• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft III - Wrath of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
193191-albums5062-picture51191.png

Warcraft III - Wrath of the Damned

Features:
Campaign contains a custom storyline based on the WarCraft lore which picks up after the events from the Frozen Throne.
Features a total of 23 missions plus additional cinematics.
Custom models, icons, skins, UI's and hopefully dialogue, will be used to make this a worthwhile campaign and game-play experience.

Playable Races:

• The Undead Scourge
  • The Human Alliance
  • The Blood Elves & Naga
  • The Burning Legion
  • The Forsaken
  • The Orcish Horde
Characters:

• Arthas/Ner'Zhul (Undead Scourge)
  • Anub'Arak (Nerubians, Undead Scourge)
  • Arak'Tomb (Nerubians, Undead Scourge)
  • Kel'Thuzad (Undead Scourge)
  • Illidan Stormrage (Night Elves, Naga)
  • Prince Kael'Thas Sunstrider (Blood Elves)
  • Lady Vajsh (Naga)
  • Alleria Windrunner (Blood Elves)
  • Jaina Proudmoore (Human Alliance)
  • Kil'Jaeden (The Burning Legion) (UNPLAYABLE)
  • Mephistroth (The Burning Legion)
  • Sylvanas Windrunner (The Forsaken)
  • Varimathras (The Forsaken, The Burning Legion)
  • Thrall (The Orcish Horde)
  • Rexxar (The Orcish Horde)
  • Rokhan (The Orcish Horde)
Campaign development started today at 12:35 PM.
Estimated time until completion: 2 months.
Please check for further updates and feel free to ask any questions.
Anyone that wishes to contribute to this campaign just leave me a PM.

Level 17
It's going to take a while...I might do the entire campaign out of two parts so that I at least have something to show and see how it's received. And to be clear when I said cinematics I meant normal campaign cinematics not like movies or Arthas fighting Illidan king of movie.

Level 19
Instead of discouraging him, wouldn't it be better to encourage him instead guys?
I for one, think it's quite possible, as long as he has support from people:)
Good luck!

Level 24
Can I ask why is Alleria siding with Illidan? She should either be siding with the human alliance or the blood elves Quel'Thalas but never ever would Alleria side with Keal'thas. Also isn't Keal'Thas a servant of the burning legion? And how come that the humans only have 1 hero? Since you've already brought in Alleria and Sylvanas why dont take Veréesa Windrunner and we will have the entire family. And also if the burning legion is in this shouldn't you use Sargeras? And also it could be fun to see the flights and maybe even a aspect and since this is about the time that C'Thun sent his minons rampaging on Azeroth it would be fun to see Qiraji vs Nerubians.

Level 17
Can I ask why is Alleria siding with Illidan? She should either be siding with the human alliance or the blood elves Quel'Thalas but never ever would Alleria side with Keal'thas. Also isn't Keal'Thas a servant of the burning legion? And how come that the humans only have 1 hero? Since you've already brought in Alleria and Sylvanas why dont take Veréesa Windrunner and we will have the entire family. And also if the burning legion is in this shouldn't you use Sargeras? And also it could be fun to see the flights and maybe even a aspect and since this is about the time that C'Thun sent his minons rampaging on Azeroth it would be fun to see Qiraji vs Nerubians.
Well first of this is a CUSTOM storyline which happens right after Arthas becomes the Lich King and it's not based on WOW lore..Next, since Kael'thas is not in league with the burning legion Alleria would gladly join him especially since he and Illidan are masters of Outland and her ticket home...The humans have only 1 hero Jaina because she and her forces are all that's left of Lordaeron except her father but I hate that bastard; Uther dead, the Silver Hand decimated, Dalaran ruined with Antonidas dead and Quel;thalas destroyed and The Alliance will in some point ally with the blood elves again ;)...as for Veréesa Windrunner she might appear I'll think about what role I could give her...As for Sargeras I can't use him and won't because his physical body was destroyed and only his soul remained wandering throughout the Twisting Nether...as for the rest it's my campaign and I will do as I will...

