• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3:Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well I'm making this because its a simple project that expands game play. What this project is, is not much different from normal warcraft 3, only I've increased upgrades, max level, added a couple of units, and a few new upgrades for all sides. Though I'm just putting all this on some of blizzards premade maps that were already in warcraft 3, only I'm adding something to the name so it doesn't overwrite anything.

There will only be a couple of newer models in this, I don't want it to look cheesy, so far the first version will be on divide and conquer and 12 player map. I've been working on this for a few hours and Humans are almost done. Each faction will get 1 new hero, couple new units and upgrades, not a huge improvement, but adds more variety, I've changed up the item vaults, added newer towers for each faction, just to make the game more interesting, there will hopefully be no triggers, new creeps will appear in this. I don't want to add too much so I'm trying to not just throw in units that are a bit stronger then previous units. I'll be able to get more done through the week sense I work less.

I'm going to try and see how well this will work with a advanced AI mod, and once ready(roughly the 31st of this month) You guys can test it, see how you like it, after I add what I please and its in testing, you guys can offer suggestions on new units and stuff, see what the public wants. Anyway here is what I've gotten done
Orange: Many things pending, not everything is official but the unit itself stands
Red: This unit is not official, idea based, still planning
green: Official

Humans:
Champions:Powerful melee units meant to keep units at bay while range take out the enemies, planning on have a Aura. Using the Captain model

Crossbowman: Powerful but slow ranged unit, good for siege. No model chosen yet

Paladin Apprentice:
Name is still pending, this unit is weaker then the hero paladin, and mainly a caster unit with holyshock ability and possibly a heal ability.(Heavy spellcaster unit)

Energy Tower: Powerful energy tower, Effective against air units.

Orcs:
Warlock: A powerful spellcaster that can cast cripple and raise dead(orc)
Base Raider: A strong raider on foot, good against killing light infantry and base raiding.(whole purpose of unit is pending)

Undead:

Skeleton Warrior: A basic Skeletal infantry soldier, with 0 armor, low HP and a good amount of damage. Purpose is pending.
Skeletal Archer: A long range skeletal bowman, has several arrow spells, cold, fire, dark, and poison.

Night Elves:

Sentry: A strong unit with low hp and armor. Good for a basic infantry soldier.

Last edited:
Level 7
My suggestion is use as many campaign units as possible. For example, use the Proudmoore modle for the General and have a new unit for the orcs be the warlock. This way, the game looks muhc more "Blizzard-dy."

Level 12
Yep, I have been, the champions are the swordsman and leutinent, the elite knight model is the bandit lord, and the general ill prob us proudmoor or something.

Also yes I will use hr warlock as a unit too, that casts frenzy maybe? The Warlocks will be able to raise dead into Skeletal Orcs. I try to make things as warcrafty as possible

Level 7
Suggestions for Other Races

Orc
Spirit Wyvern - Erthereal Caster. I dunno... Be creative. Probably offensive caster.
Riderless Kodo - Similar to Obsidian Statue, in that it refills life and mana. May provide food or be a drop of point for resources.

Undead
Zombie: Skeletons spawned by necromancers can have an ability where they find at corpse, consume it, and become zombies, which have higher HP and damage.

Night Elf
Corrupted Ancient Protector - Sacrifices the ability to root, adds more chaos damage.

Level 12
Night Elves arn't the type that use chaos or corrupted ents.
Though I have some ideas of a few new units I still need help for that.

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 12
Bump!!! I need unit ideas.. I figured I would get lots of ideas here, I'm getting more from the.helper -_-'

Level 7
Yep, I have been, the champions are the swordsman and leutinent, the elite knight model is the bandit lord, and the general ill prob us proudmoor or something.

Also yes I will use hr warlock as a unit too, that casts frenzy maybe? The Warlocks will be able to raise dead into Skeletal Orcs. I try to make things as warcrafty as possible

Kinda sounds cheesey dude... Adding "Elite" to a title is pretty anti-blizzard, that like to diversify between units, not just make a excisting unit better. Also knights are known for being chivalres armored tanks... Not losers in cloth and leather... Also the "Bandit Lord" model file is used by neutrals, stray from using already sued model files... And the champion i'm sure are just strong footman, and not units with battle auras and aoe demoralizers as it should be.

My suggestions:

Human:
Champion: As you have, but make it as i say, don't make it a powerful combat unit, but rather a combat enhancing unit. No elite form, take out all elite forms... There stupid and cheesey.

