• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Apocalypse (lore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
This is the Storyline with a majority of the events that have occured (as far as I have created) in my game, Warcraft: Apocalypse.

Icecrown Citadel Assault

After months of preparation, the final assault of Icecrown Citadel began.

Lead by High Crusader Dargren Athrin, who wielded a blade named "Undeadsbane", the siege was a success. A top the Frozen Throne, the Lich King and multiple leaders of the world stood face to face.

Tirion gripped the Ashbringer as it began to burst in holy light.

"ARTHAS!" He screamed.

"It ends here, and now! So many have fallen to your prison of a blade, so many have screamed for aid to the abominations you've unleashed upon this world, so many have the lust for vengeance! It ends today, Arthas, right here, right NOW!"

Tirion rushed towards Arthas and swung the Ashbringer, Arthas parried with Frostmourne and sent a chilling wave of cold down Tirions spine.

High Warlord Zakruul and High Overlord Saurfang held off the undead on one side of the Frozen Throne as King Magni Bronzebeard and Muradin Bronzebeard, accompanied by Dargren Athrin, held the other.

Tirion tried to regain his strength, but the Lich King was too quick. He send a wave of shadow at Tirion, knocking him to the ground. He then rushed at Muradin and raised his blade in the air, getting ready to impale Muradin as Magni screamed for him to look behind.

Just then, an arrow and firebolt zoomed past the Lich King's head. He turned around to see Jaina Proudmoore and Sylvanas Windrunner side-by-side.

The Lich King blasted Sylvanas and Jaina into a pillar, making them fall to the ground.

"Fools, my power is limitless, you fight in vain!" he bellowed.

Tirion caught his breath and rushed at Arthas with the Ashbringer. Arthas blocked the swing and whipped the Ashbringer onto the floor. Tirion's eyes were wide as his body was left open, and he was stabbed in the stomach by Frostmourne.

Dargren Athrin turned around, being a good friend of Tirion, he yelled out Tirions name in a tone of rage and despair.

Dargren began running to Tirion, but the Lich King suddenly stepped in front of him and backhanded him away like he was nothing.

"We are no longer on hallowed ground, fools! Your light cannot aid you now!" The Lich King mocked.

Jaina and Sylvanas regained conciousness and looked in terror, as well as the other leaders.

The Lich King casted a spell which sent bolts of shadow and frost everywhere, inflicting huge ammounts of pain to everyone. The leaders, half-conscious, looked at the Lich King and their soon to come deaths.

Just then, Dargren Athrin began to see the souls stolen by Frostmourne circle around him, though nobody else could see them.

Uther stepped up from the large crowd.

"Retribution must be brought, Dargren, you know what you must do".

Saurfang the Younger also appeared.

"Finish it, so my father may sleep knowing I am resting among the ancestors".

Bolvar Fordragon's tortured soul also appeared. (though bolvar himself was still living)

"The blood of his own people can only be repaid in blood".

And lastly, Dargrens own wife appeared, who was turned into a mindless ghoul by the Scourge.

"Do it for our son, Kuriann. At this very moment he prays you will return".

And in a flash of light, the spirits were gone.

Dargren used what was left of his strength to crawl to Tirion, who was still alive but close to death.

Tirion looked at Dargren and weakly nodded at him, knowing what he was going to do.

Dargren, with Undeadsbane in his hand, reached for the Ashbringer. In a blinding flash of light that was seen all the way in Valgarde, the two blades combined. The Lich King whipped around to see what had happened. Undeadsbane and the Ashbringer no longer existed, there was only Ashbane, a weapon of retribution.

Dargren looked at the Lich King with gleaming yellow eyes.

"I do not need to be on hallowed ground, I only need hope".

Dargren rushed at the Lich King and swung Ashbane with immense force. The force was so powerful, Frostmourne cracked and visible souls slowly seeped out of it.

The Lich King himself looked in terror

"This cannot be! I... I am invincible!".

"Your end is here." Dargren said.

Dargren jumped up into the air and sliced down, cutting across the Lich King's chest and smoke became to come out of the wound. The Lich King fell down to the cold floor of the Frozen Throne and laid there, lifeless.

Dargren immediately rushed to Tirion.

