• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
WarcraftArena.jpg

Official Website

A simplistic yet very fun & chaotic Arena, with a very quick & easy learning curve, yet truly difficult to master.

Game overview
  • Objective - The goal is simply to survive 6 rounds at any cost & by any means necessary.
  • Randomness - Each round you will be shuffled into random teams, with the occasional FFA now and then. Your enemies become temporary allies, perhaps they prove useful to you this round?
  • Teamwork - In order to survive, you'll need to work together for a common goal, that being survival. However should an ally 'accidentally' die, oh well a tragic sacrifice.
  • Balancer - If teams are unbalanced, the almighty Balancer will step in, aiding the team in the minority. Beware thou he is especially ferocious and battle hungry.
  • Items - There are many items, ranging from scrolls, potions, tomes, base items & legendary artifacts. Investing wisely can make a big difference!

Guide
First time playing? Ok heres a few tips:

First round
  • Generally best to load up on survival items, such as pots & scrolls. Even if you don't end up using them, they'll carry through the next rounds, where you can hopefully build up a steady supply for when you'll need them most.
  • Alternatively you can invest in a big artifact item, or numerous base items. They'll increases your battle capabilities but if you get focused, your probably doomed.
  • Don't go tomes, base items are far superior. Tomes are the last resort, in the odd chance your inventory is full
Future rounds
  • Above all keep yourself alive, but your team's survival is very important. Focusing Heroes together, or healing/protecting your weakest Hero can make alot of difference.
  • Scrolls of protection, scrolls of healing etc. may not be the most appealing items but are very useful & helpful in making your team win and thus ultimately making you survive another round.
Kill score leaders
  • Its quite imperative to make sure nobody reaches 6 points, as obviously they win. Thus sometimes regrettably you may be 'forced' to backstab or teamkilll an ally.
  • On the other hand, if you team has this round in the bag, and you spot an ally on low health, perhaps he doesn't 'deserve' to survive this round, what do you think?
Don't waste items
  • If surviving this round looks futile, such as your teams dead & your left outmatched. Don't bother wasting potions, accept defeat, but preserve your consumables for future rounds, when they can turn the tide.
FFA
  • When you get the odd free for all, remember surviving is the key, so avoid combat. Engage and disengage at your leisure, when it best suites you. Don't fight pointless fights.

Screenshots

Hero Selection:
Selection-1.jpg

Shopping area, inbetween rounds:
Pick-2.jpg

The Dead Hills:
Hills2.jpg

Hills1.jpg

The Lost Ruins:
Ruins4.jpg

Ruins3.jpg

Ruins1.jpg

Pool of Doom:
Pool2.jpg

Pool1.jpg

Credits:
- Chainer-, thx for preview image
- Emjlr3, thx for Hero Selection System

thx for reading, I hope you enjoy this game & best of luck!

Attachments

• Warcraft Arena v1.06.w3x
    155.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Level 11
Great game, love it. It's not too complex, and yes some heroes are better than others (*cough* paladin *cough*) but it's got plenty of skill. You have to know when to hide, when to TK a team mate, how to focus someone without getting yourself killed, etc. a bit of luck too, but really fun.

Just think a few more modes/arenas would be nice, but thats all really. I like the concept of keeping wc3 heroes, people are familiar with them, and we dont need like UBER complex abilities to have fun, +rep.

Level 12
Ok new version released, can read changelog here or in main thread:

v0.95
- A third Arena added - "Pool of Doom"
- A complete terrain overhaul, now with improved selection/shopping areas & much improved arenas. See screenshots in main thread for previews
- Lots of new screenshots added
- Some new items & replacements, check it out!
- Alot of item costs redone, opening more options.
- Alot of Hero Abilities balances, improving the weaker spells.
- Round durations are now randomised between 90-120 seconds

v0.95
- Teams of 2, 2v2v2v2... possibilities
- Fixed team mode/option, where players can form & group up into teams at the start of the game that last indefinetly.
- Number of rounds, duration of rounds, gold/bounty income, experience income will all be able to be set at start.
- and much more...

Level 12
I'll eventually get around to addding customization on the Heroes but first I need to get the gameplay godlike!

In meantime thou I can plan out the Heroes carefully & then upgrade them all in one go, as having some 'new/cool' Heroes but some 'old' ones won't be so good.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hehe, well the Alchemist is actually a pretty decent hero all round, except for his ultimate.

I could give him a neat Gold generating ability (each round), obviously a balanced amount or simply a increased Gold Bounty abiltiy that increases all gold his acquires by 25/50/75%.

