• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 Officially anounced by Blizzard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
April 1, 2007
Blizzard Announces Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth!

A new world of Warcraft awaits you in Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth! After the real-time strategy classics StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War, this bold new project marks a long-awaited return to the genre. In Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth, you can experience the lands of Azeroth and Outland from an all-new perspective, and take control of your favorite heroes, units, and buildings of World of Warcraft. In addition, you will witness a never-before-seen slice of the Warcraft timeline, such as the turbulent years just prior to the formation of the Alliance and the new Horde! Take a closer look on the new official Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth website!

--

Check out the site.

Level 9
ok...i will edit my sig...

BTW-i didnt say its not funny...infact if that would happen it would be even more funny...

The Wow geeks are guaranteed to go "WOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THEY MADE A NOTHER WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME!"

And everyone here knows its a joke, so theres no reason to try and fool people by going along. You can't spoil something like this on a warcraft 3 modding community.

Oh, and it totally messes with the WoW players, saying they clearly missed something.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
HAY that game looks exactly like WC3, wait it is wc3, right down to the requirements. As if someone could be fooled by thoes requirements, 800 MHZ for a modern game? impossiable, atleast 3GHZ. As for graphics, all modern games need DX9+ with SM2+ support, not a 8MB of GRAM card.
Also this is probably an aprils fool joke, it has to be.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Some WoW players might have been convinced.

But of course for people who already played Warcraft III it was obvious. Well, for me, it was a bit weird. I was like: "...Right... this has Warcraft 3 screenshots... or am I just too blind to see any new graphics?" but then, there was a screenshot of the Human vs Orc mission, in which you have to kill the Blademaster.

Well, they could have at least mentioned the dying Warcraft III, so that some people would actually begin coming back to War3. And put it back to stores, of course <.<

Level 8
Heh, when I was scrolling through it, I was a little confused, then I saw "Featuring an all new top-down view for improved gameplay!" Then I looked at the release date. I got one kid on a chatroom with it. He was like, "OmFGFZROZ! 111!!! I"M SO GUNA GO PREORDER DIS!!!!!!"

Level 4
ya u get to play a role in the burning of Stratholme... im sure you did in WC3, werent you Arthas. lol, Didnt Blizzard do that with StarCraft 2? lol but ya there will soon be a WC4 and a SC2 dont worry but be sure to read the date especially if were in APRIL lol

Level 8
Sc2.. would pwn, zerglings with protoss sheilds, burrowing zealots. An expansion on that whole "secret mission" of the zerg-protoss hybrids would be awsome.

Level 9
Go Blizzard!

I would love any Blizzard RTS!
But please no more rpgs or mmorpg updates... If they make diablo 3 i'll buy it, play it, but not love it!
Starcraft or Warcraft it doesnt matter as long as its a RTS!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Same engine is better in my opinion. Or at least small amounts of units like in Battle for Middle Earth 1 which is like 5/10 per group. In BFME II there are usually 15/20 per battalion.
Anyway, the unit system of Warcraft III is ok. They could develop 4 different races, but will they be able to add at least one more?

Level 8
Please, that would be awsome, something like the outland demons as a race (as those are the only un-claimed ones) like the draeni and the other outland races team up or something. But thats lame.

PROTOSS+ZERG HYBRID SECRET RACE FOR WC4!!

Level 4
Sc2.. would pwn, zerglings with protoss sheilds, burrowing zealots. An expansion on that whole "secret mission" of the zerg-protoss hybrids would be awsome.

Kerrigan is coming for you. and it's gonna be VERY PAINFUL. Honestly! I want World of Starcraft or Starcraft:Ghost before sc2. Siege Tanks... yesss...precioussss Sssiege Tanksss...(continues muttering)

and that whoa thing might be real, given the amount of retcons that've happened.

Level 4
It was Warcraft III. All of it. The screenshots, the descriptions, everything. It's not a matter of possibilities. It's a matter of it being the exact same game. The boxes were even the same, then just taped a new LoGo on.

thats why it was amusing

Status
Not open for further replies.