• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JassNewGenPack Viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
Hi,
i downloaded the jassnewgenpack for scripting in vjass but when i decompressed it my norton antivirus poped up witht he message that the data contains viruses of type Suspicious.ADH,l and it deletes the files w3jdebug.exe, japi.dll and pipe.dll. Is this only because it hacks the we or is there any viruses in it?

Level 18
Mister zir, as frmo my experience, now there are fake antiviruses, if you download from internet,(or buy from unofficial a web) especially norton, my brother searched from the internet, a thread said that norton anvitirus has a FAKE version the fake version cause things to go malfunction, like, a non-infected program, has been scanned, but norton says it is infected,.

the thread says like this, dun blame me kay, i read a thread (not hive)

Level 12
^^ Acually NewGen injects the needed info in to WE files for it to run properly, much like a virus operates. Techniclly, it is a virus, but its designed to target only the WE files it needs.

To install it, just temp disable you Anti-Vir, decompresse bla bla, add everything to the safe list, and enable it again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Norton is not a fake, it is a listed antivirus program and a fully legal company. Mind you I do not think it is that good of one. There however are a lot of spoof antivirus ones, and whenever you get a pop up of an AV, close all browser windows imediatly as some of them will look like your own AV to try and fool you into giving permisions over stuff through your AV to kill your PC.

JNGP uses grimorie, which basically injects code into WE after it starts up which looks like a worm. Thus it classes it as a trojen because it is a dilevery system for the worm. This however is entirly intentional as that is how the thing works without breaking the terms of use agreement much. It only modifies WE and in such a way to enhance it, it does not touch any system processes or modify other files but those in the JNGP folder.

Level 7
Mister zir, as frmo my experience, now there are fake antiviruses, if you download from internet,(or buy from unofficial a web) especially norton, my brother searched from the internet, a thread said that norton anvitirus has a FAKE version the fake version cause things to go malfunction, like, a non-infected program, has been scanned, but norton says it is infected,.

the thread says like this, dun blame me kay, i read a thread (not hive)

Correction, the anti-virus doesn't like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.