• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
i Wanted to make concept art for every Symbol. (like One for alliance, one for horde, bla bla,) You know, if u played wow, in Human city, there is blue flag with lion on it, maybe we could make this for all races. The symbol.

Anyway, i wanted to make a demonic hand for demons but its ended that i made it to complicate to be a symbol and made an altar with it.

i will maybe make symbols but here is a concept art for a Demonic altar of hero.

attachment.php

what u think?

Attachments

• Demon_Altar_Concept.png
    Demon_Altar_Concept.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 187
Level 12
Want to apply to be in the team as a Voice Actor (and more if I'm taught)

Qualifications:

- Free time

- Good voice (and the only voice actor around here it seems lol)

- Determined (sorry for the tipo, I was too happy LOL)

And whatever. Ahn... and helpful. And.. well, Grey Nightmare knows a lot about me, so he should know :B

Last edited:
Level 5
I think the demon's "Rift" (town hall) should be fixed, unable to move, as a dimensional rift is a crack in space that would connect Azeroth with a world under the legion's control. A rift that moves through space would be like a rip that moves through a shirt.
The secondary buildings could be some kind of dimensional energy entity that is controled by the demons through magical artifacts and runes (also, I prefer the idea of a demon culture full of magic and superstition than the techno-demi-steampunk approach they take in WoW's outlands), using different artifacts and runes to transform the entities into different things (one of the ultimate units from the demons could be a secondary building transformed into a magical killing machine). Every time one of these secondary unit-buildings passes through the Rift, the crack becomes bigger, making it possible to upgrade it from a "Rift" to "Demonic Waygate" and from that to "Dark Portal" (or something like that, so the demons would have the two town hall upgrades), being the Demonic Waygate and the Dark Portal able to create adittional Rifts through the use of a great quantity of mana.

Level 27
Where are you going to get the models from? Made from scratch or based off warcraft 3 models or something because from scratch would mean so much freaking work i would see this fail because of the amount of time it's going to take >.<

Not to spoil the fun and all =p

Level 2
Greetings

This project is very relevant to my interests.

I must say I've never been an active user around this forum. Neither have I ever submitted anything. This may pose the question of what I have to offer to help with your project.

I am an artist in most trades. That is, I can assist in the creation of models, skins, concept art and the like. While I am no professional, I do believe I am potent enough to aid you in this project.
I do however see that you desire only qualified individuals. I'll let you be the judge of things.

I know I can gain alot from this project of yours; I already planned out to remake many Warcraft III units as SC2 quality models after I started learning 3D this year, which I do believe I have progressed at very quickly. I also have a strong interest to learn more of the coding used in the Galaxy Editor, so that I may continue to develop maps for SC2 myself in the future.
With this, I will gain two types of experience very relevant to my education as a game developer.
I sincerely hope you will gain as much of me as I will of you.

That is, of course, if you accept me.
It matters not if you delay your answer, as busy times are inevitably closing in on many of us still schooled.
If you are interested in my aid, please do not hesitate to mail me at [email protected] (as I am mostly inactive on this forum - of course, this is subject to change).
If you wish, I will supply you with a few examples of my work, although I would personally prefer if you assigned me to make something new, that way I will will both gain experience and perhaps even a finished product, or a head start.

If you do not need my help at this time, I understand. I still plan to begin my project of remaking WC3 units, and these will be of free use to you if you wish.
If you instead become interested at a later point, I will likely still assist you.

A few end notes:
- I may take a few liberties in modelling. If required, I can edit the models as desired to fit the project.
- I am probably best at raw concepts and models themselves. I still need to learn more about rigging, and my abilities of making textures might be lacking. Of course, other artists can aid in this.
- Please do not overlook my interest in scipting. Even if it does not end up being part of the project, I am very interested in learning some basics to get me started.
- Eventually, anything in my interest I will learn, with or without tutoring. Everything stated here is included.
- I am not normally so formal. However my interest is strong; it is just what I need to get myself motivated. :)
- I find SC2 to lack the atmosphere, and of course sheer number of units that WC3 has. I'm guessing many of you agree.

With that, I hope that we'll stay in touch...

Level 20
Very nice, formal application. You do sound very interested however...

We will definitely need to see some examples and TWIF (Admin) may require you to get a CCP first. If your as qualified as you make yourself out to be, you may get an exception.

You must also prove that you can and will be active, this is a long road were heading down - we can't afford to cater for the slow.

Let's hope your as talented as you say you are :)

--> Fyrsprite Concept Art update: Completely redid the shape of the face, I'm much happier with it this time round, I'm also recolouring it a lot darker - but keeping the general shape/outline. Still a lot more to do, but am I heading in the right direction?

EDIT: Previous Fyrsprite photo, for comparison purposes, here.

Attachments

• IMG_0075[1].JPG
    IMG_0075[1].JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 166
Level 20
Ok, I'm going to bed but seeing as we will crest a whopping 10k views before I wake again I will release the placeholder website m, twif and turminator have worked on, artwork by kola and pangahas is also present as are some of taylors work and the writers lore.

It's far from finished, but each page/layout should remain but more content will be added e.g the rest of the racial info.

It's not much but I hope it'll do until I learn more HTML/css/java or bag a copy of flash or similar.

Enjoy... Www.wc4sc2.tk

feedback on the site comment box @ the contact page please.

Level 11
Today is a new day, dawn of the wc4 concepting stage, today the project officially begins. Be active and post, visit out sites, and join our dev chat!

Today is the day you prove yourselves active!
Today is the day that basic concepts of the game will be debated!
Today WC4 Lives!

Level 20
Ok, we have forums, there is next to nothing there atm, but I would like all Team Members at the very least to sign up (So I can set all your permissions/administration, bla bla bla...) - as we plan to do private discussion there, rather than msn all the time, thanks.

You can access through our site: http://www.wc4sc2.tk

Links are on the home and index page.

~ Cheers,

Grey

Anyone else, don't worry were not going to post in this thread/at the hiveworkshop any less, feel free to sign up yourselves, ready for when we add more threads/sections (hopefully before the end of the week/maybe even today) but I doubt you'll feel the need/desire.

Level 13
Registered.

And I demand something to do, as I will probably disappear for a couple of weeks until my exams are over (last one on June 18th).

Status
Not open for further replies.