• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Warcraft III Alternate: Retelling the Warcraft III Story with Swapped Races

I'm speaking from Normal, so I dunno how accurate it is on Hard. I feel quite pressed by time in this particular attempt. I got about 25 trees left on my attempt, and cause I was under 30, I was panicking and did not properly handle the last guardian. Still, very fun sidequest and mission overall.
So it goes too fast on normal?

Level 27
I've finished the first three of your campaigns (Undead, Night Elf, and Human) on Hard. But since I'm not at all active on Discord, I'll drop my reviews/bugs/things that I found unusual here. Note that I'm a guy who likes to spam strong air/Tier 3 units and spellcasters with strong autocast abilities, so take some of my points with a grain of salt.

- When I skipped the opening cinematic, I started with 5 Ghouls, but when I didn't, I started with 9 Ghouls, almost doubling the early game lumber income.

- Kinda sad that Frost Wyrms aren't available.

- If the epilogue starts while Falric is reincarnating, we'll have 2 Falrics at the same time during the cinematic.

• Since Undead is my favorite race, I was hoping to have some extra units, whether they be balanced or broken.
  • I love the way that you keep the dialogue basically the same as the original game, then have Arthas do some absurd things like Death Pact'ing the whole Undead family.
  • Dreadlord Jaina with deep voice is something I never thought I need.

- Not much to say about these chapters, except for the fact that I could do some shenanigans with Shadowmeld, like using your units to form a wall, while the only remaining Archer soio everyone else.

• Unlocking the Huntress here is a bit too late. Sure, they can be useful against Medium-armored units, but at that point, we can already use DotT with Master Training.
  • The fact that I have vanilla techtree while the computers have a custom one makes me sad.
  • There's a short window of time after the Urn disappears from Arthas' inventory and before the epilogue. Any item picked up during that time will not be transferred to the next level. (R.I.P my Ring of Regeneration.)

• Arthas could have used a custom passive like Kel'Thuzad did, because to be honest, no one uses the vanilla Evasion.
  • Not as many funny moments as the Undead Campaign.
  • Also, transgender Kel'Thuzad. Truly progressive. (This might sound like sarcasm, but I actually like it.)
  • You turned Zeppelin drop into something more annoying (Arbiter recall), albeit actually challenging. So challenging that I can almost hear Artosis screaming at me.

- These two missions are quite hard, because when attempting a full clear, I ended up with only one unit left, not counting Thrall. Since they're no-build missions, maybe you can lower the difficulty a bit?

- Shieldbreakers are a bit meh. (Debuff stack too slow, squishy to Meat Wagons, and...Piercing melee attack?)

- Archers don't have mana regen, so it's quite an eyesore, but it doesn't matter since Mana Wagons are so tanky that the Orcs can't do anything to do while they're juicing up the Archers. And vanilla Spell Breakers are way too strong in here.

• When becoming Void Elves, Priests' Heal is replaced with Curse, which is a worse ability in my opinion, and Spell Steal is replaced with what I assumed to be Mana Flare, turning Spell Breakers from the bulky vanguard type to the boring spell channeller type.
  • Rogues are nice and fun to use though.

• Racist Priests. Wow. Think I can forgive you for these Shieldbreakers now.
  • Easier than Chapter 3 in my opinion, so a bit of a difficulty curve problem.

- Thrall can solo his side of the map with level 3 Lava Spawn. You can add some units with Purge/Dispel to make it harder.

• Obsidian Statue for Thrall's base is an easy to sustain through the early game.
  • Jaina's Carrion Swarm are, also, too strong for the Warsong's squishy units. The ones that aren't squishy are Spell Thieves, but they are too busy channelling Mana Flare into my non-spellcasting units.
  • A.I don't know how to use Mana Wagon, so they just run around and ramming into my units for mild annoyance.
  • The Void Elves kill count only get slightly above 100 when I finished the mission, even after I turtled in my main bases to get a 100-supply army for each side + full upgrades. I think the attack waves are too weak.

• I can't beat Mannoroth. I suck.
  • Also, there's a Tomb of Relics that I can't buy item from, since it only sells Orb of Corruption, which requires a Black Citadel.

• Custom techtree, so that's an instant plus.
  • Almost custom heroes, so a half plus. (Note on Cairne: I know that Permanent Immolation is good, but as an ultimate, I think visual is important, to give the players a feeling that it's an ultimate like Starfall, Death and Decay, Volcano, etc,... As for now, his ultimate is barely noticable ingame.)
  • Personal favorite, out of all three.

