• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with JassNewGenPack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello everyone,
My problem is a little weird and senseless: I downloaded JassNewGenPack from wc3campaigns, it worked normally, until for some unknown reason, one day when I was saving my map (or when I was testing it), it crashed! I couldn't believe it because it is known that JassNewGenPack replaces WE sintax checker with PJass, thus preventing it from crashing if some code is wrong.

I was trying to find out why did it crash for no reason, then I discovered that for some reason, I didn't have NewGenPack features anymore (so there was nothing after "help" bar), so I suppose that WE sintax checker was on again and when it saw vJass.......well what else would happen, it crashed. What's more weird, when I saved it and when it crashed and when I opened it again, it saved the code I changed! That seems impossible because it crashed when the process was "Validating script" (maybe this is important for solving the problem!)

If you want details on crashing, this is what happened: It picked a line from the map header (perfectly good), displays it as a "expected a name" error, and then it crashes (it always displays the same line). If you want to know what line it displayed, it was this one:

JASS:
local real r = GetAttachedReal(t, "r") + GetAttachedReal(t, "dr")

This is from KaTTaNa's FadeUnitVertexColor function: http://wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=1993

Probably no one has any idea why this senseless thing happened, but I would be really happy if someone helps me, I'll give him a thousand +reps!! I really love vJass and I can't live without it, so if anyone has ANY idea.........

Level 9
The Script yr talking about uses handle vars not attachable vars. And maybe you don't have CSCache in your map either. Is CSCache in front (well in vJASS) is the CSCache trigger before the trigger or not? Typing the function in the map's header might not make it work as well. Thts an part or guess of y it isn't workin.

-Av3n

Level 13
Yes, both of your suggestions (I have tried re-uploading and I have CSCache)

But I found why it crashed, it's maybe a useful information......but I think bnet screws it up......I just replaced cracks with the same ones and it worked

But thanks for trying to help :)

Level 13
Oh, I didn't know that, so if I move it outside my wc3 directory, I won't have to replace the crack every time I want to open my editor? (because that's what I have to do all the time) In other words, it will work normally?

Status
Not open for further replies.