• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Virus (unrelated to previous) - false positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Okay, so this happened about recently, I was only online on the new chat (only in the new chat, not on any other place on THW. I did not see anything like a link or something weird going on in the chat at the time either.), when the AVG resident shield notified that a threat was blocked. Now, keep in mind that I have never experienced any virus or conflict issues here before, so I thought I might as well report it.

If anyone knows (like Ralle or Hakeem) what this Exploit Javascript Document Write Loop is trying to do, feel free to explain to me. I found nothing on google (and AVG's database is crap).

False positive or not? I would like to know.
Oh and yeah, the threat's file name is 91.100.6.230, as seen in the picture, and googled it... yeah, it is the ip address to THW :V

Thanks in advance

Edit: oh and yeah, it is considered a threat, not a virus I guess. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• possiblethreat.png
    possiblethreat.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 150
Level 13
It's probaly because you use Mozilla? Never happended to me on Chrome nor on internet explorer

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
AVs have to be agressive as some smart humans are such asses and make the most harmless thing harmful to you. In this case however it is totally harmless and only your AV seems to be doing it as kaspersky does not flag it up.

Looking at the aleart it did not like the infinite loop ralle uses to update chat and thinks its some worm trying to imbed itself into your computer memory.

Level 22
It's probaly because you use Mozilla? Never happended to me on Chrome nor on internet explorer

Firefox got a firewall and several other protection systems, so it's not that. Most likely just AVG reacting to the loop which updates the chat "Document Write Loop". I don't get this on Norton either.

Status
Not open for further replies.