• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

virus script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
i was not sure where to post this, but i would like to know if anyone else encountered this problem and what i can do.
since today morning my antivir reports a found virus every time i open the hive, its only this site, the code is

HTML/crypted.GEN

anyone know if this is something to worry about or how to fix it?

Level 25
my firewall reports that he blocked something any time i visit my Cpanel or my profile and other links sometimes

it may be some ad or something :/

Attachments

• firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 213
Level 7
Idk about that but after i downloaded this one map on wc3 in a game room the host is like, the next 10 games you'll be dropped out from a virus or some code within the map i downloaded and was like w/e and the next 10 games or so i was and was like wow lol.

Level 8
I'ma take note that in the screenshot with the anti-virus going berserk, the ad is never loaded.

Plus, the linked thread has something along the lines of "An advertisement is doing it".

Also, that blocked gif you had up there, skrab? That's one of Py's dragon eggs that was blocked. Dunno why that one would combust.

Short news: Check for any malicious ads, Ralle.

Level 1
I've got the same problem (the virus warning) when I open hiveworkshop without adblock plus :fp: so the virus script must be somewhere in the ads

hum well Ralle i can't open your link .. and i have to tell you the virus crypts problem.. is new...

i'm a member of the Hive since a couples of months and its only in the last 2 weeks or 3, that this virus alert have shown... and i repeat.. it only does it when i'm on the hive..so i could simply, low my virus dectection but!... still!... i don't get it!, why it's something new! that cause the virus warning..

Level 5
This is what Avira Antivirus has to say on the matter (taken off their website): HTML/Crypted.Gen - Malware.
Description:
To avoid detection by antivirus software, authors of HTML malware use browser features like Java and VisualBasic Script. These scripts are small and very often quite simple encryption routines hiding the malicious parts of the script. Encrypted malware is detected as HTML/Crypted.Gen.

Hope this helps answer some questions. If not that's what it is. Click here for the link to Avira's website. Also here is a helpful forum I found on the matter. !HERE!

*Done editing, Hope that last forum helps you, it looks like the problem might be Firefox, have you tried a new browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.