• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Podcast: The BladeMasterRUSH Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Md2ctf6.png

Warcraft 3 Podcast & Discussions

Hello Hive, I'm Carson, otherwise known as BladeMasterRUSH, since the announcement of Warcraft 3 Reforged I have become a content creator in the WC3 community as a streamer and mapmaker. I've been playing Warcraft 3 on and off since it came out, and found myself back playing customs regularly about a year and a half ago. Now I edit the RTS custom map 'War in the Plaguelands', which I habitually edit on my Twitch, play a variety of custom games for my community, and recently I've been getting into melee. A bit more about the offline me, I have a wonderful parrot (Green Cheek Conure) appropriately named Grommash, and dabble in DJing/electronic music... used to be a big concert-goer before the pandemic! While I don't post much, thanks to you guys I've been able to fix many bugs in my map sifting through threads dating back a decade... and browsing the model section is one of my guilty pleasures

In the summer I had the idea to start a podcast channel, after being inspired by Joe Rogan, and started by inviting some of my friends from the Warcraft 3 community such as Zoomsf and iNSUPERABLE. I've been fortunate enough to interview legends from all walks of Warcraft 3 ranging from customs streamers like Wtii to the legendary Neo from Back2Warcraft, not to mention talking to fantastic map developers such as Retera, InsaneMonster, ShadiHD and more. My goal is to foster a platform where members of the Warcraft 3 community can tell their story, and to show off a more personal side to people that we know so well. Alongside the Warcraft 3 podcasts, I've started to dabble in more vlog content on the BladeMasterRUSH show channel talking about politics or interviewing Twitch streamers. You can find all podcasts episodes at that channel, and sometime in the future on podcast platforms such as Spotify and Apple. I hope you enjoy the interviews and look forward to seeing what you guys think in the comments!

Full Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtN6n2qJUVxWPbI0-rqGYazNCwUbK38bm

Episode List

Below is a tailored list of all relevant episodes in reverse chronological order, these podcasts include interviews with mapmakers, melee players, and customs content creators (streamers, youtubers). I've included a short description of each inside the spoiler tag.

NOTE: I've only included Warcraft 3 related podcasts in this list

Episode 34: Julianrino (Mapmaker)
Episode 33: blaST9Z (Melee)
Episode 32: ShadiHD (Mapmaker)
Episode 31: Uyarrr (Mapmaker)
Episode 30: InsaneMonster (Mapmaker)
Episode 29: CepheidUK (Melee)
Episode 28: Saken (Mapmaker)
Episode 27: Retera (All Hail)
Episode 25: Sythren / Anar (Melee)
Episode 24: LordDamage (Mapmaker)
Episode 23: Kevin Dong / Monk
Episode 22: Wtii (Content Creator)
Episode 21: Floss2xDaily (Melee)
Episode 19: MythIcarus
Episode 18: carsoNNN (Melee)
Episode 17: Talinn & Menos (Customs)
Episode 16: Neo from Back2Warcraft
Episode 15: Enraged_Giggle (Content Creator)
Episode 14: LordSebas (Mapmaker)
Episode 13: Bidoux (Content Creator)
Episode 12: ENA1337 (Melee)
Episode 10: Kaiser47 (Melee)
Episode 9: wTc[JediMaster]
Episode 8: VimpGaming (Content Creator)
Episode 6: iNSUPERABLE (Melee)
Episode 4: CrackerSnatcher
Episode 2: Zoomsf

Last edited:
Level 21
Hm that's intriguing, will look into these.

edit: Watched them both, some things on that:

I really didn't know about gui's intricate limitations LordDamage pointed out.
Been following Retera for quite some time now, always knew he might apply for a comedian role.
:peasant-cool:

Last edited:
Level 23
Retera's interview was really insightful, and it's cool to hear someone still passionate about Warcraft 3 in this day and age. The discussion on WC3's coding and its inner workings was also really interesting considering I know next to nothing about that sort of stuff. I also really appreciated that despite the negativity surround Reforged, Retera seems like an overall positive dude. Good stuff! :peasant-bowing:

Level 6
Hey guys thanks for the kind words, glad you are enjoying watching them as much as I am making them! I have posted many on my channel with non-mapmakers such as Wtii, Vimp, Insup and Neo if you are curious to hear the 'Warcraft Elite' complain about Reforged, but otherwise I've posted two more podcasts that might spark your interest:

Episode 28: The Wolf Pack Special (the one and only SAKEN)

Episode 29: W3Champions (w/ developer Cepheid)

I'll come back and edit the original to be more proper tomorrow...

Good stuff! Been a friend of Retera for a while, and I appreciate that, despite some of his crazier content, you kept things respectful while also allowing him to really dive into some deep stuff. : )
Retera is my favorite content creator.

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Great interviews! Keep up the good work! @Ralle I think we can do more for this guy than just a sticky thread. Lets talk more about this on our next meeting.

Also @BladeMasterRUSH you should consider adding all your interview videos to your first post and perhaps work on the formatting a bit. Maybe include some information or screenshots.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pyf
Level 6
Great interviews! Keep up the good work! @Ralle I think we can do more for this guy than just a sticky thread. Lets talk more about this on our next meeting.

Also @BladeMasterRUSH you should consider adding all your interview videos to your first post and perhaps work on the formatting a bit. Maybe include some information or screenshots.

Well this was quite the surprise to wake up to! Thank you so much for supporting the project, I'll get right on it :)

Level 6
Really enjoying the podcasts, can't wait to see who else you get on the show!
Thank you sir Footman16!, have posted a couple more worth watching since

Of course the episode with Ralle! EP#36

And a couple people from the melee community!

EP#37: Barren (from Warcraft 3 Gym)

EP#38: ThaGrinchyUno from the melee community!

Stay safe out there everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.