"Tirion! I finished it, i've ended it!"

Tirion looked at Dargren, too weak to speak. A smile slowly faded in, and then Tirions body began to glisten. Tirion's very body dissolved into light, leaving behind his armor, and became one with the light. Dargren knew that he at least died happy.

Dargren mended the weak leaders and then brought them to consciousness, they all aided in carrying Tirion's armor for his funeral. Dargren could hear Tirion's voice in his head. The voice was faint, but it sounded of "Thank you".

The Lich King waited untill they left, and dragged himself across the floor. The wound had stopped smoking and was now gushing with purple blood. The Lich King grabbed his helmet and began crawling. The Lich King's body left a trail of purple liquid as he dragged himself across the Halls of Icecrown Citadel. Eventually, he reached the Halls of Reflection, the Lich King's private chambers. There, he sat upon the Shadow Throne, a dark replica of the Lordaeron Throne Room that he himself dreamed of claiming as his own. He began to indulge himself in thoughts of hatred, think thoughts of denial, and began his planning of the new age of Azeroth that was soon to become.

The Apocalypse has begun.

Varian's Encounter

It was a dark and stormy night, the wind was howling in its hunt around the castles walls' - It was all so similar to the night years ago.
King Varian Wyrnn had fallen asleep on his throne, with his crown covering the eyes. It had been a very long day with a lot of major events, all thanks to the world wide celebration of Deathwing's defeat. The Horde and Alliance had finally learned to settle their differences and made peace, at least for the time being.

King Varian woke up by a sudden burst of thunder. He walked down the hallways of Stormwind Keep to his private quarters. He pushed opened the door of his quarters and saw the Lich King standing there. The Lich King swung his blade and beheaded Varian, blood shedding across the floor and Varian's soul eaten by Frostmourne.

Varian woke up, it was just a nightmare. Varian tried to get up from his throne, but he was restrained by an unknown force. Just then, Medivh walked from the shadows. Varian looked at the man and said "Who are you and why are you here?" in a rude tone.

Medivh revealed his identity to the young king.

Varian scoffed at Medivh, still with hatred for opening the Dark Portal. He asked in a harsh tone "What are you doing here?".

Medivh smiled and looked at Varian. He calmly said

"The banners of olden times are rising. The powers of the world are roused for battle. Azeroth's end will be caused by its very inhabitants very soon, king".

Varian looked at Medivh with the common "WTF" expression. He then stood from his throne and said "Would you repeat that?".

Medivh began to look frustrated.

"You heard me, Varian Wyrnn. Think quick, king, the Apocalypse is coming".

Before Varian could say anything else, Medivh was gone in a flash of lightning which brightened the dark halls of Stormwind Keep.

Events from the beginning of the sieging of Icecrown Citadel

- The gates of Icecrown Broken, Ashen Verdict (a group of the best soldiers in the Argent Crusade and Knights of the Ebon Blade) formed.

- The Ashen Verdict hold ground in Icecrown as Sylvanas and Jaina infiltrate from the side of Icecrown.

- Mission success, Sylvanas and Jaina capture and hold the Pit of Saron and Forge of Souls, they discover of the Halls of Reflection.

- Sylvanas and Jaina infiltrate the Halls of Reflection, they barely escape in a life and death situation against the Lich King. Mission aborted.

- Ashen Verdict infiltrate further in Icecrown and slay Lady Deathwhisper and Lord Marrowgar, the Ashen Verdict create a forward camp. Bolvar is rescued and is retired as a hero of the Alliance. Though, he is very secretive and rarely shows himself to the mortal world.

- "Assault on Icecrown Citadel" (story above) takes place.

- Tirion's funeral, Dargren returns to Northrend to gather the remaining Argent Crusade members and retire them from service.

- The Cataclyms happens, The Greymane Wall is broken. Ambassadors from Darnassus recruit the Gilnean Worgen to the Alliance.

- Gnomeregan is reclaimed and rebuilt. The novel "Stormrage" takes place (a new book by blizzard).

- A long war against Deathwing is held.

- Many events happen, Deathwing is finally defeated. "Varian's Encounter" (story above) takes place.