Archer: Take out... To "elf-y". Instead add Human Crossbowman, a slow moving, slow firing ranged unit, with high range and high damage(high damage means high base damage, not lots of attack speed). Also to differ' from the regular rifleman, make this unit trained at a workshop, also give them an ability that gives them a chance to "jam" there crossbow upon an attack, increasing there attack cooldown or something. There is a great crossbowman model you could use that looks very blizz-like. Just search crossbowman in models resource section.

Lesser Paladin: A paladin which is like there hero paladin, only weaker. It would be a melee caster basically, with a holyshock ability (heals allies or damages enemies) and a slow yet powerful melee attack. Could also call this unit adept paladin. Would be trained at the human spell caster training building (forget name :O).

Mounted Priest: Trained at the gryphon training building (forget name again :Ox2) would be a priest mounted on a gryphon, which would call for faster m.s. Also would be weaker in combat and have less hp, but would have a stronger heal and a aoe heal move (ariel heal?).
Finding a model for this wouldn't be to hard, and you could probably get someone to make it for you if you decide to implement this.

Well im only gonan do human because that seems to be what you're doing right now, post your ideas for the other teams.

P.S. Warlock idea is good!

Level 12
Well I forgot to edit my first post on what I've changed.

Anyway I scrapped the whole Elite crap, it didnt seem very blizz to me and i scrapped the upgrades for them

Champions are still champions, and I'll give them some kind of aura and a passive ability that can be upgraded, the Elite Champions I changed the name, it was royal something I cant remember offhand. Elite Knights I thought for now I would name them Royal Knights, and maybe trained a the caslte along with the other royal units. The archer I was most likely going to change around, but the crossbowman sounds good, maybe fire arrows? Siege damage? Good against buildings?

Also I was thinking about a non-hero Paladin, but I would have to get my hands on getting the hero glow off or finding a good model to take its place.

Why make a mounted priests? normal priests seem to be fine, unless I get my hands on a model and maybe have the priest upgrade into a mounted priest.

Also I've gone off and on names of new heroes, for the first one is Imperial Captain, with passive abilities and a avatar kind of ability, with high strength, low intelligence and agility, a strength based hero.

Another hero I thought of is I call it a Elemental Mage, which is all elemental spells, archmage isnt all elemental. His spells would be blizzard, reign of fire,(firebolt?), and earthquake(or volcano?)

Now for orcs I have a couple of ideas, one is using warlocks and changing around there spells and damage and such, another would be like a raider only not mounted, meant for siegeing bases and killing light infantry(this is a heavy infantry) though this seems like its the same as raiders. Another is a orc spearmean general franks model, its very blizzardy, and i really want to use it. Maybe replace headhunter? Make it some kind of powerful unit.

For undead I haven't been sure, I was thinking of making a Lich King kind of hero with high intelligence and strength but low agility with frost abilities. I was thinking about using the bigger version of the skeletal warrior(the big pink one) maybe try to make him bluish and call it like Skeletal Commander or skeletal Captain, something.

Night Elves I can't think of anything for them, thats like the only race I can't find much models or ideas for.

Btw i increased size of all buildings to 1.20 and units to .80, heroes to .90, to make it seem more realish.

Though I like the idea and it sounds like an interesting project, though I don't like the names you have chosen. Anyways, here are my ideas.

ORC

Warlock - The warlock unit currently in Wc3. Make use of what you have already, just add it into the techtree. (More or less agreeing with the idea you suggested before.)

NIGHT ELF

Sentry - The unmounted Huntress model. Make her fast, attack and movement speed, but not do a lot of damage. Have a few Blademaster like abilities and a variety of upgrades correpsonding with the Huntress.

Rabid Battlesaber - Just a random idea I'd like to throw out there. I can't think of too much. A heavily armored giant Nightsaber. Fast movement speed, slow attack speed, heavy damage. Would require a custom model.

HUMAN

campir said:
Champion: As you have, but make it as i say, don't make it a powerful combat unit, but rather a combat enhancing unit. No elite form, take out all elite forms... There stupid and cheesey.

Archer: Take out... To "elf-y". Instead add Human Crossbowman, a slow moving, slow firing ranged unit, with high range and high damage(high damage means high base damage, not lots of attack speed). Also to differ' from the regular rifleman, make this unit trained at a workshop, also give them an ability that gives them a chance to "jam" there crossbow upon an attack, increasing there attack cooldown or something. There is a great crossbowman model you could use that looks very blizz-like. Just search crossbowman in models resource section.

Lesser Paladin: A paladin which is like there hero paladin, only weaker. It would be a melee caster basically, with a holyshock ability (heals allies or damages enemies) and a slow yet powerful melee attack. Could also call this unit adept paladin. Would be trained at the human spell caster training building (forget name :O).