I've finished the first three of your campaigns (Undead, Night Elf, and Human) on Hard. But since I'm not at all active on Discord, I'll drop my reviews/bugs/things that I found unusual here. Note that I'm a guy who likes to spam strong air/Tier 3 units and spellcasters with strong autocast abilities, so take some of my points with a grain of salt.

- When I skipped the opening cinematic, I started with 5 Ghouls, but when I didn't, I started with 9 Ghouls, almost doubling the early game lumber income.

- Kinda sad that Frost Wyrms aren't available.

- If the epilogue starts while Falric is reincarnating, we'll have 2 Falrics at the same time during the cinematic.

• Since Undead is my favorite race, I was hoping to have some extra units, whether they be balanced or broken.
  • I love the way that you keep the dialogue basically the same as the original game, then have Arthas do some absurd things like Death Pact'ing the whole Undead family.
  • Dreadlord Jaina with deep voice is something I never thought I need.

- Not much to say about these chapters, except for the fact that I could do some shenanigans with Shadowmeld, like using your units to form a wall, while the only remaining Archer soio everyone else.

• Unlocking the Huntress here is a bit too late. Sure, they can be useful against Medium-armored units, but at that point, we can already use DotT with Master Training.
  • The fact that I have vanilla techtree while the computers have a custom one makes me sad.
  • There's a short window of time after the Urn disappears from Arthas' inventory and before the epilogue. Any item picked up during that time will not be transferred to the next level. (R.I.P my Ring of Regeneration.)

• Arthas could have used a custom passive like Kel'Thuzad did, because to be honest, no one uses the vanilla Evasion.
  • Not as many funny moments as the Undead Campaign.
  • Also, transgender Kel'Thuzad. Truly progressive. (This might sound like sarcasm, but I actually like it.)
  • You turned Zeppelin drop into something more annoying (Arbiter recall), albeit actually challenging. So challenging that I can almost hear Artosis screaming at me.

- These two missions are quite hard, because when attempting a full clear, I ended up with only one unit left, not counting Thrall. Since they're no-build missions, maybe you can lower the difficulty a bit?

- Shieldbreakers are a bit meh. (Debuff stack too slow, squishy to Meat Wagons, and...Piercing melee attack?)

- Archers don't have mana regen, so it's quite an eyesore, but it doesn't matter since Mana Wagons are so tanky that the Orcs can't do anything to do while they're juicing up the Archers. And vanilla Spell Breakers are way too strong in here.

• When becoming Void Elves, Priests' Heal is replaced with Curse, which is a worse ability in my opinion, and Spell Steal is replaced with what I assumed to be Mana Flare, turning Spell Breakers from the bulky vanguard type to the boring spell channeller type.
  • Rogues are nice and fun to use though.

• Racist Priests. Wow. Think I can forgive you for these Shieldbreakers now.
  • Easier than Chapter 3 in my opinion, so a bit of a difficulty curve problem.

- Thrall can solo his side of the map with level 3 Lava Spawn. You can add some units with Purge/Dispel to make it harder.

• Obsidian Statue for Thrall's base is an easy to sustain through the early game.
  • Jaina's Carrion Swarm are, also, too strong for the Warsong's squishy units. The ones that aren't squishy are Spell Thieves, but they are too busy channelling Mana Flare into my non-spellcasting units.
  • A.I don't know how to use Mana Wagon, so they just run around and ramming into my units for mild annoyance.
  • The Void Elves kill count only get slightly above 100 when I finished the mission, even after I turtled in my main bases to get a 100-supply army for each side + full upgrades. I think the attack waves are too weak.

• I can't beat Mannoroth. I suck.
  • Also, there's a Tomb of Relics that I can't buy item from, since it only sells Orb of Corruption, which requires a Black Citadel.

• Custom techtree, so that's an instant plus.
  • Almost custom heroes, so a half plus. (Note on Cairne: I know that Permanent Immolation is good, but as an ultimate, I think visual is important, to give the players a feeling that it's an ultimate like Starfall, Death and Decay, Volcano, etc,... As for now, his ultimate is barely noticable ingame.)
  • Personal favorite, out of all three.
Thanks for the review. I will look into some of the problems you listed. There is also a prologue campaign, not sure if you noticed it.

