• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JassNewGenPack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I have multiple questions about JNGP2:

Is it somehow possible to start tests of the map with an optimized version using Vexorian's optimizer?
I have seen the documentation on the official website which states that you can add custom menu entries but not exactly how they work. I'd like to optimize my map automatically (of course save it under a different path) and test the optimized version with all the features of JNGP (load MPQ, custom multiplayer). The loading would be much faster.

Why does war3err not work anymore and is there any chance of getting it to work again?
I guess some memory addresses changed after Warcraft's patches. I found this:
W3Grimoire / Code / [r311] /source/war3err.h
W3Grimoire / Code / [r311] /source/war3err.cpp

I guess values like "JassOpLimitPatchMask" do not work anymore. war3err was quite useful for a very big codebase to find OpLimit and division errors etc.
Is there any chance of getting it to work again? Maybe by finding the new memory addresses?

How to load custom MPQ archives on testing?
I've uncommented "grim.injectdll(proc,"bin\\loadmpq.dll")" in "war3.conf.lua". My "loadmpq.lua" file contains:
"loadmpq(15, "E:\\Projekte\\TPoF.mpq")" at the end of the file. The custom MPQ is loaded successfully for the World Editor but not for the game on testing the map or starting the multiplayer emulation. Why?

Does this have something to do with the injected DLLs? Does the "bin\\ongameload.dll" simply not work with the loadmpq.dll?

Status
Not open for further replies.