Mounted Priest: Trained at the gryphon training building (forget name again :Ox2) would be a priest mounted on a gryphon, which would call for faster m.s. Also would be weaker in combat and have less hp, but would have a stronger heal and a aoe heal move (ariel heal?).
Finding a model for this wouldn't be to hard, and you could probably get someone to make it for you if you decide to implement this.

I agree with the above. ^_^

UNDEAD

Skeletal Archer - Honestly, skeletons have always needed to be part of the Scourge. In Wc3 at least. Poison arrow spell and variety of projectile upgrades.

Skeletal Warrior - Honestly, skeletons have always needed to be part of the Scourge. In Wc3 at least.

Level 12
None of the names are official, there just names I'm using until a better name is chosen.

Also I will most likely add the skeletons to the tech tree, the purpose for them I don't know.

I think 1-2 new heroes, and 4 new units to each side, a new tower, items and 1 new spell for each class.
If we can brainstorm the best units to put on each side with a good purpose would be great

btw your idea on the mounted priest is pretty much my first set of ideas of knights and elite knights. Because a mounted priest would be exactly the same only stronger and such. So its best just to make a upgrade to turn priests into these.

I'll edit my first post on everything I have so far.

Level 7
Ok the mounted priest is needed because so far there are know ariel spell casters, and an aoe heal would be rad. You got the crossbowman right! Siege attack is what you want on it.

For a lesser paladin model file, you could prolly find it in about 2-3 seconds. Just search under humans in the mdoel section.

I'm still against the royal/elite units, they still seem cheesey to me.

Also new idea for humam: Mountain Warrior: basically a spin-off of the mountin king hero, this unit would be like a dwarf footman, except it would use hammers, have a weak bash ability, and when near a mountain king, would have increased hp.

Hawking i like the Rabid Battlesaber, and I have a different spin of the sentry, but i'll just post all my ideas for n.elf at once.

Nightelf:
Sentry: like 420 ms, but 0 attack damage, has truesight and has 1600 vision day and night, this unit would also have a ability called "call of the sentry" which teleports like 6-7 units to the sentries current location, so bascially this unit would be a scouting unit.

Elunes Watcher: Use the non-hero warden model file for this, you know, the really dark one that wears the black cape? Anyway this unit would also have good vision, and decent ms, however the main focus would be its enhanced meld ability. When this unit attacks something while in meld, it will deal bonus damage, like the backstab from WW. Also this unit would have 400 range.It attack damage would be weak normally, which is why the meld ability is so critical, as the meld backstab damage will be this units main source of dps.

Ethereal Wisp: A wisp trained at the main nightelf structure, that cannot built buildings. Instead this wisp can enter into an ethereal state in which it can cast battle enhancing abilities, and not be damaged by non-magical attacks. When it's not in it's ethereal form, it can only cast one ability: ethereal jaunt, which explodes the wisp, but gives allies that are within 800 aoe of the explosion bonus attack speed.

Ancient of Battle: An ancient that you build which cannot root, it acts as like a really really expensive and strong footman for the nightelf. It would be immensley powerful however it still needs to be built by a wisp, which means sacrafysing a wisp to build this unit.

Well that's all I have for now. Bai!

Last edited:
Level 12
Like I said, names arnt official...They are just temporary names until better ones come along. Btw You think you can find any kind of model on this site in a few seconds. I have already looked. I Didn't find a decent warcrafty kind of model for a lesser paladin. For the mounted Warrior, the only model that would suit that is the mounted arthas with a hammer, and I'm not experianced with taking the hero glow off successfully and have it not crash the map.

Btw Quite a few of your spell ideas would require Triggers, which I'm horrible at, and I'm trying to do everything I can not using triggers.

Really the only unit out of your ideas that interest me is the last one, ancient of battle.
Btw no offense but a few of those units sound a bit cheesy... Mainly the fact they would be unbalanced, the first 3 of the night elf ones.

The units that interest me of your ideas is the crossbowman, lesser paladin, ancient of battle, and Mounted priest. A mounted warrior? Thats what the knights for. I can give them a weak bash.
The units I listed seem more warcrafty and easy to balance and not complicated to make right. Though units for the Night Elves will be the hardest to think of good original non OP units. So we need to work on that.

I was also thinking of making the sentry more like a scout like you said, with 400 HP, weak attack(around footman level) 0 Armor, and fast movement, for scouting. Using it so u can tele units can be really unbalanced and OP, because you can just run a bunch of the in mid of there base and tele a bunch of powerful units. Which is really unbalanced if they were the only side that can do this.