Level 27
I noticed, but since I started with the Undead campaign, I feel like I might as well go with the flow. Now that I've finished playing the Human campaign however, I'll go back to the Prologue before touching the Orc one.

And another thing annoys me is the hotkeys. The vanilla units use normal hotkeys, while custom units use ZXCV. In production structures that have both type like Dwarf Halls, Arcane Spires, and Barracks, it really messed up my muscle memory.

Last edited:
I noticed, but since I started with the Undead campaign, I feel like I might as well go with the flow. Now that I've finished playing the Human campaign however, I'll go back to the Prologue before touching the Orc one.

And another thing annoys me is the hotkeys. The vanilla units use normal hotkeys, while custom units use ZXCV. In production structures that have both type like Dwarf Halls, Arcane Spires, and Barracks, it really messed up my muscle memory.
I use QWER/ASDF/ZXCV when playing Warcraft III. New units and abilities will have this format, so people don't have to learn new hotkeys. I leave the vanilla hotkeys the same since I don't want to mess with the default hotkeys (since some people might have custom keybinds), but I also make sure that the grid hotkeys added don't interfere with the existing hotkeys. For example, I use T instead of S since I know S would interfere with the Stop command.

Level 27
I'll drop my review of the Prologue and the first three chapters of the Horde Campaign here also.

• The first attack wave comes early and brutally, with 3 fully upgraded Ghouls and a Necromancer with Master Training. I clutched through it with Blizzard and Potion of Healing but I'm sure that without either of them, loss will be severe because tower upgrade time in Warcraft is long as hell.
  • Although, the difficulty is not my complaint, but what comes afterward is. The first event in any map, mainly the first attack wave, should normally set up the mood to make the players (or me in this case) know what to expect and to prepare accordingly. So after witnessing that first attack wave, I thought that: "If the first attack wave comes early and hit hard, then surely the next one will come soon, and will be even harder". So I stocked up on Footmen, Arcane Towers, Scrolls,... and then nothing happened. The Undeads didn't even have a single Crypt and were just waiting for me to slowly chip their force down, which is a shame.
  • Don't know much about the original, because it's been a long time since I last played it, but I think adding more production structures for the enemies will be a nice touch.

• Not much to say here, since I think the mission is quite close to the original. Although, I do appreciate the effort that you put into making custom units.
  • One of them, however, is just terrible - the Arcane Castle. When I first saw it, I thought it would be close to something like Nexus Overcharge, and it deals the very rare Magic damage type into a lot of Heavy-armored enemies, so on paper, it should be good. But after testing its DPS by warpten-ing it near the enemy base, I soon realized it could barely kill one Grunt before the next one arrived. Level 3 Masonry did not help either.
  • Also, this one is more of the model's fault than yours, but it doesn't have a proper birth animation and the projectiles don't launch from the towers.
  • Still, I like the concept, and I want to see its reappearance, so I'm going to propose a few ways to fix it:
  • Uses the original model, but with an overhead orb attachment to make the projectiles shoot from there.
  • Enables the attack at tier 2 instead of tier 3 (similar to Halls of the Dead) and increases its attack range.
  • And since the Castle is built to last, which means nearby enemies will take sustained damage from it, so giving it an ability similar to Incinerate (Passive) will be nice.

• A solid predecessor to your other alternate campaigns. Players will have a good idea of what kind of alternate campaigns to expect, without spoiling too much.
  • As for me, I think the campaign is average. Not that impressive, but also not bad.

- When I see that I can modify the units to my liking, similar to Heart of the Swarm, I feel wonderful. However, there are two of them: Tracking and Raptor's Dodge, which I feels like is only there to fill the gap. I'll explain below.
  • Tracking increases movement speed and sight range, which I think is to help the Headhunters scout and kite the enemies. However, with Pet Raptors, they can already kite super well, not to mention the synergy with Malpractice, and the scouting part is soon replaced by Witch Doctor's Sentry Ward. That, and Voodoo Spears help them become the glass cannons they are meant to be, and will even be better once they have Berserker Upgrade, so no reason to take Tracking over Raptor or Spear.
  • Dodge helps Scouts take less damage from attack, but Raptor Bite just straight up makes the desired target deal less damage, with no luck and RNG involved. Spear Throwing can be good to turn the Scouts into pseudo-Huntresses, which allows them to attack from behind melee units like Grunts once they're unlocked, so another reason not to take Dodge.
  • Not related, but I don't know how Grave Ward's RNG works. From my test with Adept Training, only 1/14 dead Witch Doctors spawned a Stasis Ward, and 13/14 spawned a Sentry Ward. So, if I understand the description correctly, once you unlocks Master Training, Sentry Wards will no longer spawn, and Stasis Wards will have a very high spawn rate compared to Healing Wards, which makes it a gimmick but viable late game pick?

