• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III NOT reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Anyone still preferring the original Warcraft III? I plan to make a new custom map but if everyone is playing Reforged, means that map would go to waste. Or it isn't? Sorry I have stayed out of Warcraft III and hiveworkshop for a very long time, so I am not sure how reforge will 'sabotage' current maps and models

Reforged 3 is just a worst version split from the original, lots still play Warcraft 3. You'll have to apply a little bit of effort and find where everyone is which is gameranger, iccup, rgc, eurobattle, ents still around however they're soon to disappear, radmin, Netease, irina. Not sure what else has survived still, might be able to find better posts about this on reddit and maybe somewhere on here/hive? Seems gameranger might be the best if you don't have a startup group to follow you and want randoms to join whenever.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So does that mean it is okay/safe to create traditional warcraft III custom maps?
People still do it. Depends on your type of map. If it's a multiplayer one, attention would need to go to the bigger audience playing custom games online. If it's for solo, usually not that many people play them anyway as can be seen with custom campaigns. But there still is an audience.

What about your burning map? Aren't you going to finish that one?

Level 11
Hmm. I am never good at multiplayer.

My burning map? My entire imported skins go haywire and im still fixing it. That's why I had the intention of asking if anyone still plays pre-Reforged. Else I would just ditch the project and save my time.

Well, at the meantime I am creating a smaller map to revisit triggering skills. I have forgotten so many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.