Level 7
Like I said, names arnt official...They are just temporary names until better ones come along. Btw You think you can find any kind of model on this site in a few seconds. I have already looked. I Didn't find a decent warcrafty kind of model for a lesser paladin. For the mounted Warrior, the only model that would suit that is the mounted arthas with a hammer, and I'm not experianced with taking the hero glow off successfully and have it not crash the map.

Btw Quite a few of your spell ideas would require Triggers, which I'm horrible at, and I'm trying to do everything I can not using triggers.

Really the only unit out of your ideas that interest me is the last one, ancient of battle.
Btw no offense but a few of those units sound a bit cheesy... Mainly the fact they would be unbalanced, the first 3 of the night elf ones.

The units that interest me of your ideas is the crossbowman, lesser paladin, ancient of battle, and Mounted priest. A mounted warrior? Thats what the knights for. I can give them a weak bash.
The units I listed seem more warcrafty and easy to balance and not complicated to make right. Though units for the Night Elves will be the hardest to think of good original non OP units. So we need to work on that.

I was also thinking of making the sentry more like a scout like you said, with 400 HP, weak attack(around footman level) 0 Armor, and fast movement, for scouting. Using it so u can tele units can be really unbalanced and OP, because you can just run a bunch of the in mid of there base and tele a bunch of powerful units. Which is really unbalanced if they were the only side that can do this.

I said mountain warrior, not mounted warrior, it's a dwarf warrior... And sentry sdhould have no atatck. The tp thing wouldn't be imba because:
1) Sentries would die in about 3-5 hits, and the tp would be channeled, so it wouldnt go off much.
2) Would only tp 3-7 units.
3) Sentires cost a lot, so if it dies from stupid use it'sa total waist of money.

Abilities wouldn't be that hard to trigger... for Elunes Watcher, just make a WW ability, but when you mone you lose the WW buff. easy.

Level 12
There wouldnt be much of a point in sentrys if they died in a few hits and had no attacks. They can just send in a group, run into a base and tele units... its still imba... And I'm bad at triggers

Level 12
The elunes watcher would be hard, because meld only works when the unit isn't moving or doing any actions like casting and fighting. Like I said, I'm really not that good at triggers. And I want to try and avoid using triggers. As this just enhances normal game play. And sense upgrades go up to 6 instead of 3, Elunes watcher can be OP, including if you spam them. Campirs ideas mostly involve quite a few triggers... Which would be a bit complicating. I'm trying to make this as simple as possible so Beta can be out soon.
Both Elunes watcher and sentry ideas can be OP, we don't want that. It would be hard to balance t so you can't abuse them.

A sentry can just be a weak unit with around the same damage as a footman with high vision site at night and day, with about 320 HP 0 armor. Thats best for a simple scout that can't be abused. Ancient of battle would be good just needs to be improved, including a new name. Elunes watcher could be used but needs a different purpose and one thats more simple then complicating to make

Level 12
Bump, need good ideas for undead, orcs, and Night Elves, "Simple" ideas, not ones that would take complicated triggers to do =P

Level 15
Here are some suggestions :D

Upgrades-
Brutal Strength (tauren units, excluding spellcasters)
Troll Spirit Magic (gives troll casters a new ability, varies for each unit)
Units-
Troll Spiritualist (Troll High Priest, healing unit, stats somewhat like priest but more expensive, has Heal, Spirit Aura[increases hp regen moderately, about 1-2hp, does not stack, needs Troll Magic])
Tauren Champion (Tauren Tinted and Bigger, Powerful fighter, has an improved version of Pulverise, high hp, damage and armour but slow. Needs brutal strength to train.)
Changes-
Troll Witch Doctor (Gains Spirit Ward [Summons a ward that is similar to healing ward but regenerates mana instead of health]
Upgrades-
Blight (Gives the obsidian statue the ability to create an area of blight, like sacrifical skull)
Black Necromancy (Makes all raised units more powerful, grants more health for ghouls, frost wyrms, abominations, and skeletals, minor hp for skeletal to avoid imbalance)

Buildings-
Corpse Reconstruction Hall (The doodad mausoleum thing, can take a nearby corpse and change it into a zombie or a greater zombie. If the unit is a high level unit a greater zombie will be spawned, counts as a summoned unit that lasts forever)

Unit-
Zombie/ Greater Zombie (Zombie model, Greater Zombie is bigger, has more damage and hp, greater zombie has disease cloud)
Undead Soul Mage (Kel'thuzad ghost model, has Soul Touch[heal], and gains Soul Cripple when necromancer mastery is research [Makes unit take damage per second and reduces damage]

Upgrades-
Nature Touch (Gives the wisp and the ancient of life the ability to create a tree at the location)
Nature Cure (Allows the wisp to heal a unit at the cost of lumber and grants the ancient of life a life regeneration aura)

Units-
Nature Mage (Malfurion model, has Conversion [convert 1 tree to a minor treant] and Tranquil Nature [Creates a tree spirit at a tree that can heal units].

