• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

remove that false virus detection of Jass New Gen.

Level 17
The inFamous japi.dll and w3jdebug.exe has always haunted our virus scanners every time we do our maps... Now, some simple steps will stop that false virus detection. I am using AntiVir of Avira which I find the most reliable anti-virus I have found by myself. Now, I will show you how to stop false virus detections of Jass New Gen...

Difficulty: Easy
Time Cost: 1 minute minimum
Importance: With Jass New Gen it is!
Danger: Unless you exempt a virus, it is practically safe...
Tool: AntiVir Avira Anti-Virus

So lets start with these...

Now, again, with the use of AntiVir Avira, I've detected some pretty useless detections

1stng1.jpg

2ndua3.jpg

Now, you have two options... Delete it and cope with "Cannot find japi.dll" error when starting up world editor, remove your anti-virus and prepare to buy a new computer or put it in exemptions... (Which isn't displayed as an option in this window)

If you choose exempt it... Your in the right path...

3rdes3.jpg

Open up your anti-virus and look for Configurations or Options... Whatever fits best...

4thvg0.jpg

Open your configurations/options only to find limited options... Now, to change that, press Expert Mode (Just for today)

5thtz3.jpg

Now, you see those two? The words that says Exemption is what your looking for... Now, the next step...

6thcj2.jpg

Find the words that would say "Hey, you need to exempt some files when scanning for viruses? Click ADD! or Find!

For me, it says Files objects to be omitted for the scanner...

7thwt6.jpg

Add those two files after looking for them... Take note that these files are exempted only when scanning, but not when your going to open the World Editor or when you take a look in the Bin folder...

To exempt them when opening the world editor or when you take a look in the Bin folder... Just look for "Guard" which means that it scans as you manipulate, use, look at the files and folders...

8thba1.jpg

Its the same as the previous step only that it won't give you immediate false virus warnings when you open the world editor or when you take a look in the Bin folder...

9thzy2xt1.jpg

Now, that bitchy but helpful anti-virus of yours will now work less retardedly than before... Rejoice! We have stopped the bitching around!

Take note that it only exempts the exact files... If your gonna get a new version of Jass New Gen, please do the same steps again because those are different files from before...

Thanks for reading... Hope I helped you...

(+rep?)

Sister link

Last edited: