• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
What is Warcraft Party?
Warcraft Party is a Mini game map similar to Uther Party and Mario Party.

What Makes this Project Different?
For awhile I've had a goal in mind. To create a popular team project open to whoever wishes to participate. This goal has been rather difficult to acheive and I've taken a couple stabs at it. Now I'm taking a new stab at a team project and I think this time it will be successful.

There are different things that might define a team project. A team project could be where two people pass back and forth a map they're working on together. Or maybe a team project is where a couple of triggerers are selected to join the map team as well as a few modellers, terrainers, or whatever to acheieve the final goal.

This team project is a bit different from those kinds I've described above. This is my idea of a team project.

1. Open to absolutely everyone with forum access.
2. Everything is voted on. Most of the map aspects are decided on upon by not one person, but as a team. This means all mini games are proposed and are rated on by everyone with forum access. Well rated ideas are then made into mini games.
2. Every single mini game is open to download.

How is this team project going to work?
So far I've described what I want in a team project. This is how the project will work.

1. Propose an idea: All mini game ideas are proposed and can be proposed by anyone. Mini game ideas are rated by anyone who has forum access. Ideas that are rated well are moved onto the next step.

2. Perfecting an Idea: Even well rated mini games can't always make it to the final step. They need to be perfected. This means the concept of the mini game is developped so that the maximum amount of people are satisfied that the idea cannot be improved.

3. Creating the Mini game: This is my favorite part about this project. When the concept is completed and most people are satisfied by it then it moves onto this step. Firstly the creation of the mini game is completely open to everyone that wishes to participate. All trigger work, terrain work, sound, debugging, and even finding models is done by whoever wishes to participate in the mini game project. How this process works is that periodically a dedicated team posts a list of things that needs to be done for the map. Members of the forums can then download the current version of the map. Members then edit the map however they want to. When they are finished editing they can post their edited version of the map on the forums and they have to explain what they changed and how does this complete the set goals from above. The dedicated team then looks through all the changes, organizes them, and compiles them together for the next version of the map. The whole process is repeated until the mini game is done. This is done for every mini game.

That's what I have so far. Work has started onhttp://clanbom.net and if you would like to help us join the forums and go to http://clanbom.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=13 Tell me what you think in the mean time.

Below is a picture of how all mini games will start off as. The picture beside it is a picture of an unpollished mini game that could be in Warcraft Party, but probably won't. The mini game is a snake game and it will support up to 10 players like all of Warcraft Party's mini games. The mini game it features is called snake and the object of the game is to move your snake around using wsad. If you crash into walls or other snakes you lose, and if you're the last one standing you win. The game includes gems which spawn randomly around the map which have different effects on yours and other snakes. That's just one example of the 20 or so mini games that will be in Warcraft Party's first version.

Attachments

• Warcraft Party.jpg
    Warcraft Party.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 198
  • snake picture.jpg
    snake picture.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Level 2
I think if you've read through it carefully you would have realized this was a new map and it's a bit early for some screenies. I'll post some soon though.

Level 2
Sorry for the lack of screenshots at the moment. More will come when the map starts to progress.

Level 2
Well, the idea does depend on a lot of people contributing. I apreciate any help from anyone, so even if you just rate mini game ideas suggested by other forum members that would be great. Remember to visit our forums since that's the place to post ideas and contribute to mini games :).

Level 9
Hey. Funny to see you around here too.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, I thought you already had quite a few minigames already done. Circa a few months ago. So now you are starting from scratch and making it open source?

Level 2
I think I learned about these forums from fate actually :).

Also, using my old unpolished mini games would kind of defeat the purpose of the project >.<. Anyways I only did a lot of work on a few of them.

Level 12
I really like this IDea...
I think you should call it The Hive Mini Game Map instead and put a custom model for every person who makes a minigame in it...

THis could turn out great

Status
Not open for further replies.