• Turning into frogs is such an epic way to escape. Faceless One dialogue's subtitles is also creative.
  • Minor typo in units' name: 'Facless One Behemoth' instead of 'Faceless One Behemoth'.
  • Don't know how else to destroy the last base, except by suiciding through the gate.

- A nice chapter that rewards aggressive early game plays. However, the Sentinel's A.I is a bit weird in my opinion, and since A.I in custom campaigns tend to break whenever I get near them, I'm going to detail my playthrough below for you to see if it's intentional or not:
  • So, at ~25 trees remaining and after I finished the side quest, I rushed up with a huge Batriders army to suicide into the Hippogryphs, while my main force was camping the Fountain of Mana.
  • At first, the Sentinels sent Wisps continuously to repair their damaged Ancient Protectors and to rebuild the Ancient of Wonders, with constant Hippogryph reinforcement from the Ancient of Wind. But then, at one point, maybe after the Moon Wells and the Ancient Protectors were destroyed, that just stopped. When I destroyed the Ancient of Winds, they don't rebuild it either. The side which was supposed to be hard to defend suddenly became easy.

- I can't form an opinion yet since the campaign is still ongoing, but I admit that I like the direction that you're taking, and I'm rooting for you to finish the next chapter.

Ann

Ann

Level 3
I actually been thinking, how about you make night elves building spread grass like how undead spread blight work? Because I think this way would make this alternate swap much more fitting.

(New) Chapter 4 of the Horde Campaign: Spirituality's End has been finished!
First 4 missions are finished entirely. Every chapter is unlocked, but the other ones aren't finished.
Anything that sticks out should be reported.

You can give feedback on the project's Discord Server: Join the Warcraft III Alternate Discord Server!

Attachments

• War3Alternate4 - Horde.w3n
    35.8 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Level 27
Chapter 4 is not as challenging as Chapter 3 in my opinion, but is still fun to play. I'll also give my detailed review.

• The new Grave Ward deals insane damage, and the new Raptor's Dodge, while I haven't tested it yet, seems very rewarding for players with good micro, so it's nice.
  • The attack waves are too infrequent, even in Hard, and can be held off with Furion or a few Watch Towers.
  • Repair time for Undead buildings are too fast, so the small Undead outpost is very annoying to destroy without Demolishers.
  • After Furion deals attack damage, there's a small delay before he applies the Shock effect. Maybe it has something to do with the Dummy unit's Cast Backswing/Cast Point not being set to 0.
  • Bears with armor shred and blink is crazy af, but I love it. Shredders are also great glass cannons, since they can deal up to 71 damage per attack with LV2 upgrade.

Now for oddities that aren't related to gameplay of chapter 4:

- Items like Mini Great Halls, Mini Barracks are stuck in their "birth" animation upon dropping, so it's very hard to spot.

WC3ScrnShot_032122_214030_02.png

- What is that thing next to Tyrande in chapter 2?
WC3ScrnShot_032122_213708_01.png

- At the end of Chapter 3, the Mountain Giant stands there and chills while Furion murders his friends.
WC3ScrnShot_032122_214612_03.png

Level 28
Horde campaign:

Second level:

The hide-as-frogs mechanism is great. Any chance of it remaining in use for the campaign?

The behemoths quote a rehashed meme of a tired meme, truly the Burning Legion's evil has no limits.

Tyrande can't grab powerups as a frog (I suspect this is a game engine bug).

Had a game crash after leaving the score screen, and saving started taking a while towards the end.

Third level:

Quest: don't allow -> prevent

Well, didn't manage to kill the base, but I did succeed in killing the Ancient.

Fourth level:

Aww, that captain just sounds so cheerful when he says "let's eat our wounded".

So Ice Trolls and these trolls are still enemies?

When the first mine runs out, Tyrande still mentions Barrow Dens instead of Beastiaries.

