• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Warcraft 3 Exits on Loading Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hello community!

So as the title says, everytime I try to launch my map it crashes/exits to desktop while on the loading screen (it barely loads before crashing) I can open the map in the World Editor (not sure which version of Jass NewGen I have, but it's not the latest) without any problems.

Although, it also seem to crash everytime when I try to save the map after changing the loading screen within the editor. Even though I tried to delete the custom loading screen I'm using.

Other maps made by my current version of Jass NewGen works fine in Warcraft 3.

Any idea what causes this crash?

Thanks in advance!

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Texture quality is already set to high.

No error messages pops up. It just exits immidiately upon the loading screen.

I just tried to delete all the imported stuff (another saved file). And reset all the object data. And it still doesn't work.

Is it worth mentioning, that I exported the resources I use from a diffrent map I made long ago, and imported them again to my new map?

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'm so positive it's an imported file's fault (you mention it crashes very early into loading, it can't be a trigger problem). Make a copy of your map where you have imports removed, I'm sure it loads then.

Edit: You can spot the faulty import with binary search very quickly

Last edited by a moderator:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well, when I first created the map I adjusted the initial cliff level to 15 (dunno really know why I did that).

And you were right! @WaterKnight
I just adjusted the cliff level to 14, and it WORKS! (through the option within the WE)! However, now all the doodads I've raised or lowered are in the wrong spot XD Any easy fix to this?
Import it with some MPQEditor.
Sorry, I don't think I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.