• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Enhanced zombie killing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
At the moment I am making a map which is a little like resident evil, but based on an entire different story/characters etc.
The other day I was flicking through the zombie animations and i saw that it had a birth animation, unlike alot of other units. So this gave me the idea that i should make it so every zombie should die once then get up again, then if you kill them again, they'll die permanently. (Giving the effect of knocking them down for a few seconds). I already know how each trigger will be done for this:

Event: Unit dies

Condition: (Dying Unit) is equal to (Zombie)

Action: Suspend Corpse Decay of (Dying Unit)
Wait 5 Seconds?
Ressurect (Dying unit)

Which is pretty simple. However does any mapper out there have any ideas on how i can trigger this so they only get back up ONCE and so i can do it for every zombie without having to have a trigger for every single one. Help would be much appreciated :)

Level 7
My idea for this would be, instead of ressurect, make it create zombie at the old zombies location. But you'll have to have two different Zombies (They might have same skills and damage and all.) Just so that:

Event: Unit dies

Condition: Dying unit is equal to Zombie1

Action: here is where things will get tricky however. u might do: Suspend corpse decay
Wait 5 seconds.
Remove triggereing unit from game
Create Zombie2 at position of dying unit.

You might have to make a trigger so that when Zombie2 is created, it'll show its birth art.
Hope this helps.

Level 6
Thats an extremely good idea - thanks for the help (gonna have to revise the entire unit system as ive already got 4 different types of zombies). Ill try it out :D thanks again man ^^

So any ideas on how I would make a unit show birth animation when it is created?

Level 7
Event: I have a difficulty finding a part for this...It would have to be like: Unt - unit is created or something like that but i cant seem to find one. You might have to improvise or something

Condition: Unit type = to Zombie2

Actions: Animation - Play (Last Created)'s (Birth) animation.
wait a few seconds (Depends how long is birth animation)
Animation - Reset (Last Created)'s animation.

Level 6
Hmmmmm yeah ill probably do a "run trigger" when i create the unit that flips to a trigger dictating the animation. One thing though - i wont be able to use a "last created unit" action after a wait time. Ill probably have to set the unit to a variable or something. If i use "last created unit" after a wait, a unit might get created within the wait time and it could get messed up.

Level 24
you can just use "a unit enters (playable map area)" and then for conditions have "unit type = Zombie1(revived) OR unit type = Zombie2(revived) OR etc."
technically that works because when it's created it enters the map area

on a sidenote, u ever notice that the simple ways of doing things are the ones most frequently overlooked but obscenely fancy and awe-inspiring ways are found anyways? seems to be happening a lot here. :lol: it's because everyone is so badass they've almost forgotten the simple ways of doing things

Level 16
However does any mapper out there have any ideas on how i can trigger this so they only get back up ONCE and so i can do it for every zombie without having to have a trigger for every single one. Help would be much appreciated icon_smile.gif

events - unit dies
conditions - unit type equal to zombie
actions:
unit - set custom value of dying unit to (custom value of dying unit +1)
if/then/else (multiple actions)
if
custom value of dying unit equal to 2
then
do nothing
else
wait 5 sec
hero - revive dying unit (or create another unit w/e you decide to do)

Level 7
You know thers a progenerate hydra ability? i use it in my td for a few waves. Anyways, Give zombie1 the ability: reviveOnce (or w/e you wish to call it) and make it so that it creates 1 zombie2 at death. Make a trigger so that when that unit enters the game, it does the birth animation. I like mini-mes way though its a little complicated.

Level 6
Thanks guys, youve all helped me. I admire your method of doing this Mini_me but im not going to use it. In the end im mixing Teh_ephys and Bloodvirus' ideas. I will still be giving all of you credit. Thanks again :D

Level 4
One day when I was bored I tryed making a resident evil map. I can't remember the exact trigger, but I made it when a zombie was attacked. The zombie would randomly fall over (Play death animation) then after a couple of seconds it would get up again and continue walking after you.

If you want, I can look through my maps and show it to you. I thought it worked quite well.

- Azalgath

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why did you not just use handle vars...
Such a system you wanted would take only 1 trigger and atmost 10 lines of jass (actual function) but probably much less.

Redskull used it in his map swat am but they did not play birth animation because that 1-2 secs would rig the map to be easily won.

Handle vars are a way of storing data to a unit whether it be boolean integer real or another unit or even triggers.

I find it hard to think of making a map with out them :).

Status
Not open for further replies.