better things like GETTING UNITS and BUILDING.

And my favourite combo is Human and Orc.
Humans are effective at building quick armies to give Orcs enough time to put up the muscle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.