• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

warcraft 3 stopped working error. why happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
all players got same error(stopped working) and crash at the same time.
no log, no replay. just window message.
why happen? how can i fix it?

Level 6
Every time a game is played, all the triggers are used. so if my map have an infinite loop, there should be an error in every game. but it doen't.
Sometimes there is no error in two hours., but sometimes an error occurs when an hour passes.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
so if my map have an infinite loop, there should be an error in every game.
That is making the assumption that it will enter the same state every game that triggers the infinite loop. This might not be the case.

For example one map had a problem with a simple "teleporter" area system. It worked fine most of the time if a single unit entered the teleporter. However if a lot of units entered they formed a barrier which displaced the exit unit into the return teleporter area. As both sides were blocked in a similar way the unit would then be placed inside the other side's return teleported just to be sent back to another return teleporter area. The result was a unit that teleported infinitely and so the game crashed. When entering such a loop sometimes the game crashes with an error such as out of memory or stack overflow etc. Othertimes it becomes unresponsive for the reason explained earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.