• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
guys if the reason why your not doing the specified resources is because of the coders, dont worry it wouldn't be hard. dialogs are player based so you can show it to some players. each player could have a different UI. I did like the idea of the Specified resources for elite units and such. These resources should only be gatherable in small limited quantities. Or is the idea completely out?

Level 20
guys if the reason why your not doing the specified resources is because of the coders, dont worry it wouldn't be hard. dialogs are player based so you can show it to some players. each player could have a different UI. I did like the idea of the Specified resources for elite units and such. These resources should only be gatherable in small limited quantities. Or is the idea completely out?

We are still developing the idea, me and Fulla are deep into a promising discussion, I will update shortly.

@ Jokemaster: Sorry ranged/headhunter/melee typical unit, as for the skins it's a warcraft 3 troll just with sc2 visuals/graphics ;)

Ehm... animations, leave that for now, your not ready yet anyway right!? :eek:

Ok, Guys, i'm gonna read up. most of these decisions may have been made WITHOUT Admin input so stand by.

{EDIT}
Ok... adding four ppl to the list...

If your making models, make sure that they are .m3 people.

Grey, i do belive you the the WRITING Director. Get YOUR peeps moving.

Teeuncreamers: You are now Terrain Director.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
Yeah, sure... Although as Fulla pointed out the campaign/in-depth plot is the last of our worries, so it'll probably more tooltip/loading screen/description based etc

DIRECTOR NOTICE: I would like to request the following team members contact details...

-> Mare

-> Masiah

-> Reaper51

~ If I missed any writers, please PM me.

Level 15
also other than the UI what should i program? I prefer to work on 2 things at once so if i get a block in one of them i work on the other while thinking about the first one :)

Hmm for the UI im gonna need some art. I might as well do it now since im gonna have to redo the UI if i get it later.
The borders for everything and such.
TWIF has the UI how it should look so we need to discuss this before i move on with the UI.
Also will be needing images for Gold, Wood, and any other resource we are doing. As well as buttons for various things that will come.

Last edited:
Level 20
What do you want me to draw as concept art?

Yeah, we could do with some artwork for the moddb page.

I'll let your imagination flow on this one, ideas:

A battle: Orcs VS Human etc....

A Human Footman

An Orc Grunt

Thrall

A Human Remnant (Rag-tag farmer/warrior)

But really anything 'warcraft' will do... not wow.

----- Make it a 'gritty' realistic style, not cartoon like.

:smile: Cheers, any queries - please speak up.

Level 12
Data Editor is probably the hardest possible thing in galaxy editor, and it will cause alot of frustation. My advice is to train with it before going for any bigger projects.

I'll leave the decision to grey/TWIF

EDIT: oh and I don't see any reasons why not join as a brainstormer (ill leave that to grey/TWIF aswell)

Level 20
Director Update: Ok here's the situation with moddb; They have yet to review the main 'mod' and rejected our first article for a variety of reasons, which I won't bore you with here. We have spoken to a representative and are getting both the mod and a new 'announcement article' moderated within the next couple of days.

I will post as and when I have more details but for now the page is off limits.

We have added some photos up, though I doubt they are of little interest to the hive, just some terrain shots to 'showcase' the GE's power, I'll link em' up if anyone is interested, although I seriously doubt this.

Writing/Moddb Plans

-> I am currently writing a short narrative about the events between Illidan's defeat and his current position at the start of Warcraft IV, this should be complete by next weekend.

-> Me and real plan to upload some videos and images of various system prototypes and UI, as and when possible (hopefully 1-2 weeks), however this is really only doable on moddb (videos) so we'll see how that goes.

~ RECRUITMENT NOTICE ~

Well spoken, grammatically correct and imaginative permanent post writers are required.
Private message me if you're interested, but I jest not when I say you will be tested and most likely declined.

Ok, after 2 hours of searching the web for decent referential material and concepts of Blizzard's top artists I came up with a 2 hour work on my first model for WC4 SC2:
some crits plz :

9757-albums3261-picture28303.png

T.

Level 20
Love it + rep

I know nothing about modelling, so no crit :)

edit: owe you rep, can't give again yet sorry

{EDIT}
~ http://www.moddb.com/news/warcraft-iv-
starcraft-ii

At long last we are authorised over at moddb, what are you waiting for? Go check it out!

