• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, kola good to have you, well add you in the coming update.

Taylor, go at your pace. Glad to hear you had a nice day! Feel free to be failry relaxed up until the games accual release.

Technically, we are getting a 2 months head start people, so no real reason to feel like heavy work sould begin. BUT, WE MUST REMAIN ACTIVE, especially during exam times.

Concerning monetary reward for this project. I have come across a few options. depending on the popularity of this project.

1. Nothing at all

2. The game, and all expansions.

3. Free for melee. But low cost for expansions, such as campaings.

4. Some other form? suggest one?

This is somthing we seriously want to consider NOW and in the future.

Level 13
I don't need to join to say, "Count me out."

Also I vote for free all the way if you care. Forcing people to pay is douchebaggery, use a donation system.

Level 10
I don't need to join to say, "Count me out."

Also I vote for free all the way if you care. Forcing people to pay is douchebaggery, use a donation system.

I agree (although maybe not so strongly) I feel forcing people to pay is a little much, but maybe urging a donation system would be better.

For the time being, I vote for free all the way until this project gets bigger.

Edit: Perhaps, after we get the main campaigns and stuff out, extra campaigns could be a "donate and gain access" sort of thing? thoughts?

Open to consideration, (this vote is only for team members)

The reason this has come up, is that a massive project. years of work. i don't consider 1-5$ for a campagin to be a large amount. it would be douchbeggery to consider that somone who spends such a long time, and pours so much effort into somthing, would NOT appreciate a return. But.... it need nt be a rediculous sum.

But again, a donate system works. its really up to the team, but this is not going to be a difinative vote.

Level 5
Make the mod with the entire races and the campaigns free to download.
Add the option of a voluntary donation to the team.
Create some premium content that you must pay to get, like videogame DLC's, wich are optional to the main game and campaign but add side missions, like the past of the demon hero or something like that, and melee maps with more awesome terrain, for example.

This way, the people who wants the mod, the campaign and the option to play melee with the new races can do so for free, while those who want to voluntarily donate to the team for its job can also do so, and those who want something in exchange for their money will get it.

Level 20
You know my views on the matter twif, completely free unless blizzard have anythig to do with, being called what it is, wouldn't surprise me -.-

donations are a fine idea, but let's get somewhere before discussing prices again :) ? People might change their mind depending on how hard/long it really will take in the end.

Level 13
How about starting the project before discussing a price for it?

And since when is it legally allowed to sell Blizzard's property to other users?

Level 5
Btw, as Masiah says, Warcraft is under Blizzard's copyright. If we can ask money for something based on WarCraft will depend on the EULA of the Blizzard online "map market" service.
Anyway, I hope the project continues with money or without it >:)

Level 20
Noticed we were low on self-made concept art... whipped this up, still a WIP (More highlighting/shading + wings/legs etc...)

It's the 'fire imp' (Fyrsprites), a 1st tier demon unit.

Feedback please :) Good and Bad. Btw, I know the face is a bit weird, might redo that completely...

Attachments

• IMG_0065[1].JPG
    IMG_0065[1].JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0064[1].JPG
    IMG_0064[1].JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0058[1].JPG
    IMG_0058[1].JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0053[1].JPG
    IMG_0053[1].JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 131
Level 13
The Arthas betraying Ner'zhul thing is completely illogical. Ner'zhul essentially has complete control over Arthas' mind and is also many, MANY times stronger.

Last edited:
Mmm, you do know, when defeating the lich king ( in WoW ) the spirit of Arthas is released and his father takes him to the spirit world, and it is Bolvar Fordragon that takes over the role of Lich King imprisoning the Lich King back into the Icecrown Citadel after the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate.

Oh, and by the way, it was Arthas that had the upper hand in the merge between Ner'zul and him

T.

Level 5
Ner'Zhul choose Arthas for his personality, position and potential and then used Mal'Ganis to turn his personality and feelings against his training as a Paladin. Ner'Zhul has no control over Arthas until he gets the Frostmourne, and after that the only thing that Ner'Zhul changes inside Arthas is his point of view so he considers the living beings as enemies and Ner'Zhul as the emotional equal to the father Arthas killed himself. The character and personality of Arthas is his own. I think that's an important point about Arthas.
When Arthas merged with Ner'Zhul, their minds and personalities merged too, so there's no more Ner'Zhul and no more Arthas, only The Lich King. None of them have any more power than the other and none of them controls the other since none of them exists as individuals anymore.

@Taylor Mouse: I think the mod follows the history from the end of WC3, ignoring WoW lore (wich I dislike, btw).

Level 31
i would follow the history of Wow, or continue it, i wouldnt start from wc3 cuz blizzard started from wc3 to continue it in Wow, so the real history is now in wow (Wow = Wc3, so why making a new history). i dont understand why u try to make a false history, anyway.

maybe its a good idea too, to make a false history.

The reason, kola, is that:

1. blizzard stated that if they made wc4, the would ignore wow lore.

2. Wow lore is horrendous and morphed to fit an mmo, completely incompatible and rediculous. heroes coming to kill arthas every day?

3. its hard to deal with and doesent fit a rts.

4. if we continued wow lore we would have to scrap everything so far

5. wow lore is still continuing, and we cant work on wc4 until wow is done

6. if we tried to make wc4 based off of wow, all units would have to be heroes, there would be no bl, there would be no rts strategy or campgains.

7. we are aiming at wc3 players. that have never played wow and dont want to.

8. -.-

Hope that cleared things up for you.

Level 10
Let's take Illidan as example.

Count an adventurer as a footman.
Maiev and Akama level 10.

Like, twenty footmen with two heroes of level 10 against one hero of level 20.

That's not the point, (and I think Illidan would kick their ass :grin:) the point is that Blizzard killed off main characters in WoW lore to fit an MMO style game. Most people don't like the LORE (not the gameplay) as much as WC3 lore, so we are ignoring WoW Lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.