• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Doesn't Run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys!
I don't know if this is the true forum for this question but I didn't found a better forum.

My friend's Warcraft 3 doesn't launch properly. He also re-installed it but the issue still stands. Just this picture appeared and nothing happens about running it.
img_20171123_212849-jpg.285409

Any solution?

Attachments

• IMG_20171123_212849.jpg
    IMG_20171123_212849.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,221
Warcraft III works perfectly on Windows 10 64bit, maybe upgrading his OS would help.
Hmm, this could be a nice solution but I'm not sure because he re-installed his Windows and this issue apeared. Before re-installing the Windows, Warcraft III worked well. I think there are some problems about Windows, maybe he didn't install Windows properly, etc. What do you think, @Dr Super Good?
Maybe some drivers are missing
Maybe... but what type of drivers? Oo

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What do you think, @Dr Super Good?
They are not telling us enough information to make an effective diagnosis of the cause...

I would suggest trying the following.
  • Update Windows 7 OS. Make sure all service packs and other updates for Windows 7 are installed.
  • Reinstall graphic drivers. Use latest official graphic driver version that supports your graphic hardware. Graphic drivers are usually NVidia, AMD or Intel depending on the graphic accelerator hardware. Be aware that older graphic accelerator hardware might not be supported by newer driver versions.
  • Make sure the appropriate .NET framework is installed. If it is missing usually (always?) a prompt will come up saying what is missing and a google search will lead one to the required install.
  • Try updating DirectX 9.0. Due to at the time on running legacy XP support Windows Vista and 7 shipped/default with not the final version of DirectX 9.0. If the game links to this final version then it will fail to start unless it is installed.
  • Try installing the game from the official Blizzard download. Due to the way WC3 works, it is possible that non-English language installs have subtle bugs in them that can cause them to not work. For that reason it might also be recommendable to try installing the English version of Warcraft III to rule this out before reinstalling native language. The same CDKeys work for all WC3 localizations.

Win7 + No Internet.

Might be a problem with gameExplorer from windows, when you add a game and it misses details, GameExplorer asks on every gamestart some server for infos about the game. GameExplorer pauses the Thread starting the game until it got kind of an respons, which it can't if you have no internet connection.
Some time ago I had this problem with my laptop, too.
Possible solutions on that case:
  • Start the game twice and kill the 1.Thread with taskmanager.
    • Annoying after some time.
  • Disable Gameexplorer.
  • Rename some gameexplorer dll in your windows folder.
    • Might be undone after windows updates.
  • Fill in the missing informations can be quite troublesome.
    • There are some guides how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.