Level 18
we really need this to be completed, why? because you in this mod could add hundreds of new skins/models/textures etc that could help other maps get a lower size.
and also adding new campaign + new melee maps this sure would give wc3 a
at least 1 year more of awesome usage . and if it becomes popular maybe 2 years :D
-----------------------------------
edited because i would like to add that her father died in wc3 and not wow so basically you're right in not adding him.

also if you stop to hear every fucking comment your project will end like other wc3 mods (never completed).
i know u guys want to help but it doesn't really help by starting stupid lore discusions in the project page just to make him read hundreds of pages and still after months he is reading what some faggots still are arguing of..

make it how you like it. just don't revive characters unless they're actually revivable and you could use Blaine since cairne is really old in wc3 and blaine actually also appeared in wc3..

Level 16
you in this mod could add hundreds of new skins/models/textures etc

Actually he's the member of my AoS team and he's doing a pretty good job at making iconsets for my heroes <3 I'm also helping him when needed with coding - even tho' I'm not as popular as he is, I'm experienced at vJASS and coding, so I'd say I can do what he asks from me.

Also, if you want to know about my project (in which team Chucky is a member), check out this thread. It's a little bit outdated, but I'll update it with tons of things propably next week.

Level 17
I'll be sure to check it out !!! :))) just a little joke there :))...Anyway I can't give any screenies cause at this point of development it's still pointless...Actually I found out to be more time consuming than originally thought but I'll still go on and finish it cause if I don't do this I feel like I'm gonna die :D...

Level 18
if i can i would like to be beta/alpha tester when it comes out.
i will help with everything i can.
------------
i was trying to do one but i saw it was actually a lot of damn work and i'm no that good in triggers and you already got some people behind you so i will Help you instead.
------------
here are the stuff / tutorials i found while searching today. :
Animated Loading Screens:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/animated-loading-screens-22954/ (this thing could completely redone warcraft 3 i mean if you do an awesome Custom Loading screen (like warcraft ones) but animated The mod will be awesome.
Custom Background:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...reating-your-own-warcraft-3-background-51075/ actually this
Ui was just to show you how you can modify the Ui and how you can also modify stuff such like logo and others..

Custom Ui
I Remember i saw once a tutorial explaining Everything On how to change stuff in the Mpq but now i can't seem to find it maybe a mod deleted it i don't actually know..

this Ui is awesome for the human Race: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/humanuitile01-blp-184651/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=30 there is a place that does dissapear when you use it you need to open and save again in the blp lab so it will work.

also you can use the Undead Ui that is in the wc3 styler (open with Mpq master the Ui.mpq inside the wc3 styler folder). and you will be able to get all the Uis there.
-----------------------------
i recomend you only using WoWs Trees and Ground Texture because models will lag wc3 if you use them alot.

Level 7
Clan HoA is a clan of war3 RTS games that hover very closely to war3 lore.

I am excited about this map just because it could be an interval between III and IV. Once it is finished i will play it, show it to my clan, and we might try and base RTS on it. If we like it well enough, we might add events to AW or DaoW :)

course since it is not offical, no promises. But do you mind? If your campaign is good enough, it might bring a spark into a lot of lore maps.

Level 17
Last edited:
Was that sarcasm I sense ? I think 2 months is more than enough to finish the campaign and I'm working solo as well.

Seriously. A year is needed for 23 maps + cinematics, trust me. Unless you plan not to sleep and being at comp for the whole period. But if you do a quarter of it and put it as entry of campaign contest, you surely have my vote.

Anyway, what will be gameplay like? Like wc3 campaigns, a RPG, more massive battles (like mathias chronicles) or something totally different?

Level 17
Well that was the plan cause I have a LOT of free time right now...:))))) but you're right, I see that now, there's no way I'm gonna finish this campaign all by myself in time to be played considering War3 isn't dead yet...I figure I'd better quit while I'm ahead

Level 35
what an odd reaction to a dose of reality

23 maps + cinematics? in 2 months? not very likely, if you can do that then power to you, but i can't help but feel that either the quality will be subpar or it will be eating into your time, meaning you didn't do a LOT of important things (like sleeping and eating and working)

Level 3
Nice good looking so far but from a few posts up I'd say looks like this thread is gonna be dead, well nice effort anyways =)

Status
Not open for further replies.