Might want to pull the extra towers back from the cliffs of the enemy bases, as they can still be targeted by catapults (which brings in the whole swarm).

Grunt specialization upgrade can be bought, but the upgrades themselves don't seem to be anywhere.

Sapper hotkey is still B.

Had a game freeze on leaving the score screen, and saving also took a while. I think the triggers for Furion's passive might leak.

Chapter 4 is not as challenging as Chapter 3 in my opinion, but is still fun to play. I'll also give my detailed review.

• The new Grave Ward deals insane damage, and the new Raptor's Dodge, while I haven't tested it yet, seems very rewarding for players with good micro, so it's nice.
  • The attack waves are too infrequent, even in Hard, and can be held off with Furion or a few Watch Towers.
  • Repair time for Undead buildings are too fast, so the small Undead outpost is very annoying to destroy without Demolishers.
  • After Furion deals attack damage, there's a small delay before he applies the Shock effect. Maybe it has something to do with the Dummy unit's Cast Backswing/Cast Point not being set to 0.
  • Bears with armor shred and blink is crazy af, but I love it. Shredders are also great glass cannons, since they can deal up to 71 damage per attack with LV2 upgrade.

Now for oddities that aren't related to gameplay of chapter 4:

- Items like Mini Great Halls, Mini Barracks are stuck in their "birth" animation upon dropping, so it's very hard to spot.

View attachment 396950
- What is that thing next to Tyrande in chapter 2?
View attachment 396951
- At the end of Chapter 3, the Mountain Giant stands there and chills while Furion murders his friends.
View attachment 396952
Thanks for this. Can you explain why you have no buildings in the chapter 2 screenshot? I booted it now to see if something broke, and they are still there. Do you know when they became invisible, or were they destroyed by the Night Elves? That thing is a Dragoon.

I will look into these things, thanks a lot!

Tyrande can't grab powerups as a frog (I suspect this is a game engine bug).
The hide-as-frogs mechanism is great. Any chance of it remaining in use for the campaign?
No, it has a lot of problems that would be more apparent in base building maps.

So Ice Trolls and these trolls are still enemies?
Like Night Elves and Dark Trolls.

Might want to pull the extra towers back from the cliffs of the enemy bases, as they can still be targeted by catapults (which brings in the whole swarm).
The centaur base is hard to take out on its own, having the towers in a less vulnerable position would make it even harder.

Grunt specialization upgrade can be bought, but the upgrades themselves don't seem to be anywhere.
You upgrade at the Barracks, and use the Specialization button that the Grunts have (similar to Hero leveling abilities)

After Furion deals attack damage, there's a small delay before he applies the Shock effect. Maybe it has something to do with the Dummy unit's Cast Backswing/Cast Point not being set to 0.
Had a game freeze on leaving the score screen, and saving also took a while. I think the triggers for Furion's passive might leak.
I will look into these problems. I remove all created points, it might be due to unit group leaks.

Last edited:
Level 27
Thanks for this. Can you explain why you have no buildings in the chapter 2 screenshot? I booted it now to see if something broke, and they are still there. Do you know when they became invisible, or were they destroyed by the Night Elves? That thing is a Dragoon.

I will look into these things, thanks a lot!
I replayed the chapter with whosyourdaddy and iseedeadpeople on, mainly to recollect Tyrande's item because I lost them all (cache bugs, maybe?). After I destroyed the Sentinel's base, I went in the gate with all units except Tyrande and since the cinematic isn't triggered, I tried killing all Trolls there, even Shandris. She seems to be revived later though.

Also, nice touch on the Blood Mage's name. I'm guessing other Heroes' names are also references of other characters which I don't recognize?
WC3ScrnShot_032122_220553_04.png

(Update) Spirituality's End has been updated!
First 4 missions are finished entirely. Every chapter is unlocked, but the other ones aren't finished.
Made changes based on nchp1903 and cleavinghammer's feedback.

You can give feedback on the project's Discord Server: Join the Warcraft III Alternate Discord Server!

Attachments

35.9 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
(April Fools 2022) Warcraft III Alternate has sadly been cancelled, but it has been replaced by an even better project. You can see the announcement video here:
You can now download the first chapter of my new Project: Warcraft III Alternate™ 2: The Horde of Lordaeron®.

You can give feedback on the project's Discord Server: Join the Warcraft III Alternate™ 2 Discord Server!

RIP Warcraft III Alternate: 15 April 2021 - 1 April 2022.