Sadly our announcement article didn't make the front, I will see about editing and resubmitting one last time, this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Entry to become a writer, I thought it would be interesting to show.

Arthas looked at the body on the ground and spit on it.
‘’Weakling..’’ he mumbled as he turned away from Illidan’s body.
He looked up and saw the massive mountain where the Lich King was imprisoned in.
Leaving Illidan behind, he entered the mountain and followed the stairs…
He knew what he had to do, freeing the Lich King. He had to become the most dreaded person on Azeroth itself.
Then, the voices appeared, of Muradin, of his father, of Uther. They haunted him, filling his head with quotes and messages from the past.
For a moment he stopped.
Could he return now? Could he simply go back? Should he give the spirits peace?
He looked up at the massive Frozen Throne that could be seen from his position.
And suddenly he was reminded again of why he was here, what he would do.
He ignored their voices and walked on, on the stairway.
The voices kept getting stronger and louder, booming and powerful.
However, even they couldn’t stop Arthas as he kept walking, never stopping.
Finally, he stood in front of the Frozen Throne. It looked massive and from an other world.
Then, the voice of Ner’zhul overpowered the other voices, and the earth shook for a moment, and even outside the Frozen Throne it could be heard and felt.
‘’Release me from my prison!’’ boomed the voice.
Arthas unsheathed Frostmourne and looked at the block of ice.
Then, with all his power, he swung Frostmourne against the Frozen Throne and it shattered into thousand and one pieces, all spread across the floor!
The armour of the Lich King rolled over the floor, but Arthas only picked up the helmet.
He held it above his head and closed his eyes as he put it on.
Once more, the great voice boomed; ‘’Now we are one!’’
The earth started to shake as he performed this action and the great mountain where the Lich King was imprisoned in started to collapse! Large blocks of stone started to fall and nobody could stop it. The Lich King opened his eyes and they were completely icy, unnatural and evil.
However, there was more…

In the mind of the Lich King two figures appeared, one of an Orc, and Arthas.
The Orc raised his hands and smiled, shouting; ‘’Now we are one! With your warrior skills and your body and with my intelligence we can become the mightiest of all Gods who lived on Azeroth! We shall destroy this world and become eternal rulers!’’
Arthas grinned and shook his head.
‘’You are wrong, Ner’zhul, because you see…’’
‘’We aren’t one, I am one!” he said as he swung Frostmourne into the image of the Orc, banishing him to the darkest depths of death itself, the element that Ner’zhul had mastered himself…

nice and high poly, just the way sc2 likes it! rep has been awarded!

BTW: is that a peon?

Peon, not really, I based is head on the almighty thrall ( concept from that huge poster a while back )

it is more the base for all orcs that I'll be doing, even the chaos orcs or whatever :)

thnx you guys like it
If, when I finish the base, it comes out to high of the polys, I'll reduce it so it fits the SC2 engine,

on the other hand, if it is between 1K and 3K I believe it is ok since the Thor model is up to 8K so...

... to be continued

T.

ADMIN:

TEAM:

Ampharos is joining the team as a 2d artist, you may have noticed hs post.

Taylor, Sc2 model average 1200-2000 polies and go up to 8000, so i would like the models to be at LEAST 1200 or more polies (no need to skimp on details in sc2.)

Demons the first race we are going to tackle, but i love that orc as a proof of concept. Taylor, can grey use it on our Moddb page?

Demons:
First race for a number of reasons:
1. they are going to be the first campaign.
2. they are brand-spanking new.
3. they are freakin' cool.

So i need somone to outline the 'what happened' history. for me, I'll make the adjustments, and we can move on.

ADMIN:

King:
Acually, so was I, and i did notice the benefits to staying, but thee team here agrees that if its going to be wc4, then it has too look and feel much different that wc3, and use all of the AMAZING features of the galaxy editor.

Real:
What i meant, is: Is the UI animated? or is it just an Superimposed image? Probably the latter, well... anyway, i suggest you contact ampharos or bounty about the UI as they are the artists...

Level 20
Hey guys, just got in - Will update the moddb page with Taylor's amazing WIP and try to get the announcement article on the front page.

35 views today alone! It may not seem like a lot, but it all adds up.

EDIT: The article is now under-going resubmission although you can still access the moddb page (46 views).

~ TWIF has pumped out a new logo, using it on both the thread and moddb page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.