Level 12
Ok another update:

Changelog v0.99
  • Dialogues
    - The host can now select several game options, to customize the gameplay.
  • Pool of Doom
    - A big overhaul, the arena is no longer as overly massive & now more tactical.
  • The Balancer
    - He's been nerfed all round partially, he longer cleaves through half a team.
  • Hero Balances
    - Blademaster & Beastmaster have been nerfed slightly
  • Item Balances
    - The higher end items are now slightly cheaper & more useful
    - Serathil corruption bonus lowered
    - Gold Coin has been removed
    - Enchanted Vial is now simply a 4 charged healing/mana potion in one (great value for money)

Level 4
You should change Beastmasters 3.rd ability Hawk i think.
Because the hawk cant attack and only have true sight which wont really become usefull as the only hero who can become invisible is the Blademaster.

Warden at night? All nelfs can do invis. But yeah, faerie fire on autocast with the hawk? Works as it does now and is useful even against targets without invis.

Level 12
Could you do me a favor.... and add in a Gladiator Mode as well?
Where everyone kills off one big unit
And a Creep Mode where people don't just have to go after eachother but get distracted by other units
Just make em Neutral Hostile

Just for a larger variety of games
-I really liked the Original Games, but I felt they weren't enough

And to make it difficult... you can set the AI to attack the units with the lowest HP... With spells or Ranged attacks...

Also... can you make the choice for number of rounds to change?
-Some games only lasted 6 rounds... and it was kinda dissappointing.... Set number of rounds to win to be 6, 12 or 24 (24 for very long games)

Thats about it....

And I'm considering Making a Mod of this Map... would you mind?

Level 12
Formula1 said:
Could you do me a favor.... and add in a Gladiator Mode as well?
Where everyone kills off one big unit
And a Creep Mode where people don't just have to go after eachother but get distracted by other units
Just make em Neutral Hostile

Yea, I was planning on adding a survival mode in there anyways.
Should be in there by next ver.

Formula1 said:
Some games only lasted 6 rounds... and it was kinda dissappointing.... Set number of rounds to win to be 6, 12 or 24 (24 for very long games)

You can choose between 6-9, anything above that really drags out & the current items can't support it.
Remember you have to survive that many rounds, so with 9, it could easily go over 20 rounds if varying players iwnning rounds each time.

Formula1 said:
And I'm considering Making a Mod of this Map... would you mind?

What exactly do you mean?

Level 12
You can choose between 6-9, anything above that really drags out & the current items can't support it.
Remember you have to survive that many rounds, so with 9, it could easily go over 20 rounds if varying players iwnning rounds each time.

What exactly do you mean?

I found blade master takes control early on though...
-Windwalk-Easy defense + Added attack
-Critical strike-Increase kill once in a while

And those are the only two spells they need for the most part... Escape and attack...
-And since they gained mana while invisible.. they could sit for a little while it recharged...

And I tried working with Mountain king as an anti... but I had no way of escaping without using Mana... and when I stunned people they got away quickly... Leaving me Manaless and Open to death...

So I found most matches lasted around 12 rounds or less...
-A dota match can last an hour... these games usually last about 15 minutes or less...

As for the Mod...
-I was going to change the heroes so they would be very simple playing styles
--AoE attack spells (for anti Summons)
--AoE Healing (for supporting summons)
--Direct Attack spells (if people are quick, they can deal more damage to the same number of units with this or have it become an anti hero spell with cooldown)

Different Summons
-Summons that leave corpses are stronger but give Necromancers the ability to take advantage of them...

I would change up the heroes...
-And Probably some of the items....

But your core system would stay the same...

Level 12
Ok, another update

CHANGELOG v1.06
  • Forgotten Temple
    - New Arena added
  • Experience System
    - Now properly calculates & distributes experience more fairly
  • Warning Sounds/Msges
    - Will now warn everybody, when an individual or group are 1 point away from winning
    Will also do the same when there is a tiebreaker
  • Balances
    - Keeper of the Grove beefed up a bit, mainly his Ents
    - Tinker beefed up a bit, mainly culster rockets & pocket factory
    - All wave spells made slightly stronger
    - Rain of Fire no longer requires channel
    - Blink balanced better between levels
    - Big stat items, gold costs adjusted slightly
  • Bug Fixes
    - Frost Guard item damage fixed
    - Multiboard title, rounds update now when theres a tiebreaker
    - A few tooltip errors

Level 2
Haha Guys....the true is that this Map Rocks... It's somehow so simple that it's great...rly respect fulla u made a big buble into the Warcraft Editoring :) the 'gameablelity' or how to say it is rly maximal :) Gj m8 go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.