• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jassnewgenpack: Triggers not working anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi,
Not sure if i'm posting in the right place but...
I was working on a map (writing stuff in a non active trigger actually) with newgenpack when i wanted to test the map for something else. So, when i clicked on test War3 started loading the map but just before it completed loading it crashed with the usual error "memory couldn't be on read etc...", then, after several attempts to discover what happened, i decided to make a copy of the map, delete all the Jass and vJass stuff, and open it with the normal world editor.
This time the map loaded, but no trigger was working (most of the map i'm working at is in GUI, there were just 3 triggers in Jass and 1 in vJass). I checked the triggers with the normal world editor, and they were still there, just not working wthen he map is loaded...
Now, what could've caused the problem? (the vJass script already existed, though it was disabled, the only thing i added was a library in the "Custom Script" part of the trigger editor) how can i fix that? In a Fast and Painless way if possible :)

Level 7
That's not the problem because:

1. I knew that already (i'm working on this map since almost a year right now, with some pauses during exams periods, and i use newgen since 6 months)

2. I've made a copy of the map and deleted vJass/Jass triggers and still there's no working trigger in the map, not even GUI ones, i can see them on the trigger editor but they don't work in the game.

Something screwed up things, and i really have no clue what i could've done to do that :cry:

Level 7
Try disabling war3err or even "Start war3 with Grimoire"

when i open it through the normal World editor, the map loads but no trigger works (though they are visible on the map editor). The problem is not war3 or Newgenpack itself, but the fact Newgen screwed up this map in some way i don't understand and i want to fix it (that's why i said maybe i wrote in the wrong section).
Maybe it would be easier if i post the maps so you can see the error by yourself

EDIT:

So, i ran the map with newgen disabling war3err and Start war3 with Grimoire. Atm i have 2 maps, one with vJass triggers (disabled) and a copy of that map without. If i run thoose maps with war3err and Grimoire they don't work, if i run without, they start but no trigger works (not even GUI ones)

Level 7
Reviving this thread and posting the map, hoping to get some help (sorry for double posting, but had to revive the thread)

Download the map and try to run it (either with or without Newgen)

Anyways, i'm posting the map as it is, with models and stuff (credits for models are temporarily in the scripts comments). This is a big map i'm working on since so many months, and i really felt so bad when scripts got screwed up :cry: i really hope to get some help

Attachments

• prova.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Level 7
with this sort of problem i'd recommend pming blinkboy

Will do...but before doing that i tried something else and that's the result:

EDIT: just today i was thinking what else i could've done other than writing Vjass code, and i reminded i made 2 global arrays. Tried deleting them and the map works again!
I made several tests and it went out that i cannot make more arrays...is there any limit to the number of variables you can do in a map? I have (with the working map) 79 variables and 3 arrays, at least global ones. If i make other variables it's all fine, but as soon as i make an array, triggers stop working...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.