Attachments

• alternate2.w3x
    934.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
(New) Chapter 5 of the Horde Campaign: Spirituality's End has been finished!
First 5 missions are finished entirely. Every chapter is unlocked, but the other ones aren't finished.

Attachments

40.1 MB · Views: 391
Level 28
Specialized units should have updated tooltips.

Item (unit) description for Ballistic Kit is bugged (number of charges).

Tauren building doodads should be visible in fog, it's jarring when a big statue just appears out of nowhere.

There's a place in the Goblin Emperor (why is he naked. why is he naked)'s corridor where a Spirit Bear can teleport into the Shamans' area.

Why a shop? Are you supposed to sell items to get the orb?

So is Malfurion's hero class Arch-Shaman or Elder Sage?

Specialized units should have updated tooltips.
All right, will modify them.

Item (unit) description for Ballistic Kit is bugged (number of charges).
Will look into it.

Tauren building doodads should be visible in fog, it's jarring when a big statue just appears out of nowhere.
They are actually units, so that's why they disappear like that. Maybe I could make them buildings to fix this.

There's a place in the Goblin Emperor (why is he naked. why is he naked)'s corridor where a Spirit Bear can teleport into the Shamans' area.
I was going to test blink spots for the Bear, but forgot. Thanks!

Why a shop? Are you supposed to sell items to get the orb?
If you want, you can sell items to get other items.

So is Malfurion's hero class Arch-Shaman or Elder Sage?
Both. In the original, he called himself Arch-Druid, but the hero class was 'Keeper of the Grove'. Elder Sage is his specialty. Tyrande is also an Arch-Shaman, but her specialty is being a Shadow Hunter.

I've managed to code a program called "Campaign Splitter" that can split campaign files (w3n) into separate map files (w3m/w3x) and add all the campaign data inside the map files. It can be used to make Custom Campaigns playable in Reforged. You could even create your own Custom Campaigns in the Reforged World Editor, and the players can split them on their own computer. Everything from the campaign is merged correctly into the map files: custom data (units, items, abilities, upgrades, etc.), gameplay variables, custom interface, imports and strings! One thing to note is that splitting the campaign will copy all imported assets, making each map file quite large, so you will need to be careful to delete the map files whenever you don't want to play them, and re-split the campaign when you do.

Here you can see a screenshot of Chapter 8 of Colonization of Kalimdor (The Void Whispers) in Reforged (I used SD, but you can see it's Reforged by the Player Colored Health Bars).
WC3ScrnShot_070222_234444_001.png

I have also provided this map file for anyone wanting to try it out.

The campaign splitting is mostly finished, but I still need to test some scenarios where it might not work properly, as well as create a user interface, since now it's only a command line program where you give the campaign file's path as a parameter. It will be released when the interface is done. It would be very helpful if any of you would test the map and check if there are any problems with it. If you do provide feedback, you should include the version: 1.31.1/Classic or 1.32.x/Reforged in the message.

Attachments

• orc08.w3m
    47.7 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Just wanted to drop in and say that I really like this campaign series. Having a race-swapped version of the original Warcraft III story is a cool concept and I like the new features that are added with each campaign, such as new units in Colonization of Kalimdor and unit specializations in Spirituality's End, and I am looking forward to seeing what additions might be introduced in the following campaigns, as well as the alternate of Faceless Ones, Unbroken, Tentacles and a Forgotten One.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternate will be playable in HD with the important custom models having HD counterparts. Exodus of the Alliance will be the first Campaign to gain HD models. The SD campaign will be unaffected (except for a filesize increase) and will still be playable on 1.31.1!

unknown.png

Last edited:
(New) Chapter 6 and the Interlude of the Horde Campaign: Spirituality's End have been finished!
First 6 chapters and the interlude are finished entirely. Every chapter is unlocked, but the other ones aren't finished.
I want to know what you think of the difficulty of the chapter. Is it too easy? Is it too hard? Or is it all right?

Attachments

59 MB · Views: 1,011
Last edited:
Level 6
(New) Chapter 6 and the Interlude of the Horde Campaign: Spirituality's End have been finished!
First 6 chapters and the interlude are finished entirely. Every chapter is unlocked, but the other ones aren't finished.
I want to know what you think of the difficulty of the chapter. Is it too easy? Is it too hard? Or is it all right?