- Neromaxaras finishes reconstruction in pure saronite and attacks Dalaran. After a destructive battle, a large portion of Crystalsong is destroyed from the battle and Dalaran falls, many Kirin Tor mages are able to escape. Rhonin is injured badly trying to save Vereesa and Khadgar takes leadership in his absence.

- Cho'gall begins to gather energy to summon C'thun, General Rajaxx readies Silithid armies and the Prophet Skeram boosts the Silithid's morale. Ulduel finished construction, destroys Ulduar. The Earthen flee to their dwarven descendants.

- The Scourge launch attacks on the Northern and Southern Eastern Kingdoms, Forsaken create Deathguard's Watch over the ruins of Shadowfang Keep, the Bulwark is reinforced.

- The Scourge take Hillsbrad, blocking reinforcements from the Alliance land-wise.

- The war in Outlands begins against Illidan's forces, lead by Illidari Lord Balthas in Illidan's absence, and Magtheridon's forces.

- The Scourge assault Deathguard's Watch but are unsuccessful, Kargath Bladefist is slain in battle in the war in Outlands.

- Magtheridon is victorious and begins to summon demonic allies, Illidari Lord Balthas is executed. The Ashtongue Broken (akama's tribe) and Maiev Shadowsong go into hiding and form a supportive alliance.

- The Fel Orcish Wars begin, a brutal civil war that was very short but was devastating.

- Magtheridon sees potential in Zuluhed the Whack and grants him power, Zuluhed musters an army and wins the Fel Orcish Wars. Zuluhed becomes new Warchief of the Fel Horde.

- The Silithid retake Silithus from the Night Elves, though they fight back and reinforce Cenarion Hold, the Night Elves warn the Horde and Alliance in Kalimdor of the Silithid.

- After a series of battles Stormwind falls and surviviors flee to Ironforge. Bolvar remains in hiding. Ironforge is sealed and only other Dwarves would know how to enter.

- Forsaken expect aid from Silvermoon to fight the Plaguelands, though Silvermoon City is destroyed by Ulduel and Yogg-Saron's powers are replenished in the Sunwell. His full form is summoned into the world.

- Magister Rommath and Falivan Furywing lead Blood Elven surviviors to Eldre'thalas and reclaim it.

- Grok, a Stonemaul ogre, rises to Chief of the Stonemaul Clan. He begins warring other Ogres for control.

- Most settlements in Outlands are now very discreet.

- Med'an Halforcen, Warchief Thrall, and many others assault Hellfire Citadel with a very large army, though they are unsuccessful and captured. They are placed in anti-magic prisons. Garrosh Hellscream takes temporary leader of the Horde.

- The Silithid grow stronger, many of the leaders of Kalimdor go down to Silithus.

- The Forsaken finally get the funds to attack the Plaguelands with the Argent Crusade's in the Plaguelands and retake Andorhal, gaining a foothold in the Western Plaguelands. The Forsaken go into defensive mode and begin to heavily reinforce their borders and begin to fade out of the action.

- The Silithid attacks again but the forces of Kalimdor are ready, the defense is won but many notable figures are captured.

- Thane Falstad Wildhammer begins to support his Ironforge brethren.

- Grok unites a large portion of the ogre clans and unites them under a single banner. Grok creates the Ogre Horde, though other powerful clans reject this alliance and try to war against Grok and the Bladespire Alliance is formed.

- The Kathudrashi Empire is formed, they win numerous battles. The Scourge pulls back from the Eastern Kingdoms to help against the Kathudrashi Empire.

- King Rastakhan calls all the troll leaders of the world and create the Zandalar Union to fight the Kathudrashi Empire.

- Zaron gathers his titanic brothers and sisters and begins the Great Purging of Azeroth.

- Northrend becomes a total warzone, the Alliance and Horde pull back completely from it.

- The Burning Legion storms through the Dark Portal and fight the Scourge there.

- War in Silithus rages on, the remaining cartels join the Horde, if theres anything that the Goblins cared more about that money, it was their own lives.

- The slowest loader finishes loading and the game begins.

Last edited:
Level 35
The Night was dark and stormy, similar to one years ago. King Varian Wyrnn fell asleep on his throne, it was a very long day. There was a celebration of Deathwing's defeat world-wide. The Horde and Alliance finally learned to settle their differences, at least for the time being.

