• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Scourge of Lordereon - Expanded/Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, after making my Exodus of the Horde Expanded, I wanted to try and do the same thing with not only this campaign, but potentially all the other campaigns Blizzard made. For this campaign, my goals for it are as followed:
  • Make Lordereon great again by removing all elven and dwarf units from the tech-tree, giving the humans... well, more human units.
  • Using a system I made a while back, I want to revamp it and use it here. The idea is that each unit in the techtree, minus a few specifics, will have an alternate version that focuses on a specific type. For example, you can chose between he standard Footman, a more defensive Defender, or a more aggressive Marauder.
  • Due to the removal of dwarves, the missions with Muradin will have a seperate tech-tree with the dwarves. they won't have the option of choice like the humans, but will help make those missions more interesting.
  • Arthas, Jaina, and Muridan will have reworked abilities, along with a spell book of level 1 spells to give them more versatility.
You may be wondering what the file attached to this is. It's the standard campaign with no alterations beyond making sure the units look RoC. However, I have added something partly to make sure I got the caches and map paths correct: a small, purple sheep named Bartholomew. On all playable maps (not interludes), I've hidden Bartholomew in an area that should be viewable in normal gameplay, assuming you're willing to find them.

With that, I'm done. Feel free to let me know if there's something I should keep in mind with this, as, while I have some ideas in mind, I haven't come up with everything yet.

Attachments

• SoLCamp.w3n
    2.4 MB · Views: 402
Level 23
Any chance you might want to consider trying your hand at doing something not related to the original bliz campaigns? I mean if you are dead set on it, then by all means continue with your plan, its just that modifications based on the original campaign are (unfortunately) very abundant. I say unfortunately because sometimes a concept is overused so many times that it would be more beneficial for the war3 community to have map makers efforts put into something different (a different timeline campaign or maybe from a different perspective). The ROC human campaign in particular seems to have atleast 6+ modifications on hive (some are not easy to find since they were rejected).

Level 11
Any chance you might want to consider trying your hand at doing something not related to the original bliz campaigns? I mean if you are dead set on it, then by all means continue with your plan, its just that modifications based on the original campaign are (unfortunately) very abundant. I say unfortunately because sometimes a concept is overused so many times that it would be more beneficial for the war3 community to have map makers efforts put into something different (a different timeline campaign or maybe from a different perspective). The ROC human campaign in particular seems to have atleast 6+ modifications on hive (some are not easy to find since they were rejected).

Well, there this, but I would need to sit down and write out a story for me to really work on a full version of it.
Also, I have plans to try and make modified versions of all the campaigns, including Undead, Orc and Night Elf.

Level 6
There is nothing different about your campaign/s. I suggest you utilize your time, work and knowledge in creating something new - different.

Status
Not open for further replies.