THOSE voicelines LMAO 🤣

Level 28
5th level:
  • Prison cells: Tauren used "Death to the enemies of the Horde" line instead of "Start running!" in one game, he used it normally in another.
  • Gnomish Ballistic Kit doesn't state the number of charges in the item description. It should really say what the range is.
  • Shamans have a tendency to cast Bloodlust on themselves and then just sit there.

6th level:
  • The obelisk hints should be added to a sidequest instead of having to dig through the logs.
  • I think you might need to add a few more hints, as far as I can tell the only pair that can be worked out from the hints is
    W=R
    , which leaves a number of solutions that you then have to try one by one. I thought that meant there were multiple rewards, like

the dagger for

G
R Y B
O

but this doesn't seem to be the case.
* Uh... No comment from the others for there being
two Illidans
?

Last edited:
5th level:
  • Prison cells: Tauren used "Death to the enemies of the Horde" line instead of "Start running!" in one game, he used it normally in another.
  • Gnomish Ballistic Kit doesn't state the number of charges in the item description. It should really say what the range is.
  • Shamans have a tendency to cast Bloodlust on themselves and then just sit there.

6th level:
  • The obelisk hints should be added to a sidequest instead of having to dig through the logs.
  • I think you might need to add a few more hints, as far as I can tell the only pair that can be worked out from the hints is
    W=R
    , which leaves a number of solutions that you then have to try one by one. I thought that meant there were multiple rewards, like the dagger for

G
R Y B
O

but this doesn't seem to be the case.
* Uh... No comment from the others for there being
two Illidans
?
Please don't spoil puzzle

Level 27
Here's my review of the latest chapter:
  • The intro is something. I hate how cursed it is, therefore I love it. Keep it up.
  • It's harder than the last one and requires me to be more precise with my attack timing, which is good. On the other hand, an army of Berserkers with shaman's Aura/Voodoo Spears still shred through everything.
  • My Shamans, for some reasons, has 0 initial mana.
  • The Forgotten One attack waves, more than often, feels more petty than threatening. They just walk in and Earthquake my Burrows to slightly annoy me, before dying to Grom.
  • The Aether Gates are squishy af. One Demolishers or a few Batriders and boom, no more production.
  • Dark Raiders have insane sustain. A couple of them and they can serve as your frontline for more than half of the level.
(- Also, ty for telling me that Ensnare can disrupt channelling. Somehow that never came to my mind ever before.)
  • Not sure if this is in the original or not, but when I tried to kill Tichondrius without Skull of Gul'dan, he just restores himself to full health when he almost died, before teleporting all of my troops away.
  • As for the puzzle, I noted down all 7 clues, and from there, only the West Obelisk can be determined. Maybe we need an 8th one, regarding the Green color.
  • The interlude is even a bigger drug trip than the Chapter 6's intro. Plus, Jaina and Thrall spilt out their entire backstory, just for Furion and Tyrande to go "don't care didn't ask go away" is funny af.

Here's my review of the latest chapter:
  • The intro is something. I hate how cursed it is, therefore I love it. Keep it up.
  • It's harder than the last one and requires me to be more precise with my attack timing, which is good. On the other hand, an army of Berserkers with shaman's Aura/Voodoo Spears still shred through everything.
  • My Shamans, for some reasons, has 0 initial mana.
  • The Forgotten One attack waves, more than often, feels more petty than threatening. They just walk in and Earthquake my Burrows to slightly annoy me, before dying to Grom.
  • The Aether Gates are squishy af. One Demolishers or a few Batriders and boom, no more production.
  • Dark Raiders have insane sustain. A couple of them and they can serve as your frontline for more than half of the level.
(- Also, ty for telling me that Ensnare can disrupt channelling. Somehow that never came to my mind ever before.)
  • Not sure if this is in the original or not, but when I tried to kill Tichondrius without Skull of Gul'dan, he just restores himself to full health when he almost died, before teleporting all of my troops away.
  • As for the puzzle, I noted down all 7 clues, and from there, only the West Obelisk can be determined. Maybe we need an 8th one, regarding the Green color.
  • The interlude is even a bigger drug trip than the Chapter 6's intro. Plus, Jaina and Thrall spilt out their entire backstory, just for Furion and Tyrande to go "don't care didn't ask go away" is funny af.
The hints are sufficient. Only one obelisk can be known for certain, but because each obelisk needs a separate color, only one option validates all hints