• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Vrykul models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Vrykul1 - The Unofficial WoW Gallery Some of you might have seen them already. Makes me abit sad looking at these and then the current Human models. I just wish these were made an option for humans but I seriously doubt it.

Also the ending quest of the Death Knight starter area:
http://vimeo.com/1368754

Also turns out that Highlord Darion Mograine, second son of Mograine (most likely the one who was supposed to be in Outland) and the leader of the Death Knights, mysteriously possesses the Corrupted Ashbringer. Anyways he and his Death Knights get "betrayed" by the Lich King. The Death Knights and some scourge were supposed to attack Light's Hope Chapel where there were 300 (hehheh) Defenders of the Light against them. After 100 died Tirion Fordring appears and defeats Darion. He then shows Darion an image of his father, trying to turn Darion back to the good side.

Lich King appears and attacks Tirion. The Lich King overpowers him and begins to absorb his soul or something. Darion throws the Ashbringer to Darion and the Ashbringer is cleansed. Tirion forces the Lich King to flee. Then Tirion merges the Agent Dawn and the Knights of the Silver Hand into Argent Crusade. Tirion announces that their mission is to kill the Lich King and Darion swears to join Tirion's side with his Death Knights.

So much for getting our legendary Ashbringer, eh? Guess Blizzard ret-conned the whole find the 2nd son and forge the Ashbringer anew.

Level 13
Wow.. That answers so many questions. But the random apperance of the Lich King is a bit weird.
The whole plot of the Death Knight starting area is that the Scourge (the DK are part of the scourge in the starting area) lead by the Lich King are attacking Eastern Plaguelands, if I remember correct, to effectively cripple the Scarlet Crusade. Most of the quests are about destroying the Scarlet Crusade. The Lich King is in the Acherus: The Ebon Hold (Death Knight Capital, similar to Shattrath I think) commanding the Scourge forces from there.

After the Scarlet Crusade is severely crippled High General Abbendis (she is alive and geared it Tier 6 warrior set :p) announces that the Scarlet Crusade shall now be the Scarlet Onslaught and they withdraw and instead decide to strike straight into Northrend instead.

This now leaves one final objective for the Death Knight players; take out Light's Hope Chapel. I'm not 100% sure but the main reason for it was to draw Tirion out so that Arthas could kill him or something like that, since the Lich King (according to the dialogue in the video) was very interesting in killing Tirion and sent the Death Knights to their doom.

So I guess the Lich King was there to take out the Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn, or then just doing a general evil plot to take over the world.

Anyway, the Death Knight starting area is a whole seperate (instanced) version of Eastern Plaguelands set in the past, so no players other than the Death Knights may enter it and after the final quest the Death Knights leave it forever. There is also 2 seperate versions of the DK area. The only difference between these are that the other is Alliance only and the other Horde only.

After you do the final quest the story skips to the present and now you are in the "real" world where all the players are. The Ebon Hold is a neutral sanctuary, meaning no PvP inside. The effects you caused on Eastern Plaguelands through quests in the starting area is visible in the "real world", for example New Avalon is supposedly ruined. Death Knights also have a spell called Death Gate which allows them to teleport back to Acherus: The Ebon Hold.

http://deathknight.info/ is a great place to find out more, especially the forums.

This thread gives a longer explanation on the starting area: http://deathknight.info/forum/index.php?topic=1663.0

Level 17
I don't want to see how it looks when WotLK is launched, in EPL that is.

It's probably worse than Isle of Quel'Danas when it was introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.