Buildings-
Ancient of Life (Has a regeneration aura[requires Nature Cure] and can grow trees [requires nature touch])

I know I didn't state some things like tier requirement and where it can be trained etc. but I suck at balancing so here, hope it helps :D!

Level 12
Well that helps but a couple of those would require tricky triggers o.o'

Any unit specific ideas? Upgrades can come later, i mainly need unit ideas and hero ideas, 2 for undead and 4 for Night Elves, and 2 for orcs, this isnt counting heroes

Level 15
No, not really. Some of the abilities have very simple way to trigger. If you need help for any of the skill I suggested I might be able to help. Unit ideas right?

Orc-
Ogre Chief [Ogre Warchief Model]: Strong unit that has shock wave and command aura.
Ogre Fighter [One Headed Ogre Model]: A warrior ogre that can do high damage. Has bash.
Troll Berserker- A troll berserker that can change its body element to fit its needs, can morph into one of the following and can switch between the following.
Forest Troll Berserker (Starts with this)- Moderate HP, damage, speed and armour.
Dark Troll Berserker- Below average HP, high damage, high speed and low armour.
Ice Troll Berserker- Moderate HP, below average damage, moderate speed and low armour. Has cold attack.
Fire Troll Berserker (Some troll berserker tinted red)- Moderate HP, low damage, high speed, low armour. Has critial strike.

Night Elf-
Nature Spirit (Keeper of the Grove Ghost)- A powerful nature healer that can heal others and nature. Has Nature Touch [Heal, I have a green heal model here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/705585-post11.html] and Tree Cluster [Creates some trees in an area].
Night Walker (The other warden model, the one in the RoC campaign) - A strong assasin that excels at killing in the night. Has NightWalk [Windwalk which can be only cast at night]. Also has high movespeed and damage but slow attack speed.

Undead-
Skeletal Marksman- Ranged unit that does good damage from far away. Has long range and good damage but attacks slowly. Also has Critical Strike.
Ice Wraith- An Icy wraith which has powerful ice spells. Can cast Frost Nova and has Cold Attack.

Level 12
he crossbowman is pretty much completed, haven't tested him yet, i used this model, sense its simple and low KB
Crossbowman - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Plus it can talk... Which fits things better.

I gave him the following
Searing arrows
Slow attack but High Damage
Siege damage, effective at buildings
It has a short range attack
same armor as a footman so he has same amount of defense
uses the footman shield upgrade(hes wearing metal armor)
Requires Workshop
Gold: 325
Wood: 20
Food: 3

I'm deciding whether to have him trained at barracks or workshop.

I have added a Ogre to the Horde, with a similar purpose as the Crossbowman.

Slow attacking but high damage
Siege damage
Has no armor to make up for its damage(can't be abused)
Effective against buildings Medium HP
Has cleaving attack(That, bash or pulverize?)
Cost: 345
Wood: 50
Food: 4

Thoughts?

Hmm I already got a ogre warrior, I don't need a chieftan(Warchief is someone in command of the horde..) Your NE ideas seem good
Theres already a troll beserker, maybe a unit called troll shapeshifter?

For the first version I mainly want the new units and such and a few upgrades, and the next beta version can have all the new trigger spells and the fixes from the first beta

Last edited:
Level 12
A troll turning into other kinds of trolls just doesnt fit the horde. Including you just can't do that. No troll can do that. A new kind of troll would be good, what kind? I don't know.

Also guys sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been getting more feedback and better ideas on pollama, and I've had school to deal with. So I'll update this sometime this week, and will a mod please delete my above post... i submitted twice by accident.

Level 18
I have an idea for the Undead:

The Death Knight: Put in all the original warcraft 2 spells, more of a mid-ground unit. (Like a pally but unholy, so its like a tank and spellcaster).

Nathreziem Corrupter: A slow attacking unit with a powerful life steal, can use Life Drain and can turn units against each other(Charm).

Skeletal Orc Grunt: A fallen Orcish warrior that uses its tanking-like abillities to storm the battlefield as a siege weapon. (Can use Berserk and Command Aura?)

Pit Lord:A corrupted Nathreziem that was twisted by Hell. Uses Cleaving Attack, Sleep, Rain of Fire, and Cripple.

Fire Wyrm: The Opposite to the Frost Wyrm, can gain Fire Breath to burn buildings with more damage when hit (Like The batrider spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.