• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - MultiRace Template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Warcraft 3 will die sooner or later, so I decided to publish the sources of my code that can add new races. I pulled this code from my other project and optimized it. Replays and multiplayer work. Anyone have an idea how to add a scroll to the race selection menu?
GitHub
1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png6.png

That's a lot like the "MultiRace Template" made for Nirvana mod, isn't it? It looks like yours shows on the Loading Screen, though, so you are doing it better than Nirvana, maybe?

This kind of template is one of the options I want to add and is one of the reasons I am trying to rewrite an open source replica of the entire game. That way, adding races will be as easy as it should be. But I guess until I am finished, maybe what you have here and Nirvana will be the only way :O

Level 3
Are you able to translate the GitHub contents into English by chance? I'd really like to try and get this working on 1.30.

Sorry if this is a necrobump and a half, but i'm interested in seeing this garner the light of day.

Are you able to translate the GitHub contents into English by chance? I'd really like to try and get this working on 1.30.

Sorry if this is a necrobump and a half, but i'm interested in seeing this garner the light of day.

This works by modifying game.dll which was merged into the executable in 1.29. The 1.30 exe is also obfuscated and has some tamper protections, so it's not as simple as finding the new offsets and updating them.

You can achieve similar functionality in any version by abusing handicaps and editing some game files. It's also possible in Reforged by editing the webui.

Last edited:
Level 3
This works by modifying game.dll which was merged into the executable in 1.29. The 1.30 exe is also obfuscated and has some tamper protections, so it's not as simple as finding the new offsets and updating them.

You can achieve similar functionality in any version by abusing handicaps and editing some game files. It's also possible in Reforged by editing the webui.

That's unfortunate for my use, I don't know why Blizzard would be so protective of a 17 year old game.

In the meantime i've taken the game file editing route, and i'm unsure how to properly make new races added via playerslot.fdf selectable. I've added sections to common.j and blizzard.j for the new races (including starting unit references), with the DEMON race slot reused and another added, but cannot be fully selected for some reason. But at least I got them to show up. Do you have any ideas on how I could go about making them properly selectable or should I just make a thread for this, since nobody seems to be using 1.30 for modding as I am currently?

Level 4
That's a lot like the "MultiRace Template" made for Nirvana mod, isn't it? It looks like yours shows on the Loading Screen, though, so you are doing it better than Nirvana, maybe?

This kind of template is one of the options I want to add and is one of the reasons I am trying to rewrite an open source replica of the entire game. That way, adding races will be as easy as it should be. But I guess until I am finished, maybe what you have here and Nirvana will be the only way :O

Nope ^^. This's race system from MME (MM Engine (Version 2.0.0 Dev)). There are many bugs and crutches in Nirvana. In my case, all the code is made for the standard race system.

MM Engine: Ev3nt/MM-Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.