• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Age of Chaos [Open-ish Beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Foreword

Hello Hivers, I am finally glad and happy to be able to release a project on this website! For those of you who followed my previous Second War/Warcraft II project, this is a fairly similar one in a sense, but very different in another, this will explained later on. I have stated the beta is open-ish because while I do not plan to release any maps yet, upon request I will send you a link to the current map and you will be able to test it/ play it. We are currently hosting this beta on U.S. East numerous times during the weekend but usually is packed. All in all I am happy to present this to you, and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Introduction

From the lush and vast forests of the tranquil lands of Quel'Thalas to the dangerous yet exotic sands of Stranglethorn and even to the reddish and hellish planet of Draenor, Warcraft Age of Chaos, will allow you to explore a world full of troubles, deceit, treachery and most importantly, war. Welcome to the art of Warcraft, this is the Age of Chaos.

Warcraft Age of Chaos is a unique blend of Strategy and Role Play, intended to be played in both ways, but can simply be played respectively alone. Most ask, "What is this Strategy-RP you speak off?" and the answer is; Strategy Role Play is a unique experience of your classic RTS build-em-up game combined with Role Playing experiences where you RP not as a single character, but as an entire nation. Although Azeroth Wars, Dark Ages of Warcraft and even sometimes Risks can be role playable, they lack the uniqueness of role play because they focus on the strategic side of the map (understandable since after all, it wasn't intended to be role playable). What Warcraft Age of Chaos does is combine features from well known and loved maps such as Azeroth Wars, WoW Risk and the SotDRP series and place them all into a single map (with my own unique features of course), Warcraft Age of Chaos.

As implied in the title, the map will feature in the Age of Chaos timeline, mainly focusing on the early stage of this Chaotic Age, the First and Second Wars, with brief features from the Third. Currently the map is only orientated with these sections but will expand into the Lands of Conflicts and the Cataclysm granting experiences from all the Blizzard games set in the Warcraft World.

I would like to thank Priwin for allowing me to use his basic Eastern Kingdoms terrain to base my map upon and expand it from there and Avrion himself for making it for Priwin. I would like to thank all of Clan xAGx for helping me test the map and all the modders, skinners, iconners and ideas men from both the Hive and Warcraft 3.

Gameplay

Warcraft Age of Chaos features a mix between Strategy Building games and Risk games. As such, bases are build-able from Build Plots which any race and take over and build their own cities in the place of former echelons and train their soldiers, but there are no worker units (which in my opinion, ruins the atmosphere).

Your main income source comes from your major -named- cities but also from Fortified Keeps, small towns and natural resources such as Oil Fields. Income is used to construct mighty defences or mighty armies.

Another feature of this map is the fact that Player 1 (Host) is also the DM/GM (Dungeon Master/Game Master) who controls events, income and many other things, allowing the game master to orientate the game in any direction he or she wants. The game master is responsible for ensuring role play goes as planned, handing out custom/player made events or pre-made events by myself and giving heroes and land fairly to suit the scenario the game master wishes to play.

Units/Heroes

{Section is still being worked upon, look here in the future for more information.}

Screenshots

141947-albums5139-picture52027.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52017.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52018.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52019.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52020.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52021.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52022.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52023.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52024.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52025.jpg

141947-albums5139-picture52026.jpg

Level 8
Darklycan: Those aren't region CP's, they are built plots, which function the same way as CP's in that they give income to the player but can also build some basic race units such as Wild Worgens and Militia.

thekebecer: Before the Mid Third War Lordaeron was very much alive which is why it looks that way now. Your probably thinking of WoW Lordaeron which is very dead.

Level 2
O: That the redone terrain for outland, mang?
Or is the current one the redone one?
Questions, questions!
-CatIIV

Level 8
thekebecer: Kalimdor is not included neither is Northrend or any thing that wasn't really featured after in WC2 or WC1 time periods.

Lord Cat: Good to see that your on the hive :D Yes that is the new terrain for Draenor I hope you like it :p

Level 2
Suggestions or something-
Shrine of Ula'Tek should be a named building.
The circle right beneath Khanaros (south of ironforge) should be a stronghold controlled by frost-mane tribe
Greymane Manor should be a named building (for Crowley Rebellions)
Honor Hold should be named and switch between human and orc.
Shattarath City should be named and produce drenaeri but can switch to orc.
Auchidon should produce drenaeri with the capability of going orc.

Level 6
Wow, such a huge map and yet so much detail in the environment.
It's not magnificent, but really good enough, I can imagine you having worked a lot on the terrain :p
And yes, finally someone who has posted millions of screenshots to attract some users, not just text.
I'm following this ;)

If you had read the text you'd know that he didn't do the terrain:p

Level 8
Ashbringer: First off, in WoW geography mountains are tight like that to narrow entrance points into other regions and it serves well in strategy games as well because it allows for choke points. Also, Draenor is very much alive it is only Hellfire Peninsula which has been corrupted by the powers of the warlocks (this happened pre-first war).

Vengeancekael: I have indeed worked long on the terrain because when it was first given to me it lacked many things and was rather unfitting for a First-Second war map, and I'm glad to see you following this page ^^

Ashbringer (again): I did do a lot of the terrain as stated above, I basically made entire new regions (Kul Tiras, Balor, Gilneas, the islands in Baradin Bay, Draenor) that were not in the map before and redid all the cities as well as made Lordaeron make to life.

Thank you all for your comments, I hope to post some new pics soon.

Level 2
Oh, yeah.

Oshu'Gan is the ship that the drenari crashed in, so that should be Mag'har Shamans + Mag'har + Drenari.

Last edited:
Level 6
Ashbringer: First off, in WoW geography mountains are tight like that to narrow entrance points into other regions and it serves well in strategy games as well because it allows for choke points. Also, Draenor is very much alive it is only Hellfire Peninsula which has been corrupted by the powers of the warlocks (this happened pre-first war).

Vengeancekael: I have indeed worked long on the terrain because when it was first given to me it lacked many things and was rather unfitting for a First-Second war map, and I'm glad to see you following this page ^^

Ashbringer (again): I did do a lot of the terrain as stated above, I basically made entire new regions (Kul Tiras, Balor, Gilneas, the islands in Baradin Bay, Draenor) that were not in the map before and redid all the cities as well as made Lordaeron make to life.

Thank you all for your comments, I hope to post some new pics soon.

Wow sry man i didn't know, but take my words into consideration, I've played AW for three years,widen some areas.
good luck for the rest of the project :)

Btw what is that island next to elwynn forest??

Level 2
it's balor, defias fortress after second war and orc fortress after being seiged in the early first war.

Level 8
Yeah I'm getting new terrain for the entire map now so that areas are bigger and I'm considering making it more AW styled so that buildings can built via build plots.

About Balor, there is no evidence that the Defias control it (which wouldn't make much sense since Defias pre-cata had basically no navy but where building one). I'd think its either an alliance stronghold, abandonded (maybe orc spirits) or pirate. I'm guessing a wow expansion set in the south seas will answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.