Just going to fix it up slightly (mainly for the story telling part). Would make more sense like this;

It was a dark and stormy night, the wind was howling in its hunt around the castles walls' - It was all so similar to the night one years ago.
King Varian Wyrnn had fallen asleep on his throne, with his crown covering the eyes. It had been a very long day with a lot of major events, all thanks to the world wide celebration of Deathwing's defeat. The Horde and Alliance had finally learned to settle their differences and made peace, at least for the time being.

Last edited:
Level 35
The Lich King pushed himself off the spike with his remaining strength. He held his stomach and slid off the spike, grabbing Frostmourne. He quickly called forth his necromancers to mend him, and they dragged him to the Halls of Reflections, the Lich Kings private chambers. There, he sat upon the Shadow Throne, a darker replica of the Lordaeron Throne room. He began to think, think thoughts of hatred. Think thoughts of denial. Think thoughts of the new age of Azeroth that would soon come.

Haha I love reading this :smile: Not only because its rather interesting, but also because of the minor mistakes you make sometimes.

Like when you say his sitting on a replica of the throne room, yea that would be awesome.. his not using a throne to sit on - his using a whole room!

Nah anyway, I would write it like this (and yea I haven't read it all yet.. might do at some point). (And yes again its only about the story telling)

The Lich King's hand grabbed closely around the spike that had impaled him and with a final push of his remaining strength, he managed to lift himself from the spike. Clenching his hand in front of the hole in his stomach, he slid down from the spike and picked up Frostmourn, holding it tightly in his armored hand. When he hit the ground he quickly summoned forth his necromancers to mend him together and they dragged him to the Halls of Reflections, the Lich Kings private chambers.
There, he sat upon the Shadow Throne, a dark replica of the Lordaeron Throne he himself dreamed of claiming as his own. He began to indulging himself in thoughts of hatred, think thoughts of denial. An began his planning of the new age of Azeroth that was soon to become.

Yea - I kept to your basic and only added the part of him wanting the claim the Lordaeron throne, feel free to remove it :wink:

Level 35
the shadow throne is actually the name of the room, just like how the frozen throne is the name of the actual throne AND platform.

Thats what I mean when I talk about a general error. Its called a throne room if it is a throne and a room (with the throne in it of course :wink:).

But the frozen throne is something else... the entire platform is a part of the throne so those things can't really be compared. Its not like the mountain around him belongs to it though and that would be the frozen throne's throne room.

So again I get why you wrote it, but logical speaking it would make more sense to either talk about a throne or a throne room.

Still curios why copyrights were mentioned...

Level 17
The Apocalypse Part I is slightly odd. Wouldn't they be a little more... organized and a little disorganized? What I mean is, Sylvanas fueled by vengeance and Jaina is fueled by her desire to release Arthas. Tirion Fordring would also be like Sylvanas, but in a righteous way. You need to think about there personalities. For example, the paralyzing arrow Sylvanas used before Arthas become the Lich King.

Level 16
Undeadsbane was a little cliche for a sword's name. Something like Deadsbane, Duskbane, or Duskbreaker might be more appealing as a name (Ashbreaker is a cool name in my opinion). Also LOL at the last part of Lore (The slowest loader finishes loading and the game begins). Also, you forgot the events regarding Gilneas and the Worgen.

Level 31
oh, yea, thanks, added

also, a fact that a lot of people need to know.

Worgen are BORN worgen, just like humans are born humans. The Gilnean Worgen arn't true Worgen, they're infected by a curse that Arugal was making to turn humans into Worgen, so the worgen in SFK and Grizzly Hills are true Worgen, the ones you play are merely Gilnean citizens.

Level 11
the world "Bane" is use too often in items. the name "Frostmourne" was epic, never was a name like that, then they made shadwomourne that made me facepalm. We need something more origonal.

Death's Fear
Edge of Sickness (Rawrrawr Down with the sickness!)
Deathpurge
Iunno, but origonality really makes an item sound awsome.

Level 8
"The decaying rock" for a mace ^^ but you need one for a sword so i would say hmm...
"The shadow cleaver"

Status
Not open for further replies.