• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 In Game Item Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Concept
You have a dummy item with a dummy name
You make abilities of which you want to add as templates like "HP Regen" with random stats.
Here comes the juice: The game will have the item, the abilities and the generator will decide, when the map maker wants, the abilities and their stats.

Details:

Define item as dummy item.
Define name of item as able to be renamed by the game.
Define possible keywords and names that can be used as item names.
Define abilities as templates for the items.
Define stats of abilities (eg. Clarity:HP+,HP regen) and make them changable.
Define ability id used (When the game generates the ability it will know that this ability has these stats and is named X)
Define item types and item abilities per type, if available (eg. Armor for Gauntlets)
Define number of abilities per item and any special cases (eg. 4+ passive abilities using spellbook)
Define item id (when the item is generated, this will tell the game that this item has these effects, is named X and has type Y)

I just want to know if this is possible and maybe someone can do it, since i am not a scripter. Also if you need more info, let me know.

One can define infinite custom categories for everything, and also for items. Similar like binding all items to some "origin state" which is just custom defined.

You can't really dynamicly (randomly during gameplay) re-define an item's name or such. That's just not possible via triggers.

For abilities-- what one can do is to abstractly to bind a list of abilities to a item's handleid, and when the item is added you can add all the abilites,
and when item is removed, remove the abilities respectivly. The ability list can be defined dynamicly.

Like you imagine it with template items is sadly not possible.

Anyways, I wish you luck-- and I move it to WorldEditor Help forum. Triggers & Scripts forum is only used if you already have certain code provided with which you have issues.

Level 10
I saw it in F - Day Hero of Heroes before. The items are all dummy - like such as Sword, Spear, Staff, Wings. The names, attributes and effects are all randomized after being "verified", and they are shown in a multi-board. The attacks and spell are custom as well, no stats or default abilities were used.

This is like a whole system for the map already, and needs a great deal of time and effort. So I can only say yes, it's possible.

One can define infinite custom categories for everything, and also for items. Similar like binding all items to some "origin state" which is just custom defined.

You can't really dynamicly (randomly during gameplay) re-define an item's name or such. That's just not possible via triggers.

For abilities-- what one can do is to abstractly to bind a list of abilities to a item's handleid, and when the item is added you can add all the abilites,
and when item is removed, remove the abilities respectivly. The ability list can be defined dynamicly.

Like you imagine it with template items is sadly not possible.

Anyways, I wish you luck-- and I move it to WorldEditor Help forum. Triggers & Scripts forum is only used if you already have certain code provided with which you have issues.

It is actually impossible for infinite to exist in WC3 unless you count 0 as it. In-game object editor was and still is kind of possible to have. Sadly Blizzard doesn't approve of it just like the return bug. Memory hack

Dude, so a POE-like map is possible

Yeah it is possible as long as you generate the names by string because the WC3 editor can't handle much data and even with Wurst you will still be stuck at a certain number when you run out of rawcodes.

Last edited:
Nope, possible with workarounds excluding item name on an actual item in the limited vanilla wc3 inventory.
You know that this makes no sense?

If the question is "is it possible with items to do x, or y" then you can not say yes, it's possible, but not with actual "items". Of course everything can be abstracted on a level, but that's not the question.

Level 10
I have created such a system for a project of mine, which i quickly abbadonned because i found that this would completely blew the personal recources (time/effort) i got. It isnt complete, since there is onky the raw structure, but i could upload it when i get access to my pc.

Keep in mind, that the system cant defone tooltips of the item, since the WE is too hardcoded for that.

I have created such a system for a project of mine, which i quickly abbadonned because i found that this would completely blew the personal recources (time/effort) i got. It isnt complete, since there is onky the raw structure, but i could upload it when i get access to my pc.

Keep in mind, that the system cant defone tooltips of the item, since the WE is too hardcoded for that.

WE is too restricted/locked*. I'd like to see the system as well if you get the chance to upload it.

Level 10
Well, i back at home, so now i can upload the map.

Since i'm not continuing this, and its far from having any content, feel free to do with it what you please. Keep in mind that the system in the map attached is far away from being complete and is lacking failsafes, documentation or a workable API. this is more of a proof that it is for itself doable.

Iu got also the main reason why i stopped working on it: it should have been a bigger project, but since i dont utilize writing on local files, the savecodes would have bloaten up to a ridicilous amount. So i shyed away from the idea.

On the other hand, i found this system, which has almost all features you wanted (And is complete and bug free ^^), for as far as i see:
CSS

With some triggering tweaking, this should be able to randomize and create items ingame.

Edit: I probably go back to my system someday and make a modular system out of it which is uploadable on the hive, but currently i dont got the time, sadly.

Attachments

• Divination orpg Alpha 1.w3x
    163.1 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.