• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey me and a friend have spent alot of time working on a map (several months) and before I put it out, I'd like to get protection on it.

I followed the guide at
http://www.3ice.hu/blog/protect-warcraft-maps/#mpq

The optimizer did nothing sadly, even after checking every box. Following the tutorial to the letter, the map could still be opened without the slightest troublem.

So I decided for the other method listed by the tutorial. I got the WinMPQ program and the file mentioned (war3map.wtg), but I'm not sure what to do after that? Does anyone have any experience with this? Or perhaps an alternate method for me to secure my map?

It's up for beta testing next weekend, and after all the work we put into it, I do not want it stolen or for someone to edit it and ruin/inbalance it.

Level 6
Actually I was using Vex's Optimizer, but to no effect (besides optimizing the map)
As I said I followed the turtorial, checking every box.

The problem turned out to be that I hadn't hit the "Browse Button" and picked War3Patch there, this prevented the map from being secured, even if it was optimized.

Long story short: Fixed it, thx for the advice anyway. +rep because I feel so good today.

Status
Not open for further replies.